PDA

View Full Version : Monster Fuel Injection ECU enhancement

bikerchris1270
04-09-2022, 02:45 PM

I purchased and installed the Stage 1 ECU enhancement firmware using the MyGenius tool.
After a roadtest, I am impressed with the results, no start up safety review warning anymore, drive ability has improved, hesitation on accel is gone, off idle acceleration scared me at first….more responsive…...engine runs smoother”….doesn’t feel like it’s fighting retarded spark timing.. All n all…….It was worth the $$$. Intimidating at first to be using the electronic gadgetry, but, this old fart figured it out.
I wanted to still be able to use regular octane in emergency situations, stage 1 is fine for me.
www.monsterfuelinjection.com
Update of fuel mileage: 6/3/2022. My fuel mileage pulling a trailer at 65mph is 33mpg.

2dogs
04-09-2022, 06:41 PM
I went with stage 2 and I carry a small bottle of Boostane with me should I not find 91 fuel. Stage 2 is impressive. Just don't grab a lot of throttle unless you are headed in a straight line.

Peteoz
04-09-2022, 06:43 PM
Bikerchris, glad to hear it’s working well. I may still go down that route, even though I currently have a Pedal Commander.

Just an aside, for those ‘20+ owners who aren’t aware……you do not have to wait for the safety warning to come up before you press the mode button. Turn on your key, press the mode button, start. :thumbup:

Pete

Bartender
04-09-2022, 07:00 PM
I also went to Stage II, because I saw comments on this forum where others indicated that they went to Stage I and then sent the ECU in to change to Stage II. I also carry enough BoostTane for four full tanks of 87 gas to get it to 93, since I ride in rural Arkansas frequently and with some frequency find nothing but 87 available. No big deal. Very happy with the change in the bike. Thinking about adding a peddle box from LaMonster but probably will not do that. The Stage II really wakes up the Spyder. No complaints. Very happy with the change.

blacklightning
04-10-2022, 06:28 PM
I have added the pedal commander and still on the fence about adding anything else. I feel like i would need to do the cat delete in order to get the most out of the ECU enhancement. And for now, I am liking the less noise that I get with running the cats. Yes, I liked the lost weight with the cat delete, but the quieter exhaust tone sure is nice.

Piratezz
04-11-2022, 01:00 AM
Blacklightning, I run a RLS catdelete, with Original exhaust, and it's not much louder as stock, just a more deeper rumble, imho it makes the bike run smoother also.

Bottomline2000
08-05-2022, 02:01 AM
I have the stage II tune on my spyder and wondering if anyone has added a pedal box as well. My throttle is pretty snappy, but I'm wondering if there is more to be had or is the Monster tune giving us linear throttle as it is. I notice it's fairly aggressive off the line and tapers slightly and gets. It's in no way slow compared to stock, but wondering if the PB is worth adding..

2dogs
08-05-2022, 03:47 PM
I have the stage II tune on my spyder and wondering if anyone has added a pedal box as well. My throttle is pretty snappy, but I'm wondering if there is more to be had or is the Monster tune giving us linear throttle as it is. I notice it's fairly aggressive off the line and tapers slightly and gets. It's in no way slow compared to stock, but wondering if the PB is worth adding..

I don't think so. Right now you're pretty darn quick. Quicker than most anyway.

rjinaz86323
08-05-2022, 05:58 PM
Just an aside, for those ‘20+ owners who aren’t aware……you do not have to wait for the safety warning to come up before you press the mode button. Turn on your key, press the mode button, start. :thumbup:

Pete.

My 2018 is like that

Peter Aawen
08-05-2022, 07:09 PM

I dunno about the ECU Upgrades you lot are getting over there, but when I got my upgrade here in Oz, the tuner did all that I wanted as far as 'Pedalbox' type enhancement stuff is applicable to; so as far as I'm concerned, I've got it all, just as good if not better than running an extra plug in PedalBox module, except that I can't turn it off.... but why would I want to?? :banghead: . With my Upgraded ECU, I get all the enhanced performance capabilities AND the throttle response benefits that I wanted, and if/when I can resist the temptation of wringing it out all the time & experiencing the pure joy that brings, I even get significantly better fuel economy at 'normal cruise' or 'in-town riding' than I ever got before! :ohyea:

So I'd really question why you think it'd be of any benefit to add a PedalBox too.... or aren't the ECU Upgrades you get over there as comprehensive as the one I had done here in Oz?? :dontknow: . I know there are people here in Oz who have 'somewhat less' of an Upgrade than what I got, maybe yours are similar - & you don't get it unless you ask for it?!? :rolleyes:

svspyder
08-05-2022, 07:33 PM

I purchased and installed the Stage 1 ECU enhancement firmware using the MyGenius tool.
After a roadtest, I am impressed with the results, no start up safety review warning anymore, drive ability has improved, hesitation on accel is gone, off idle acceleration scared me at first….more responsive…...engine runs smoother”….doesn’t feel like it’s fighting retarded spark timing.. All n all…….It was worth the $$$. Intimidating at first to be using the electronic gadgetry, but, this old fart figured it out.
I wanted to still be able to use regular octane in emergency situations, stage 1 is fine for me.
www.monsterfuelinjection.com
Update of fuel mileage: 6/3/2022. My fuel mileage pulling a trailer at 65mph is 33mpg.

Is the My Genius tool something that gets the ECU to stage 1 without having to pull the ECU and send it off for re-programming? Thanks

2dogs
08-06-2022, 02:08 PM
I think so, but I'd call them and confirm. Their online info leaves me with some questions about the tuner. It appears, to me, that the tuner may come with multiple upgrades you may have to pay extra for. Not really sure, but it would pay to ask.

PaladinLV
08-06-2022, 04:19 PM
Correct!
You program it thru your PC, then configures ECU via the port in the Frunk.

AJ

Rednaxs60
08-07-2022, 09:54 AM
I contacted Monster about the MyGenius and was informed that it will not work on my 2014 RTL.

Davgill2002
12-19-2023, 02:31 PM
I have had two stage 1 tunes and the Pedal Commander made a noticeable improvement in response. I am now ordering a stage 2 and will keep the Pedal Commander.