PDA

View Full Version : If at first you don't succeed....

wyliec
02-02-2022, 09:53 AM
try again for a landing....

https://www.today.com/video/watch-british-airways-plane-nearly-topples-over-while-attempting-to-land-132253253747

Every time I fly, I'm always concerned with the plane not being able to stop before the end of the runway, not toppling over.:shocked:

Peter Aawen
02-02-2022, 11:16 AM
I reckon that Pilot did a pretty reasonable job of avoiding making a mess on the runway :thumbup: - even if not quite such a good job of avoiding making a mess in the shorts of everyone aboard! :opps: And they said he stuck the next one safely! :ohyea:

Back in the day, we practiced things like that.... used to call 'em 'circuits & bumps'. IIRC, I got to do a lot more'n anyone else.... :rolleyes:

gkamer
02-02-2022, 11:50 AM
Reminds me a little bit of landing on a government contractor flight into Saigon back in the early 70's. I was never sure if we landed or where shot down....

2dogs
02-02-2022, 03:40 PM
I always want more tarmac in front of me than behind me whether I'm taking off or touching down. I've survived two aircraft accidents, one fixed wing and one rotor blade. They happen so fast there's little or no time to become scared. That happens afterward when everything goes quiet.

UtahPete
02-02-2022, 04:08 PM
You haven't really experienced flying until you've flown Aeroflot. They tend to dive into a landing as if it's a bombing run.

Raven
02-04-2022, 03:23 PM
I always want more tarmac in front of me than behind me whether I'm taking off or touching down. I've survived two aircraft accidents, one fixed wing and one rotor blade. They happen so fast there's little or no time to become scared. That happens afterward when everything goes quiet.

I don't think I want to fly with you. LOL:gaah:

2dogs
02-05-2022, 02:14 PM
I don't think I want to fly with you. LOL:gaah:

Yea, I know what you mean. I'm not sure if I want'a fly with me either. LOL