PDA

View Full Version : Who does this belong to? (trunk w/ backrest/armrests in TN)

SpyderGirl
10-01-2009, 03:00 PM
While in TN I saw a Spyder at the dealer up in Seiverville/Kodak with what appeared to be a Harley Davidson trunk with backrest and armrests on the back of what I remember to be a silver Spyder. If this is you, please speak up. I am curious as to what you used to mount your trunk. I am considering doing something similar with a trunk from a Goldwing.

Thanks!

Firefly
10-01-2009, 03:08 PM
While in TN I saw a Spyder at the dealer up in Seiverville/Kodak with what appeared to be a Harley Davidson trunk with backrest and armrests on the back of what I remember to be a silver Spyder. If this is you, please speak up. I am curious as to what you used to mount your trunk. I am considering doing something similar with a trunk from a Goldwing.

Thanks!

Maybe it was one of the ISCI bikes:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14592

SpyderGirl
10-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Maybe it was one of the ISCI bikes:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14592

No, that wasn't it. It was definitely a HD trunk, I'm almost certain. And they had mesh nets on the rear passenger hand-holds where they had a bottle of water rested along with a remote control of some sort. The trunk also had a brake light on the back. The trunk was black if I remember correctly. It was parked there on Wednesday the 23rd around 10:30AM.

It was a very solid mount so I wanted to know who owned it so I can found out how they did the mounting. That's the only part I am not sure about. I as thinking maybe a kewlmetal luggage rack might work as a good baseplate. I want to find a newer model GL1800 trunk to put on the Spyder.

Questions
10-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Yes it is a HD Tourpak .It's moounted on a post welded to a plug of square tubing secured inside the open frame end of the bike.

fastfraser
10-01-2009, 05:04 PM
welcome:spyder2: on.

one50npump
10-01-2009, 05:12 PM
:nopic:

Firefly
10-01-2009, 05:21 PM
A pic would really help----- did you get one of it?

I do recall seeing someone with a net-bottle holder for the rear rider on some bike down there.

Don in E Texas
10-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Yes it is a HD Tourpak .It's moounted on a post welded to a plug of square tubing secured inside the open frame end of the bike.

Welcome aboard!!!! Thanks for posting.. (I have an old Kawasaki tour box on my Spyder)...

don

Questions
10-01-2009, 05:48 PM
I am trying to upload a pic, but my skill level is lacking.I'm working on it.

Roaddog2
10-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Saw you out there also liked it :doorag:

NancysToy
10-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Two ways to do it. Reduce the size to an appropriate size (800x600 as I recall), then use the "Manage Attachments" button in the "Additional Options" section below the test box on the reply page to upload from your computer. Second is to download picture to a hosting service like photobucket. Then copy the "Image Code" (not the photo page html) on the photo page and past it into your post.

Questions
10-01-2009, 06:42 PM
here goes.

Questions
10-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Other shot's.

hawkiii
10-01-2009, 07:29 PM
Looks good. :thumbup:

BajaRon
10-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Great job of mounting that trunk and loading the pictures! Looks really good!

bjt
10-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Hi Tourist. Didn't my wife and I meet up with you guys in Niagara Falls this spring and ride around there for the day? That backrest and the description of it are very familiar sounding.

dltang
10-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Hi Tourist. Didn't my wife and I meet up with you guys in Niagara Falls this spring and ride around there for the day? That backrest and the description of it are very familiar sounding.

This is the one we saw in Niagra Falls, not sure but I don't think it is the same one.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Zi6_0058.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Zi6_0059.jpg

Of course, maybe they just took the fur off the seat. Could be the same one after
all.

bjt
10-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Sure is the same one. They removed the seat fur and added Givi bags. Same passenger floorboards. :thumbup:

Questions
10-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Yes that would be us. I guess our hybrid is still rare enough ( or odd enough) to be remembered.Sorry we could'nt stay longer at the falls it was fun with everyone.

SpyderGirl
10-02-2009, 09:50 AM

WOW, it looks great. Good work! :2thumbs:

I am glad I found out who the owner was. Well I can't weld, so that's probably not an option for me, but thank you for posting up and showing everyone pictures. That's a really nice set-up you have.

How comfortable is the passenger ride with that thing?

NancysToy
10-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Well I can't weld, so that's probably not an option for me........
There are lots of good welders out there, and some that work on bikes all the time. I'll bet you could easily find someone locally who could do a good job for you at a reasonable cost.

SpyderGirl
10-02-2009, 01:53 PM
There are lots of good welders out there, and some that work on bikes all the time. I'll bet you could easily find someone locally who could do a good job for you at a reasonable cost.

I do know someone who can weld, but he's glued to the hip of his girlfriend and never can get away....

I am going to take a closer look at the Kewlmetal rear rack and see if that's a viable option for mounting the Goldwing trunk. Then I'll need to find a Goldwing trunk... it'll be a nice winter project for me. :)