PDA

View Full Version : Do Lamonster links need washers on Sway Bar kit?

Isopedella
04-14-2022, 03:29 PM
So I ordered a Baja Ron with link set bar kit for my F3 and it here.

Looking at the bits there don’t seem to be any of those washers I have read about.
The kit has Lamonster arms and possibly the spacers are already attached to the ball joint.
The instructions say to fit the washers (that I don’t have in the kit). Anybody help out?

Isopedella
04-14-2022, 03:41 PM
News flash.

I did send a query to Lamonster about this.
Got a reply in little over 1 hr. Just now after I posted this thread.

"You don't need the spacers with the Lamonster links"
Kinda figured that but was unsure, best to be correct I reckon.

So boys and girls there you have the answer.

Haha . What a learning these Spyders are for me.

Peacekeeper6
04-15-2022, 11:12 AM
So I ordered a Baja Ron with link set bar kit for my F3 and it here.

Looking at the bits there don’t seem to be any of those washers I have read about.
The kit has Lamonster arms and possibly the spacers are already attached to the ball joint.
The instructions say to fit the washers (that I don’t have in the kit). Anybody help out?

This is just another example of how Lamont improves a design and makes it better and easier to install.

I had "fun" installing those washers. (https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?129103-Peacekeeper6-Mod-Thread&p=1520254&viewfull=1#post1520254)

gkamer
04-15-2022, 06:21 PM
This is just another example of how Lamont improves a design and makes it better and easier to install.

I had "fun" installing those washers. (https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?129103-Peacekeeper6-Mod-Thread&p=1520254&viewfull=1#post1520254)

You an me both.... :)

arkyleo
04-16-2022, 08:06 AM
When I installed my links with spacers (BaJRon)--I put a small drop of super glue on the spacers to the links as advised by someone on this site--forgot who but it worked great and made for an easy install

BajaRon
04-16-2022, 10:32 AM
When I installed my links with spacers (BaJRon)--I put a small drop of super glue on the spacers to the links as advised by someone on this site--forgot who but it worked great and made for an easy install

The BajaRon links now come with a dowel that make install very easy. You pre-assemble the spacers on the dowel, move the link into place and push the dowel out with the bolt.

The Super Glue tip was included in the instructions from the beginning because this is the method we used until we got the dowels.