PDA

View Full Version : I have decided my 3rd biggest HATE is...

askitee
02-20-2022, 01:04 AM
scratching your new helmet visor the day you fit it.,

$150 for new visor - Check
Saved fitting it till we are about to head off for a trip - Check
Sat it on the seat to get fuel and hit it with the back rest - AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
1" scratch down the centre of it - AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH again

What's yours?

2dogs
02-20-2022, 01:37 AM
I feel for ya man, I broke mine the first week. Yep, $150 if you can find one. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

RayBJ
02-20-2022, 10:28 AM
I have a Klim lid that came with a transition shield (darkens in sunlight). I had the shield up at a stop light and when I took off, the wind blew the shield off and it got scratched across line of sight. Luckily I had a clear backup shield to replace it so I'm not buying another $130 transition shield. Sunglasses as needed when using that lid.

UtahPete
02-20-2022, 10:34 AM
What's your 1st and 2nd?

BertRemington
02-20-2022, 10:59 AM
https://www.amazon.com/The-Helmet-Hook-EX1-Lock/dp/B013ME9PII
I never put my helmet on the seat. And yeah those photochromic face shields are pricey.

ulflyer
02-20-2022, 01:54 PM
Always leave mine on the seat; came out of gas sta a week ago and wind had blown it off. Face shield scratched all to heck. Fulmer helmet...no clear ones to be had. Ordered and installed a smoke colored one today. Never used anything but clear so will see how it goes when wx cooperates. Have since found better places to park the helmet.

gkamer
02-20-2022, 02:07 PM
If I’m just refueling, I hang it from the handle bars. If I put it on the seat it will not raise enough to give me full access to the fuel tube. But if I’m going to go in a store or whatever, I stick it in the funk which can actually a hold a full modular helmet. I’m not sure I can remove the face shield from my helmet, at least I’ve not figured out how to do that.

askitee
02-20-2022, 04:27 PM
What's your 1st and 2nd?

Haven't decided yet.... wanted to reserve those spots in case I think of something. :)

SNOOPY
02-20-2022, 04:34 PM
Haven't decided yet.... wanted to reserve those spots in case I think of something. :)

:roflblack:

Little Blue
02-21-2022, 05:20 AM
What's your 1st and 2nd?

2. Remember to take the time to put helmet in a safe mode. ......:shemademe_smilie:

Pooch
02-21-2022, 06:07 AM
If its just a fuel stop… with maybe a quick trip inside the store… I leave the modular helmet on… takes too much time to remove the glasses, take off the helmet, set it somewhere to not worry about it falling or theft, fuel the bike and whatever… then put it back on, put the glasses back on, get the mic to the SENA put back in place…whew! …then look up to see that everybody is staring at me… waiting.. waiting…:sour: For longer, away from bike stops it gets put in the top trunk… I love that trunk just for this reason.

Peter Aawen
02-21-2022, 06:44 AM
If its just a fuel stop… with maybe a quick trip inside the store… I leave the modular helmet on… takes too much time to remove the glasses, take off the helmet, set it somewhere to not worry about it falling or theft, fuel the bike and whatever… then put it back on, put the glasses back on, get the mic to the SENA put back in place…whew! …then look up to see that everybody is staring at me… waiting.. waiting…:sour: For longer, away from bike stops it gets put in the top trunk… I love that trunk just for this reason.

Here in Oz, it's illegal to leave your helmet on inside a gas station, bank, many shops, and heaps of other 'public places' too!! :sour: . Duz'n matta if it's a modular helmet or not, if you're going inside then the helmet hasta come right OFF your head.... :shocked: . And you better be careful if you're carrying it by the chin bar &/or strap too, cos if someone thinks that you're threatening them, then carrying it like that means it might be construed as being a weapon, and most people just ain't allowed to carry 'weapons' of any sort around in public places here at all! :lecturef_smilie: . We've got laws for just about everything you can think of here! :rolleyes:

Saluda
02-21-2022, 07:33 AM
scratching your new helmet visor the day you fit it.,

$150 for new visor - Check

1" scratch down the centre of it - AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH again

What's yours?

Feel your pain, then as much as you try to ignore it the scratch seems to grow.

askitee
02-25-2022, 03:21 AM
2. Remember to take the time to put helmet in a safe mode. ......:shemademe_smilie:

Thanks Mum I will :)

askitee
02-25-2022, 03:24 AM
Okay today I think my No.2 hate has struck

Young women in small cars working their mobile, and doing their Lippy/hair/Nails/Pedicure/Waxing/Moisturising while driving behind you at 110Kms/hr + and repeatedly coming close to running up my derriere, then when I let her pass having the audacity to give me the middle finger.

I know guys do dumb stuff but this was todays

askitee
02-25-2022, 03:26 AM
Feel your pain, then as much as you try to ignore it the scratch seems to grow.

Now I have no doubt you feel my pain, I'm sure its 1.25" now. Thanks for the shoulder to cry on sob sob.