PDA

View Full Version : a warning baout 6 spoke wheels

jabba11
09-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Thought id throw this out there since it happend to me and my 09 phantom that has 6 spoke wheel. When i took a wheel off today I didnt catch that the spokes on the rim protrude out from the wheel SOOOO if you let them fall over th eVERY soft aluminum will EASILY SCRATCH!!!!:yikes:. Make sure you are careful when taking these wheels off your spyder and lay them down spokes up

NancysToy
09-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Thought id throw this out there since it happend to me and my 09 phantom that has 6 spoke wheel. When i took a wheel off today I didnt catch that the spokes on the rim protrude out from the wheel SOOOO if you let them fall over th eVERY soft aluminum will EASILY SCRATCH!!!!:yikes:. Make sure you are careful when taking these wheels off your spyder and lay them down spokes up
The three spoke wheels have spokes that stick out even farther. Good advice! ......and also watch driving too close to those curbs.

draboo
09-30-2009, 09:46 PM
......and also watch driving too close to those curbs.

We found this out the hard way last weekend.:(

tweeder
09-30-2009, 09:56 PM
We found this out the hard way last weekend.:(

damn gas station islands.

draboo
09-30-2009, 10:23 PM

HOW'D YOU KNOW??:gaah:

wyliec
10-01-2009, 06:06 AM

I've already been to the 'rim doctor' once because of that.

bjt
10-01-2009, 07:16 AM
My rims got scuffed by having to shoehorn the Spyder into a trailer that was only 60 inches wide. The tires fit easily but the spokes sticking out past the tires hit on either side. :(

jimclarkf1
10-01-2009, 07:17 AM
I know what to do,,,DONT TAKE THEM OFF:clap:

NancysToy
10-01-2009, 07:28 AM
My rims got scuffed by having to shoehorn the Spyder into a trailer that was only 60 inches wide. The tires fit easily but the spokes sticking out past the tires hit on either side. :(
I hit the cables on my trailer ramp, too. It is wide enough, but my aim was poor. Hard to look where you are backing and at the front wheels at the same time. Now I cover the cables with foam tubing. Split swimming pool noodles work wonders!

SpyderGirl
10-01-2009, 10:04 AM

Same thing happen to us with our stock wheels. Our trailer is just over 60" wide.