PDA

View Full Version : Ordered Toyo Proxes T1R Rear Tire

mike3069
10-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Well, after riding the Smokeys for a week, my rear tire is down past the wear bars in the center. Only got ~7k miles out of this one, over 12k on the first one :dontknow:.

I just ordered the Toyo T1R that Lamonster has on his online for $143.50 delivered and some more Ride-On. About the same price as the factory tire for a true performance tire.

I'll keep ya posted on my impressions when I get it installed.

Firefly
10-05-2009, 08:41 AM
Well, after riding the Smokeys for a week, my rear tire is down past the wear bars in the center. Only got ~7k miles out of this one, over 12k on the first one :dontknow:.

I just ordered the Toyo T1R that Lamonster has on his online for $143.50 delivered and some more Ride-On. About the same price as the factory tire for a true performance tire.

What makes this tire a 'true performance tire' ?
What makes the OEM tire not a 'true performance tire' ???

How will this tire perform better?

Are you basing 'performance' on how long the tire lasts?
I would think a 'true performance' tire wouldn't last as long--- softer rubber wears quicker--- but grips better.:dontknow:

I get around 7-8K out of an OEM rear tire.

BLACK WIDOW
10-05-2009, 03:01 PM
What makes the OEM tire not a 'true performance tire' ???

How will this tire perform better?

Are you basing 'performance' on how long the tire lasts?
I would think a 'true performance' tire wouldn't last as long--- softer rubber wears quicker--- but grips better.:dontknow:

I get around 7-8K out of an OEM rear tire.

T1R--Just sounds like performance; :DPlus it has cool looking tread.:yes: BTW: I ordered one too.:thumbup:

Michael:doorag:

tatt2r
10-05-2009, 03:11 PM

got the same tire :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

mike3069
10-06-2009, 02:13 PM

http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/proxes-t1r

Firefly
10-06-2009, 02:41 PM
http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/proxes-t1r

Thanks for the info---- will have to find the specs on the OEM tire and compare to see what the differences are.

BLACK WIDOW
10-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the info---- will have to find the specs on the OEM tire and compare to see what the differences are.

If you find those specs please post. I have never been able to find much about the OEM tire (except the price).nojoke

:doorag:Michael

COOLMACHINE
10-06-2009, 05:07 PM
What was the brand of the 2nd tire you had on your machine?
And yes, keep us posted please.

mike3069
10-06-2009, 06:13 PM
1st & 2nd were both the stock tire.