PDA

View Full Version : U-Fit parts ... should the dealer foot the bill for exchanged rods?

BCNewell
04-23-2022, 10:24 PM
Hello. Am in the process of purchasing a new, never titled, older-model F3 with the SM6 manual transmission. Full factory 24mo warranty, etc. My main concern now - the factory pegs are set at #3. Know I will need at least #4. However, my local dealers don’t have a F3 that I can get “U-Fit” on, and this trike is over 1,000 miles away, and will be shipped to me. Since BRP offers this U-Fit service, but I physically can’t do it on this bike at their dealership, should I demand that the dealer get the kit for #4 and ship it to me? Salesman states he’s reasonably sure they have no alternate kits in stock, and he’s 100% sure they don’t have one for a SM6, as a rod for the shift linkage is needed, as well. (I assume this is correct - he said so, but I haven’t verified.) Anyway, is this something that the dealer should foot the bill for? In my mind, it is, because that’s the whole jist of the U-Fit. Not sure they could get one ordered in and installed before shipper picks bike up (probably 8 to 10 days). If I get push-back from this selling dealer, is there some way I can get mother BRP to make this right?

Just looking for ideas on the best way to approach this, and get what I need, without pissing the dealer off. Think that I would be willing to settle on #4’s, as I will be putting some sort of highway peg on, as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

YPILOT
04-24-2022, 04:30 AM
Hello, That’s probably not going to happen. If salesman stated he had none in stock.
I would suggest that you find a set of position 4 rods now if you really want/need them.
Supply for some parts is limited ! I found this.

EDIT: sorry but this is for Se6 and doesn’t contain shifting linkage..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Can-Am-New-OEM-UFit-Spyder-F3-SE6-Brake-Linkage-1-Position-4-219400566-/193359007312?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0