PDA

View Full Version : Back Rest Pouch too small - any suggestions?

bikerbillone
03-06-2022, 08:30 AM
I have an aftermarket back rest pouch way too small for any storage at all for the passenger. Any suggestions?

LongIsland
03-06-2022, 09:07 AM
I have one as well, never used it. However, one could keep small items in it like registration, insurance card, a bit of cash for emergency, keys (I keep my Spyder key separate, so house key would work then no registration or ins. card in it), lip balm, a folded map, etc.

pegasus1300
03-06-2022, 01:01 PM
Bill do you know someone who sewes or is there an upholsterer near you? If so take it to them and ask them if they will make you one like yours only bigger.

Scotts8826
03-06-2022, 08:22 PM
What is your passenger wanting to store? My wife can keep lip balm, comb, etc. in the back pouch. On my 2013 RT-S I had arm rests for her which I was able to attach a small, leather bag to which she could keep her sunglasses and a few other things in.

MONK
03-06-2022, 09:14 PM
I've got the pouch for my Utopia backrest. It's big enough to fit everything I could think a passenger might need quickly but it's attached with Velcro. I'd be afraid to put anything heavy in it and there's no way I'd put anything in there that was mission critical (i.e. keys, cash, registration, etc) in case it accidentally gets pulled loose.

bikerbillone
03-07-2022, 06:52 AM
Was saving that as a last resort, looks like I'm heading in that direction, thanks Paul.

bikerbillone
03-07-2022, 06:55 AM
Thanks Monk not a bad idea, I'll head over to the Utopia web site and see if I can find something.

bikerbillone
03-07-2022, 06:57 AM
I was thinking about something I could hand from an arm rest, but I see nothing out there.

Little Blue
03-07-2022, 07:07 AM
:chat:... Maybe a Vendor will chime in here on this one.

Attention Vendor's do you have or know of anyone who might be able to help?
See Post #1 for more details.

Thanks in Advance. ......:thumbup:

bikerbillone
03-07-2022, 09:23 AM
Thanks Blue

pegasus1300
03-07-2022, 09:30 AM
If you are looking for something to hang from the armrests, didn't some of the Goldwing accessory houses make such a thing. You are an old Golwing guy, look there if you haven't already. Last resort when you have the larger bag made have straps added for the arm rests Btw how you all doing?

Scotts8826
03-07-2022, 09:44 AM
Here is a picture that shows the leather pouch my pillion uses. If the pouch behind the backrest gets too big it may interfere with the space allowed for the passenger. I think I bought the pouch at Cycle Gear but I would imagine other motorcycle dealers have something comparable.

bikerbillone
03-07-2022, 10:06 AM
If you are looking for something to hang from the armrests, didn't some of the Goldwing accessory houses make such a thing. You are an old Golwing guy, look there if you haven't already. Last resort when you have the larger bag made have straps added for the arm rests Btw how you all doing?

Had not thought about the GW search, I'll take a look. Paul, Millie and I are doing great just made a move to a fun place, life is good, thanks for asking,. The world is a mess, but but hopefully it won't last, meanwhile we do the best we can.

Navydad
03-07-2022, 10:11 AM
Rapid Transit pouches. I put these around the grab handles or you could mount them to an armrest. They tuck in nicely between the seat and the grab handle and swing out for entry. My wife loves em. She can destroy an anvil with a pop bottle so the fact that these bags have been on the RT for over 30,000 miles says alot about the quality.:thumbup:

194870 194871

Quickdraw
03-09-2022, 10:40 AM
I just received my Utopia backrest. It's not only huge but the pouch is just as big. I have a backrest I bought from Slingmods, and it was expensive, but it's too small and my back hurts after a while. But the pouch on it? Well, it's worthless to say the least. And, the snaps don't hold that well.

pegasus1300
03-09-2022, 10:57 AM
Had not thought about the GW search, I'll take a look. Paul, Millie and I are doing great just made a move to a fun place, life is good, thanks for asking,. The world is a mess, but but hopefully it won't last, meanwhile we do the best we can.
Glad to hear it and nice to know you and Millie are in a fun place. Although we need the water the snow brings, I am ready for warmer weather. Cynthia loves the 4 seasons and doesn't ride so she loves it. Spring City and the mountains are really pretty in their white coats but I've had enough cold.Have you settled on a solution to your bag problem? What are you thinking?

bikerbillone
03-09-2022, 12:32 PM
Thanks for kind words Paul..Still doing the search for the pouch, probably going to WingStuff see what's there...Man, I am so behind in my 'to do' list, I gotta change the oil in my RT, it's due. I finally found a gallon of Rotella 5/40 T6 on Amazon.

pegasus1300
03-10-2022, 09:47 AM
That's who I was trying to think of. Them or Hopnel should have something you can use. Good luck with the oil change. If I was closer I'd come help you.

bikerbillone
03-10-2022, 12:44 PM
Thanks Paul, yeah, that would be long freaking ride. I have the car ramps, I'll have my trusty computer on standby and take my time.

pegasus1300
03-10-2022, 12:51 PM
for us it's the getting up and down.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

bikerbillone
03-10-2022, 01:42 PM
Yes sir, that is IT! :)