PDA

View Full Version : Testing testing - Tackform mount

Motorcycledave
03-10-2022, 12:33 PM
Testing out the Tackform mount
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw65sdcKYJo

2dogs
03-10-2022, 01:33 PM
Got the original style right after they came out. Over 5k miles and still holding strong. One of my better purchases.

oldguyinTX
03-10-2022, 05:13 PM
I have one too, works great and I really like it. Thank you Dave! Must say though, the guy in the video seems to be somewhat of a dope.

FrogmanDave
03-10-2022, 08:19 PM
Must say though, the guy in the video seems to be somewhat of a dope.
Yeah I think I would have picked a little shorter video. This one is about 16 minutes too long. Looks like a good product though.

pieman9155
03-11-2022, 06:21 AM
10000 here love it still good

bikerbillone
03-11-2022, 06:58 AM
Frogman, my thoughts exactly. Went there thinking there would be a neat short install on the Spyder.

Bangorbob
03-11-2022, 10:22 AM
The title reminded me of the stuff coming over the 1 MC. Phone mount is great!

CloverHillCrawler
03-11-2022, 10:53 AM
I bought one from Dave last year and had an accident with the phone mounted in the horizontal position.

I was thrown over the handlebars and into a curb when a cage ran me off the road. My phone was still in the tackform mount and I was able to call for help. (Sena 50r also sold to me by Dave)

Cant say enough good things about this mount.

Motorcycledave
03-11-2022, 01:30 PM
I found this video on youtube while looking for something else,
however it is way to long but the information is very good
The TackForm mounts are the number #1mount world wide I am
proud to be the distributor for them.
Dave

2dogs
03-11-2022, 01:30 PM
I bought one from Dave last year and had an accident with the phone mounted in the horizontal position.

I was thrown over the handlebars and into a curb when a cage ran me off the road. My phone was still in the tackform mount and I was able to call for help. (Sena 50r also sold to me by Dave)

Cant say enough good things about this mount.

Thanks again for the post. I've always wondered how the phone and holder would fair in an accident. I keep my clamp on the center mount semi tight just for that purpose. If a crash were to occure I would hope the phone holder would fold down and not allow the phone to become damaged rendering it useless.

CloverHillCrawler
03-11-2022, 03:10 PM
Thanks again for the post. I've always wondered how the phone and holder would fair in an accident. I keep my clamp on the center mount semi tight just for that purpose. If a crash were to occure I would hope the phone holder would fold down and not allow the phone to become damaged rendering it useless.

It held up great and when there was talk about totaling the crawler I went down and made sure to get it off the bike. Luckily I was able to get a reframe done and didn't lose anything. As soon as I got it back from the reframe I added it back on and ran a rapid charging usb-c cable to it so I can stay fully charged on long rides or charge my helmet while not riding with an extension cable from it.

VegasDan
03-11-2022, 03:35 PM
I ordered my Tackform holder yesterday.
But why I enjoyed the video was the guy has the same phone I do - the overly large LG G6 dual screen - now I know it will fit in the holder.
But I did buy an Otterbox so I could pull out the phone individually and use it on the bike as well.

bikerbillone
03-11-2022, 03:36 PM
BangorBob, "now hear this", that 1MC brings back memories on that frikkin DD.

kroache
03-11-2022, 06:12 PM
I have one of these mounts on my Spyder and was so impressed I bought a second one for my Indian Roadmaster. No regrets at all....very solid product. They include the rubber holder that wraps around the phone for added security but I cannot imagine why you would ever need to use it. Your phone ain't moving in this thing lol.

Don60
03-11-2022, 08:33 PM
Nice! Ordered one today. Will mount mine in similar way, I have a 2021 RTL.

bikerbillone
03-12-2022, 07:43 AM
How much for these TackForm's for the Spyder?

RapidSpyder
03-12-2022, 10:47 AM
Mine mounted on a Spyder cuff.

Bangorbob
03-12-2022, 11:29 AM
BangorBob, "now hear this", that 1MC brings back memories on that frikkin DD.

Never liked getting yelled on on the 5mc (carrier flight deck system). Anyway here is a picture of my Tackform. It's great.

Motorcycledave
03-12-2022, 12:32 PM
How much for these TackForm's for the Spyder?

Depends on what one you order CALL ME for your discount price.
209-887-3283
9:00AM to 8:00PM Pacific Time
194922 194923

bobfizz16
05-05-2022, 12:02 PM
Never liked getting yelled on on the 5mc (carrier flight deck system). Anyway here is a picture of my Tackform. It's great.

Any issues with Vibration causing damage to the camera on the phone? I know it's a big issue on some motorcycles, anyone know if the same issue relates to the Spyder? Also is it better to mount on the center or the handle bar in your opinion to reduce potential issues?

Motorcycledave
05-05-2022, 01:47 PM
Any issues with Vibration causing damage to the camera on the phone? I know it's a big issue on some motorcycles, anyone know if the same issue relates to the Spyder? Also is it better to mount on the center or the handle bar in your opinion to reduce potential issues?

As far as I know only the PLASTIC mounts vibrate enough to mess with your phone camera the TackForm units are NOT PLASTIC
they are made of billet aluminum then machined and anodized or powder coated. They are by far the best device holders on the market.

troop
05-05-2022, 01:57 PM
I have this Tackform mount and really like it. That said, Tackform DOES put a note from Apple on this product's page re: iphones. I have an Android and no issues over a couple seasons of use.
https://www.tackform.com/products/tackform-enduro-phone-cradle-holder-for-1-inch-ball

RickWB
05-05-2022, 07:02 PM
I have an Iphone 12, plus the Tackform. I was aware of Apple’s comments on vibration, but have not experienced any issues with my phone’s camera. I recently bought a Garmin Zumo XT, which will interface with my Iphone and my comms. I went for a ride last week with phone in my jacket pocket and bluetooth signal with my devices.

Bangorbob
05-06-2022, 09:24 AM
I bought one from Dave and installed on my 16 RTS holding my Samsung. No vibration at all. I can actually read the screen - if I were to look down instead of paying attention to where I was going. I will be calling Dave today as I need one for my 2021 Honda Rebel 1100.

Bob