PDA

View Full Version : Thinking on upgrading 2019 RT to 2022 RT - what gear will transfer?

gerald37
02-12-2022, 04:00 PM
I am thinking about trading my 2019 RT Limited for a new 2022 RT Limited. I have watched several You Tube videos. Looks like there are quite a lot of changes. I see the plastic is all different. What I see is when changing oil, you don’t have to remove all the right-side plastic. Don’t have to remove the mirrors so they probably don’t need the magnet mirrors. I have foot pegs and back rest on mind. Can anyone tell me if they will work on the 2022? I also have Lamonster’s belt tensioner I wonder if it would fit. I would appreciate if anyone could answer any of my questions.

Knizar
02-12-2022, 09:59 PM
I am thinking about trading my 2019 RT Limited for a new 2022 RT Limited. I have watched several You Tube videos. Looks like there are quite a lot of changes. I see the plastic is all different. What I see is when changing oil, you don’t have to remove all the right-side plastic. Don’t have to remove the mirrors so they probably don’t need the magnet mirrors. I have foot pegs and back rest on mind. Can anyone tell me if they will work on the 2022? I also have Lamonster’s belt tensioner I wonder if it would fit. I would appreciate if anyone could answer any of my questions.

I believe you are "SOL" on moving any of your parts to the 2020+ machines. But I 've been wrong once b4 on this forum!
........:thumbup:....Bill

cptjam
02-13-2022, 02:28 AM
20 and up RT has long floorboards. No need to swap. Backrest does not fit the new-different seat completely. The new RT has a belt tensioner. No need to swap. I’ll have a 22 the first week in March, so I’ll double check on the belt tensioner.
The 20 RT is better in many ways: ride, handling, room, cargo capacity, lighting, wind protection, weather protection, sound system, maintenance, comfort. Great bike!

Scotts8826
02-13-2022, 08:59 AM
I was not able to move much from my 2013 RTS to the 2020. My previous bike was heavily modded but I was not able to move much. The F4 windshield and the Can-Am trailer hitch were the biggies. Also, the Lidlox were an easy change. My IPS key holder is usable to start the engine but I cant use it on the trunk because it does not fit in tight enough. While I hated leaving so many other mods behind, my 2013 RTS was two generations behind and the overall refinements were worth starting over. I have found I don't need some of the old mods on the new bike.

gerald37
02-13-2022, 02:02 PM
Thanks for you guys coming back. I sure like the looks of the new Spyders. I didn't think I could switch much over. I am going to try trading.

Bangorbob
02-14-2022, 10:27 AM
Will the Centramatic Balancers fit the newer ride?

Knizar
02-14-2022, 10:38 AM
Will the Centramatic Balancers fit the newer ride?

If you have 15" rims I do not believe you will have a problem, you might check the Lomonster Garage & see if there is a difference from one to another. Love the fact that I never have to worry about getting any of my tires balanced again!
....:thumbup:.....Bill

RayBJ
02-14-2022, 03:06 PM
The sway bar should be a direct swap as well.