PDA

View Full Version : Trying to locate a fuel door for '21 RTL - anyone help?

kdrewitt
04-22-2022, 06:39 PM
Hi, Need help trying to find a locking fuel door to install on my 21 RTL. I've searched the DIY forum and clicked on just about all of the linking trying to find a locking fuel door. The eBay and Amazon links are either "currently unavailable" or the link is no longer valid for the intended item. I've ordered one via Amazon and it was too big. I'm looking for a door that's 6 inches or less (outside diameter) (top to bottom). The doors I've seen on Amazon are either 6-1/2 inches or larger. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

fatboy
04-22-2022, 06:43 PM
just raise the seat

Motorcycledave
04-22-2022, 07:49 PM
Hi, Need help trying to find a locking fuel door to install on my 21 RTL. I've searched the DIY forum and clicked on just about all of the linking trying to find a locking fuel door. The eBay and Amazon links are either "currently unavailable" or the link is no longer valid for the intended item. I've ordered one via Amazon and it was too big. I'm looking for a door that's 6 inches or less (outside diameter) (top to bottom). The doors I've seen on Amazon are either 6-1/2 inches or larger. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi... I see you are new to the forum. I can help with the fuel door give me a call 209-887-3283 9:00AM to 8:00PM Pacific Time, I am in California
I will be glad to assist you

kdrewitt
04-23-2022, 08:12 AM
just raise the seat

There’s always one in the group…

fatboy
04-23-2022, 08:21 AM
that is why its a two piece seat

ButterSmooth
04-23-2022, 09:37 AM
It's difficult and messy to fill or top-up the tank from a fuel can with the seat raised. While a fuel door would be a nice solution, it seems that it may compromise the seat comfort. Eliminating the gas strut that limits the upward travel of the seat and using a link to prop the seat up in a higher position would improve fuel tank access and make it easier to access the rear suspension Schrader valve. One of these days...

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-23-2022, 12:10 PM
It's difficult and messy to fill or top-up the tank from a fuel can with the seat raised. While a fuel door would be a nice solution, it seems that it may compromise the seat comfort. Eliminating the gas strut that limits the upward travel of the seat and using a link to prop the seat up in a higher position would improve fuel tank access and make it easier to access the rear suspension Schrader valve. One of these days...

I put a gas door my 14 RT about 60,000mi. ago .... The only time I notice it ...is when I use it. Did you have one on your seat and then re-moved it ????? .... Mike :thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-23-2022, 12:12 PM

I just dealt with this topic with " Spyderweber3 " .... if you want I can send you all the PM's I had with Him ..... I used to buy & install them as a Vendor ..... Mike :thumbup:

ButterSmooth
04-23-2022, 12:20 PM
i put a gas door om 14 RT about 60,000mi. ago .... The only time I notice it ...is when I use it. Did you have one on your seat and then re-moved it ????? .... Mike :thumbup:

I've never seen one that fits a 2020RT. I just know that my leg rides on the portion of the front seat that is directly over the fuel cap.

Peteoz
04-23-2022, 06:11 PM
There’s always one in the group…

It’s a fair comment though, kdrewitt. Access to your fuel cap is protected by the lockable seat. Are you asking for a fuel door that you can insert into the side of your seat?……..because you don’t mention that in your question, which is why some confusion may arise.

Pete

george123
04-28-2022, 06:31 AM
I found a record of the fuel door that I ordered it for my 2016 RT. I bought it on eBay from vendor. streetrend
Description in listing:

For 88-00 Chevy/GMC CIO CK Truck/Suv Matte Aluminum Fuel Gas Door Cover w/Lock

This one has a lock, but I don't use it and it stays closed with out locking it.

kdrewitt
04-28-2022, 06:23 PM
thanks George, hopefully I can find it on eBay. I appreciate your time and effort!!

Revalden
05-16-2022, 07:29 PM
I just dealt with this topic with " Spyderweber3 " .... if you want I can send you all the PM's I had with Him ..... I used to buy & install them as a Vendor ..... Mike :thumbup:

I'd like your PMs on this subject also, if you don't mind. Thanks