PDA

View Full Version : What does it take to Remove the Dealer Decals on my F3?

GRHorst
04-02-2022, 04:32 PM
I would rather not have the dealer decal on my F3. There are 4 of them and, no offense or disrespect to the dealer, but I don't want them on my bike.

Do you have any experience in removing one of these decals? Can they just be pulled off? Is there sticky goo underneath that has to be removed? With what? Will pulling them off harm the finish/paint? Thanks for any help!

Little Blue
04-02-2022, 04:48 PM
:chat:...Four Decals, did they charge you for them?
Or did you get a bigger discount on your Spyder?

Anyhow be careful when you try and remove the decals.
Sometimes they come off and some are a real pain.
Slowly peel off and see what happens. I have used a very little rubbing alcohol to help.

Good Luck on Your Mission. .....:thumbup:

pegasus1300
04-02-2022, 04:59 PM
Goo Gone will soften the glue and allow you to pull them off without any damage.

Isopedella
04-02-2022, 05:04 PM
Gentle heat from a heat gun maybe.

DriftersWay
04-02-2022, 05:19 PM
Use a hair dryer to heat them up. Then pull gently.
Alcohol will clean up what is left.

bigbadbrucie
04-02-2022, 07:53 PM
Use a hair dryer to heat them up. Then pull gently.
Alcohol will clean up what is left.

That’s what I used on my RTS....I’ve also removed dealer decals from my car this way. Worked for me!

Grayfox
04-02-2022, 08:45 PM
W D 40 works

Bfromla
04-03-2022, 01:32 AM
+1 hair dryer -gently heat to remove & rubbing alcohol clean up:thumbup: Fingernail or credit card /driver’s license type to lift the corners preferably no blades can gouge/cut the tupperware :lecturef_smilie:

CloverHillCrawler
04-03-2022, 03:16 AM
+1 on the hair dryer and goo gone. But quite frankly If a dealer presented me my Spyder with a Decal in that location on the front I would say where is my Spyder at because this one is yours seeing as it has your name all over it.

Azbronco
04-03-2022, 03:40 AM
I used a hair dryer to take one off my car. I told my dealer I didn’t want it, so they gave me a discount for the advertising if I kept it. I accepted the discount then removed it as soon as I got home.

fredgal
04-03-2022, 04:37 AM
very bad that a dealer would do that do your machine, i would have been pissed off, big time

obiwanbill
04-03-2022, 05:33 AM
found a small bottle of Goo Gone with a small plastic "shoe horned" shaped "scrapper at Walmart. Put on 1 coat of goo and 2 of 4 came off. Put another coat on the last 2 stubborn decals and all came off, didn't damage the paint at all.

Big F
04-03-2022, 09:12 AM
there are two options for dealer decals. either demand an ongoing advertising stipend from the dealer for advertising for them (and they won't?) OR have the dealer remove the decals. If they damage the finish they will have to repaint the entire area/bike..
BIG F

troop
04-03-2022, 09:27 AM
Another vote for using a hair dryer. You can easily melt your plastic with a heat gun. They get HOT.

GRHorst
04-03-2022, 09:38 AM
Thanks for all the help / suggestions. I used a small amount of heat from a hair dryer and they all pulled off quite easily with no sticky residue left behind. :2thumbs:

Motorcycledave
04-03-2022, 02:49 PM
+1 on the hair dryer and goo gone. But quite frankly If a dealer presented me my Spyder with a Decal in that location on the front I would say where is my Spyder at because this one is yours seeing as it has your name all over it.
I have done that when buying a new car.... the dealer had drilled holes in the trunk lid and put a metal dealer logo on the back the holes were for 3 screws sticking out the back of the logo and they put a flat washer and a lock nut on it inside the trunk lid. I refused delivery unless they replaced the trunk lid, they were not happy about that. They pulled another car just like it same color and removed the trunk lids and switched them....

GrampaEJ
04-03-2022, 03:11 PM
Secret to not leaving glue residue, is to pull SLOWLY.
Former body shop employee. Trust me.

FrogmanDave
04-04-2022, 01:35 PM
As you are already done this won't matter. You can just peel them off. Orange oil is the best at removing residue and not harming the paint.