PDA

View Full Version : Any Ohio Spyder rentals or place for extended test ride?

delkhouri
02-28-2022, 10:09 PM
I purchased a ryker a couple years ago and while its a lot of fun i am interested in checking out a spyder f3-s or f3-t. Does anyone know of any place in ohio that will rent a spyder or let me go on an extended ride. I know it might cost me 100 or 200 dollars to do so but in my mind that is money well spent to see for sure if it is something i really want to do. I have looked around at all the motorcycle or ride share sights that i can find but the closest place that rents them seems to be Maryland or Virginia. I have also called a couple dealers and they either dont rent, dont let you take extended rides, or dont have any stock to begin with.

I would also be interested in a spyder day where you go on a group ride from a dealership but i dont seen any of those scheduled yet.

A buddy of mine is a Harley guy and he was able to rent a road king and street glide before deciding and making a purchase.

Little Blue
03-01-2022, 04:18 AM
:chat:...Indiana does not offer any help with your problem.
I tried to find something like that in 2019.
Only offered ten minutes on a Demo.

Good Luck on Your Mission. ......:thumbup:

delkhouri
05-05-2022, 01:03 PM
So they actually have a some demo days at various dealers in ohio… but you can only demo the ryker or RT, no f3 :gaah:

CopperSpyder
05-05-2022, 02:59 PM
So they actually have a some demo days at various dealers in ohio… but you can only demo the ryker or RT, no f3 :gaah:

If you Demo the RT it is about the same as a F3T.

delkhouri
05-05-2022, 05:53 PM
I signed up for the rt. I will be real sad if i roll up on a ryker rally and demo a 900 ace haha

CopperSpyder
05-05-2022, 06:04 PM
I signed up for the rt. I will be real sad if i roll up on a ryker rally and demo a 900 ace haha

Your going to love the RT, with the long floorboards and 1330 engine; it will be so smooth. Oh and get ready for the power steering, you will like that too. Make sure and let us know how the demo ride gos.

delkhouri
06-04-2022, 09:27 PM
I just thought i would report back as I was able to do the guided ride today. I was able to ride a new RT base for about an hours. Here are some general thoughts (keep in mind that i am coming from a Ryker):

Its comfortable and smooth - it literally is like an older Cadillac with they way it sort of floats down the road
You set up higher
The Semi automatic is more fun than the cvt - especially when you learn to shift at the rpm’s
The floorboards are huge but I still prefer to have my feet further forward in more of a cruiser position
The windshield and huge fairing block nearly all the air, even with it in the lowest position - I got hot riding today
The handlebars are low and after an hour my shoulders hurt

I was also able to ride a used F3L and it nearly solved all of my complaints about the RT. I prefer the handlebars, the adjustable floorboards, it sits lower, and you get to feel at least some wind.

I am pretty sure that a F3 (ideally a f3-t) is in my future. Honestly I would happily keep my ryker if it had a manual or semi-automatic transmission instead of the CVT but thats just me.

Woodenfish
06-04-2022, 09:55 PM
If you place your order soon you can enjoy the thrill of ownership of that F3 probably by 2024 I imagine. :bdh: