PDA

View Full Version : ISCI New Parking Brake Extension

ISCI Billy
10-02-2009, 10:53 AM
We have added a new parking brake extension to our line of products. This brake is not yet on our web page but is now for sale. We have already sold several of these but have not officially released them for retail sale while waiting on our production run to be complete. That is now the case. The brake works especially well with our (ISCI) floorboards. No need to even lift your foot off the board to press the brake. We still offer the more generic (straight) extension as well for those who want to save a litte money but still have a nice addition to there bike. The extension works quite well for those who have ISCI Passenger Boards as it does not clutter up that area of the bike. This new brake retails for $120.00 each. Made of 6061 aluminum with a hard coat anodized finish. This two piece assembly also includes laser engraving for a more sporty look. This like all of our products are made in Alabama with domestic mateials and hardware.

ISCI Billy
:spyder2:
1-800-838-9421

Firefly
10-02-2009, 12:15 PM
Saw these at the show--- looking sharp! :thumbup:

I don't use the parking brake--- so it's not for me--- but the SE5 guys should really like this!

Questions
10-02-2009, 12:25 PM
I have been using mine for about a month along with the floorboards. It works perfectly! Much better than the stock pedal and a must with floorboards. No more hunting around for the parking brake while the warning beeper sounds off.

Roger
10-02-2009, 12:50 PM
When i did my test ride that parking brake was a little difficult to push on to release when i finished my ride i had to actually get off the bike to set it. i chalked it up to being a demo bike and a little wear and tear but this peddle looks like it will solve the problem. very nice.

Dukester
10-02-2009, 02:28 PM
I can't keep my parking brake from braking, maybe I need to change the name to something else. I'm taking it in for the fourth time now, the small springs keeps falling out. They fix it, it works great for awhile and then. I know, I'm going to call it the parking works.

Questions
10-03-2009, 12:12 AM
When i did my test ride that parking brake was a little difficult to push on to release when i finished my ride i had to actually get off the bike to set it. i chalked it up to being a demo bike and a little wear and tear but this peddle looks like it will solve the problem. very nice.

I had the same problem before the ISCI extension. Had to get off the bike half of the time just to find the pedal. If the spyder starts rolling while you are off on the left side trying to find the parking brake, you end up doing the "Oh #$%! Two-step" because you can't get to the foot brake on the other side either. Not a pretty picture. With the extension you never have to get off the spyder to apply the parking brake.

Plus if you have the ISCI hand brake you can always grab a handful of brake when you're off of the spyder. This is a much bigger issue with the SE5.

Motza
10-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Nice, wonder if it looks good with out the floorboards? :dontknow:

Star Cruiser
10-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Nice, wonder if it looks good with out the floorboards? :dontknow:

That is what I was thinking as well. I like the pegs for riding, but the parking brake is a real problem with my prosthetic being on my left leg. I saw some nice pegs as well so that might be the way I go. I'll be checking out the site for some more ideas :) Big Big Grin

ISCI Billy
10-05-2009, 04:56 PM
That is what I was thinking as well. I like the pegs for riding, but the parking brake is a real problem with my prosthetic being on my left leg. I saw some nice pegs as well so that might be the way I go. I'll be checking out the site for some more ideas :) Big Big Grin

With the pegs the regular straight extension would probably work best. You can see it on our web page at www.industrialspecialty.com (http://www.industrialspecialty.com) or just click the link on spyderlovers.com.

ISCI Billy

Motza
10-05-2009, 05:06 PM
With the pegs the regular straight extension would probably work best. You can see it on our web page at www.industrialspecialty.com (http://www.industrialspecialty.com) or just click the link on spyderlovers.com.

ISCI Billy
:agree: :2thumbs: