PDA

View Full Version : Who will mount my Vredesteins in Central Jersey?

adipaola
03-26-2022, 08:51 PM
Greetings. My first posting.

I just got a 2015 F3-S with only 3700 miles. (4400 now)
I'm having fun finding all the maintenance info and mods described here.

I've changed oil, filter, coolant, debating taking to dealer for brake flush.
Added Two Brothers can, no cat. (wear ear plugs)
Want to do sway bar but paranoid about getting it 2 feet in the air.
Lusting for a set of Elka's.

I have Vredestein Quatracs for the front and cannot find anyone willing to mount them.
Please, any pointers to shops willing to do it appreciated.
I would like to keep the trip under 100 miles each way.

Thanks in advance,

Tony DiPaola
Hillsborough, NJ 08844

Navydad
03-27-2022, 08:49 AM
Here where I live in southern Ohio any auto tire shop will do it if you have the wheels off the bike. A lot of motorcycle dealers will refuse to do it so an auto shop is the next best bet.

Snakeyes
03-27-2022, 09:20 AM
Same here in PA - brought wheels and new tires to United Tire & Service and they put on my Vredesteins in about 20 minutes for less than $30.

honsfun
03-27-2022, 10:33 AM
Netzley Tire
2 Cherry Hill Rd Accord, NY 12404 Call Derick He will install tires install sway bar and do wheel alignment. Nice day ride up and back. I am in Jamesburg central NJ and have done it a few times. Good luck Howie

adipaola
03-27-2022, 05:06 PM
I like the sound of Netzley Tire.
I guess I can strap the tires and the sway bar box to the passenger grab rails and take a ride.

Thanks for the advice!

Tec35
04-03-2022, 08:16 AM
I live in RI but I am in the process of ordering a Tire from Tirerack. There is a section on Tirerack's website to look up shops. I called a few shops in my area, they will mount the tires but I have to take the tires off the spyder and bring them just the rim and tire. I chose to ship the tire to my house instead of shipping to shop. Good luck!

RayBJ
04-03-2022, 09:43 AM
Netzley is an excellent choice. Note that they are set back in the woods ~100ft off the road and the driveway is difficult to find. Don't get discouraged in your hunt!
Like Honsfun, I think it's worth the day trip. Call before you head up there.

gkamer
04-03-2022, 09:45 AM
Greetings.

I have Vredestein Quatracs for the front and cannot find anyone willing to mount them.
Please, any pointers to shops willing to do it appreciated.
I would like to keep the trip under 100 miles each way.

Thanks in advance,

Tony DiPaola
Hillsborough, NJ 08844

I think your best bet will be to take the tires/wheels off the bike and run them to a local tire shop to have them mounted. Most, if not all Can Am dealers are notorious for not wanting to install anything but stock Kendas on the bikes.

adipaola
04-03-2022, 09:52 AM
I spoke with Derick on the phone.
I can UPS the tires and ride up on a weekend by appointment.

When I google-mapped the address the street view was the woods!
I was wondering about that. Thanks for pointing out the remoteness of the location.

gkamer
04-03-2022, 09:57 AM

I was wondering about that. Thanks for pointing out the remoteness of the location.

If it hasn't already been done, and it's within your budget at the moment, I would throw in the Baja Ron sway bar install at the same time. Kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

RayBJ
04-03-2022, 10:05 AM
If it hasn't already been done, and it's within your budget at the moment, I would throw in the Baja Ron sway bar install at the same time. Kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

ALIGNMENT too!

Trbayth
04-04-2022, 09:01 AM

It's also a rocky, gravel driveway on an incline. Go slow or you'll spin the rear tire.

adipaola
04-05-2022, 02:37 PM
Derick gave a quote for the mount/balance, swaybar install and laser alignment.
Not sure how soon I'll get up there, but it's gonna happen.