PDA

View Full Version : Do Passenger armrests lock in place for ryding?

Bunson
04-13-2022, 08:11 PM
I have a 2018 RTL. I haven't looked deeply but it seems that the armrests swing out of the way for mounting or getting off the bike. My question is when in place going down the road do they lock in place? In other words can the passenger lean against the armrest in the corners or will it just swing out?
Thanks

Peacekeeper6
04-13-2022, 10:24 PM
In my understanding, the ones from BRP swing UP, and they don’t lock in place. However, they do not swing OUT, keeping your passenger in place while cornering.

wmjweber45
04-13-2022, 10:26 PM
I have the BRP armrests on my 2019 F3L. They lock in place and are released with a lever. They only swing out a little, maybe 30 degrees. We don't bother as you don't really need them to move to get in and out.

sparky1947
06-16-2023, 08:29 PM
I bought a 2019 F3 Limited already equipped with these passenger arm rests. Like was stated they swing out about 30 degrees for passenger to get on but we don't use that feature, passenger just gets on first. My question is are there any bolt on cup holders, (or a good work around) for cup holder for these arm rests?? Thank you.

grumpyoldretiredcop
06-16-2023, 11:36 PM
sparky, if you look under the the front of right armrest, is there a RAM ball on yours? If so, there's endless possibilities for mounting cup holders... or anything else your passenger would like! Mine came with it but I'm not sure that they all do.

CopperSpyder
06-17-2023, 04:29 PM
I have a 2018 RTL. I haven't looked deeply but it seems that the armrests swing out of the way for mounting or getting off the bike. My question is when in place going down the road do they lock in place? In other words can the passenger lean against the armrest in the corners or will it just swing out?
Thanks

2010 - 2019 RTL Armrest

The BRP OEM arm rest move up and down, here is an installation video "click: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3jUMPBt1OY

There are also aftermarket armrest and they move in and out you can see an example here of one type of armrest and installation video on that page. "click: https://www.lamonstergarage.com/show-chrome-armrest-kit-can-am-spyder-rt/

Chasdog
06-18-2023, 10:32 AM
Just for clarification, armrests are different from each other depending on the models' year. We just traded our 2019 RTL in on a 2023 RTL. The armrests on the '19 didn’t swing out, only up. The armrests that fit the '23 are different and those made for the '19 will not fit the '23. The armrests for the '23 appear to swing out a bit. Probably won’t put armrests on the new one since my gf doesn’t like the looks or the way they work.