PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get a Laser Alignment in NorCal or Nevada?

Haze
04-01-2022, 01:24 PM
Where can I get a Laser Alignment in Northern Nevada
or Northern California ??

I called 5 dealers listed on the Rolo Website including 2 dealers
offering demos of the new Spyders later this summer. No luck.

Squared Away was recommended but they are busy running demos and can't perform the alignment.

Are there any independent mechanics that can do a laser alignment?

TIA. David C.

RICZ
04-01-2022, 01:50 PM
Look up Squared Away in Nevada. Very knowledgeable husband and wife team that does it for less than dealers.

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-01-2022, 01:53 PM
Where can I get a Laser Alignment in Northern Nevada
or Northern California ??

I called 5 dealers listed on the Rolo Website including 2 dealers
offering demos of the new Spyders later this summer. No luck.

Squared Away was recommended but they are busy running demos and can't perform the alignment.

Are there any independent mechanics that can do a laser alignment?

TIA. David C.

I'm sure you could find a mechanic that can do it .... but not likely, ..... and they probably wouldn't have the Rolo system ..... good luck .... Unless your Spyder is doing REALLY doing strange things .... the worst thing you will eventually notice is abnormal tire wear .... probably the outside tire edges .... one or both .... I'm sure there are thousands of Spyders that will never get an alignment of ANY type .... Mike :thumbup:

2dogs
04-01-2022, 03:14 PM
Try one of these two places.

ELK GROVE POWER SPORTS, INC.
BRP Platinum Certified
10297 E. STOCKTON BLVD.
ELK GROVE, CA, 95624-9711
916-714-7223
Showroom - Open, Closes at 6:00 PM

ROSEVILLE POWERSPORTS
BRP Platinum Certified
360 NORTH SUNRISE AVE. SUITE 100
ROSEVILLE, CA, 95661-3025
916-784-2500
Showroom - Open, Closes at 6:00 PM

Service - Open, Closes at 5:30 PM

Haze
04-06-2022, 12:41 PM
Thanks to all for the suggestions.
I've called them all and no luck except one dealer that wanted 2 hrs and $350 to let his tech practice alignments.
Looks like I will wait until Joe and Anne are back in Vegas.
Cheers, David C.

hypurone
04-06-2022, 01:37 PM
I've called them all and no luck except one dealer that wanted 2 hrs and $350 to let his tech practice alignments.
Cheers, David C.

Hmmm, that's odd. I had mine done at EGPS while I waited! Granted this was awhile ago but they are a VERY BIG dealer and I would be stunned if they stopped doing the alignments!

QuadRAGIN
04-06-2022, 02:00 PM
I'm sure you could find a mechanic that can do it .... but not likely, ..... and they probably wouldn't have the Rolo system ..... good luck .... Unless your Spyder is doing REALLY doing strange things .... the worst thing you will eventually notice is abnormal tire wear .... probably the outside tire edges .... one or both .... I'm sure there are thousands of Spyders that will never get an alignment of ANY type .... Mike :thumbup:

Ya Ive been trying to purchase the Rolo System all week...

jma57
04-21-2022, 09:44 AM
While on the subject: does anyone know if any vendor will be at Leesburg Bikefest to do alignments?
It runs from today till Sunday.
Thanks.

Lew L
04-21-2022, 10:49 AM

Shoot Dave,
Maybe we could cobble together a couple of laser levels, some straight wood, and a measuring tape..........

Haze
04-21-2022, 05:16 PM

Shoot Dave,
Maybe we could cobble together a couple of laser levels, some straight wood, and a measuring tape..........

I like the way you think. I have been working on a couple of lasers and watching YouTube. There is a very good write up by the Aussie Spyder group that I found online. When it warms up again and I can arrange space in the garage I may attempt a rudimentary alignment.
Cheers, David C.

mecsw500
04-24-2022, 05:47 PM
I cobbled together a system using my rifle bore sight lasers and marks on the garage wall to check to see if I had any toe in, which gladly it seems I do. However, it did not tell me of course how that aligned each side relative to the rear wheel which I think is probably of equal importance. I think the first thing would have to be discovering how the rear wheel is aligned to the chassis, which probably depends somewhat upon the belt and swing arm alignment which might well not be very exact. Aligning the front wheels to each other might be relatively straight forward, but aligning them equally each side to the rear wheel is probably rather more difficult, especially as the rear wheel is not easy to get at and hence to figure out its actual trajectory to within a degree or so. Then there is the issue of how you modify your settings with or without rider weight, and for LTD's and Sea-to-Sky's where the rear suspension has the ride height set to.

I would worry that adjusting things without a properly accurate system might make things worse rather than better. In addition, I think it is probably not just the jig but having to incorporate a fair amount of expert experience as how to balance all these competing inputs in order to get the best subsequent setup. I was going to try to set up my Spyder based on my Heath-Robinson jig, but the more I thought about all the questions I couldn't answer the less I thought doing it was a good idea. As it appeared to ride alright, I decided to leave it alone until I was able to get an expert to do the job.

However, I'd love to know how you guys get on as I might be seriously over thinking this as I tend to do that. I just worried if I get it wrong I don't think the local dealers here are equipped well enough to get it right again for me.

Haze
04-24-2022, 09:21 PM
Will keep you posted.

Lew L
04-24-2022, 09:33 PM
Will keep you posted.

Hi Dave, Great ryde today.

I have garage space. Lew

PaladinLV
04-24-2022, 11:46 PM
Cheers, David C.

I was going to recommend that myself, then I saw this.
You will NOT regret it and I say this with a without prejudice even though we are "somewhat" neighbors! :yes:

AJ