PDA

View Full Version : Want ideas to get my Spyder on a flatbed pickup for hauling?

JP58
02-11-2022, 07:17 PM
I want to haul my F3 limited on a flat bed pickup and haul a camper behind the truck. Any ideas on how to get the spyder on the flatbed. Best ramps to use ect. Any pics or videos would be great.

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-11-2022, 07:59 PM
I want to haul my F3 limited on a flat bed pickup and haul a camper behind the truck. Any ideas on how to get the spyder on the flatbed. Best ramps to use ect. Any pics or videos would be great.

After I bought my Used 2003 Tacoma Pk-up... I removed the bed, extended the frame 14 inchs,, built a frame & sheet metal box .... to be used as a camper / toy hauler ..... took it cross country 8 times to Spyderfest in Mo. .... I built the box to fit an RSS .... Then I bought a 14 RT - which was a bit wider, but still left 2 inches to spare ....one on each side ..... I had some 10 ft alumin / wood ramps built .... I had to climb 29 inches in 10 ft :yikes: .... I was able to do that ( even in the rain ) because I made a Cheese Grater strip from galvan. sheet metal cut to fit the middle ramp and screwed onto it ..... Many, many fellow Spyderlovers have seen it and were amazed it was able to climb and not slip even in the rain .... Go to my Albums .... lots of pics .... good luck .... Mike :thumbup:

SportsterDoc
02-11-2022, 10:07 PM
How did you secure the ramps to the truck bed?
Did you load in reverse?
Was it close to high centering as you transitioned from the ramp?

2dogs
02-11-2022, 10:16 PM
https://www.discountramps.com/rampage-lift-trike-adapter/p/Rampage-Trike-Adapter/

You have to purchase the basic ramp to start with. Then you add the spyder adapter. I would suggest removing the windshield before transporting. 4 screws.

Just ran across this. https://www.discountramps.com/big-boy-trike-ramp/p/MF3-AMR/

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-11-2022, 10:27 PM
How did you secure the ramps to the truck bed?
Did you load in reverse?
Was it close to high centering as you transitioned from the ramp?

The ramps were constructed of aluminum 1/4" thick 2" x2" X 10 ft long pieces of angle .... connected together using 3/4 X 3/4 in angle & covered with 1/2 plywood .. the ends of the angle pieces were left extended 2" ( & bent to fit ), so I could drill 3/8 in. holes and drop 3 in bolts thru into the edge of the trk bed .... you also should look at my pics in my album ..... Mike :thumbup: