PDA

View Full Version : What CB Radio for 2020 RT Ltd?

bfuller9999
04-05-2022, 03:51 PM
Lookin for CB unit for 2016 rt limited. Cannot locate one ANYWHERE. BRP no longer carries a part # for it. Any help or units out there for sale (new or used) would be appreciated.

bfuller9999
04-05-2022, 04:05 PM
Lookin for CB unit for 2016 rt limited. Cannot locate one ANYWHERE. BRP no longer carries a part # for it. Any help or units out there for sale (new or used) would be appreciated.

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-05-2022, 04:12 PM
Lookin for CB unit for 2020 rt limited. Cannot locate one ANYWHERE. BRP no longer carries a part # for it. Any help or units out there for sale (new or used) would be appreciated.

There is NO BRP CB option available from 2018 on. Your best bet is a J&M Electronics unit mounted on the handlebar. They supposedly have a Bluetooth adapter available for it but it's not in their published product list. Your other choice is a handheld like one from Midland connected to your BT helmet headset using the Sena SR10 adapter.

Do an advanced search for "CB radio" and the user name of Flamewinger to learn what one owner has done.

Ex-Rocket
04-05-2022, 04:22 PM
It seems I remember a fellow Spyder owner had a new one for sale in the "for sale by owner section. Don't know if it's compatable to your Spyder though.

Peter Aawen
04-05-2022, 04:30 PM
It seems I remember a fellow Spyder owner had a new one for sale in the "for sale by owner section. Don't know if it's compatable to your Spyder though.

This'll be that advert: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?142595-BRP-CB-Kit-New-in-the-Boxes

Knizar
04-05-2022, 04:33 PM
Lookin for CB unit for 2020 rt limited. Cannot locate one ANYWHERE. BRP no longer carries a part # for it. Any help or units out there for sale (new or used) would be appreciated.

Check with "Little Blue" the weather man!

fatboy
04-05-2022, 04:46 PM
not for use on new model

Bartender
04-05-2022, 07:03 PM
I have a 2019 RTL and if I could have found the unit could have installed the factory unit but because of all the criticism of the factory intercom I opted to avoid the factory unit entirely. I didn't want a handheld unit rigged to work and had experience with J&M CB 2003 and there is a blue tooth dongle available for it. I bought the blue tooth from Sierra Electronics and it is a J&M factory unit. I use my phone for gps and music and it connects through the blue tooth unit. Om the rare occasions that I have used it to talk on the phone the other parties say I am loud and clear and cannot tell I on on the road. I can initiate and receive phone calls and it works flawlessly. Made my own handlebar bracket and mounted the antenna in the left hand antenna plug. Very happy with how the unit works and talks. The only downside is that initiating calls is a little awkward. Hey Siri does not work through this connection. Also, you may have to search for a new CB unit as I believe that J&M has discontinued the CB unit.

Flamewinger
04-05-2022, 08:01 PM
On my 2018 RT and 2021 F3 I use a Midland 75-822 mounted to the center of the handlebars. I use the Sena SR10 BT adapter with PTT extension button. My setup is using the built in antenna and it's powered by a 12v USB power setup from SlingMods or Spyderpops or LaMonster garage.

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-05-2022, 08:02 PM
This'll be that advert: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?142595-BRP-CB-Kit-New-in-the-Boxes

Won't work with the new cluster design from 2018 on.

Peter Aawen
04-05-2022, 08:07 PM
Won't work with the new cluster design from 2018 on.

As Little Blue mentions in the advert... ;) . And it is the advert Ex-Rocket mentioned & also thought might not be compatible. :thumbup:

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-05-2022, 08:16 PM
Also, you may have to search for a new CB unit as I believe that J&M has discontinued the CB unit.
It certainly looks like that is the case. Too bad. New is not always better than old. IMO Bluetooth won't totally displace CB until it has a long range, reliable group communication, and superb compatibility between brands, all of which have been the strong points of CB for over 50 years!

Flamewinger
04-05-2022, 11:03 PM
It certainly looks like that is the case. Too bad. New is not always better than old. IMO Bluetooth won't totally displace CB until it has a long range, reliable group communication, and superb compatibility between brands, all of which have been the strong points of CB for over 50 years!

There seems to be a law regarding DMA best practice guidelines in the EU preventing bluetooth mesh communication between different brand headsets. It's being worked on but until then we're stuck with what we have.

Jackhartjr
04-06-2022, 08:14 AM
I'm a truck driver. With no more use nowadays that I see, I'm not sure it's worth having a CB.

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-06-2022, 08:50 AM
I'm a truck driver. With no more use nowadays that I see, I'm not sure it's worth having a CB.

Displaced by cell phones?

Motorcycledave
04-06-2022, 11:41 AM
I have what you need to put a CB on your Spyder
I have many customers right here on Spyder Lovers who have the CB
on theirs, you can get everything for around $350 AND it's bluetooth to
your helmet..
Call me 209-9887-3283 9:00AM to 8:00PM Pacific time daily