PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to keep Radio Display on screen instead of speedo?

rustin921
04-10-2022, 05:11 PM
I have a 2012 RTS, I was just wondering if there was a way to keep the radio display on the screen, instead of the Speedo display returning after the time has elapsed.

I tried searching the forums, didn’t see much.

Thanks in advance.

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-10-2022, 06:12 PM
I have a 2012 RTS, I was just wondering if there was a way to keep the radio display on the screen, instead of the Speedo display returning after the time has elapsed.

I tried searching the forums, didn’t see much.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think this is possible ..... having the SPEEDO on screen may be required by law ..... JMHO .... Mike :thumbup:

pegasus1300
04-10-2022, 09:43 PM
I agree with Mike I don't think it is possible. I also don't remember anyone asking this before. I know I have never wanted to have anything but the Speedometer showing for more than a few seconds. I will have to look in my owner's manual to see what, if anything, is there.

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-10-2022, 10:47 PM
Most important audio info is shown in smaller type on the speedo screen.

Bfromla
04-11-2022, 02:42 AM
:agree: Can enable digital rpm or audio information. Will not display track name just connected to iPod believe does show Radio station frequency, Not much else. :dontknow: & has a tendency to disable itself if start up procedure is rushed. Incomplete boot up screen. Have to go back to settings & enable while sitting- will not allow in motion.

safecracker
04-11-2022, 02:40 PM
Since, you have a 2012, you can see the channel and the rpm's. You have to go into the menu and program them. Does not show the number/position that you're station's are saved at. Bruce

LongIsland
04-11-2022, 03:06 PM
In 2013, I asked a BRP rep that very question at BRP's Maggie Valley rally (the last BRP rally in US). The answer was no for safety reasons. I said so why do I need an analog and digital display of speed and cars always display the radio full time. He had no further comment.

rustin921
04-11-2022, 06:36 PM
Thanks for all the answers, it was just as I thought, “Safety Reasons.”

sledge
04-11-2022, 07:44 PM
I have a 2011 Spyder RTS , and yes , I keep mine set , to show the the stereo things , or whatever you have the settings on . on mine anyway.

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-11-2022, 09:56 PM
I have a 2011 Spyder RTS , and yes , I keep mine set , to show the the stereo things , or whatever you have the settings on . on mine anyway.

What the OP wanted .... was to have the Radio Station as the predominant thing on the Instrument panel ..... it can be done, however it will never stay that way because the Speed numbers will automatically replace it ..... Mike :thumbup: