PDA

View Full Version : I was gone from this Forum

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-22-2022, 02:20 PM
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd it doesn't look like I was missed …...:dontknow::gaah::banghead: ….. Oh well ….. My PC / hard-drive Died, so I had to replace it …. bought a re-furbished unit on Amazon for $ 150.00 ( included a new mouse and a new key-board :yes: )_ ….. took me 1/2 hr. to clear my backed -up E-mails ) …… Mike :thumbup:

trikermutha
01-22-2022, 02:26 PM
No you were missed. I seen people were wondering where you were on the threads someplace on tires I believe.

Knizar
01-22-2022, 02:30 PM
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd it doesn't look like I was missed …...:dontknow::gaah::banghead: ….. Oh well ….. My PC / hard-drive Died, so I had to replace it …. bought a re-furbished unit on Amazon for $ 150.00 ( included a new mouse and a new key-board :yes: )_ ….. took me 1/2 hr. to clear my backed -up E-mails ) …… Mike :thumbup:

Tires have been the topic, Wonder why you were not chiming in? Makes one think maybe something wrong! Glad it was a only PC/problem, Now, give em hell!:popcorn::thumbup:...Bill.

CopperSpyder
01-22-2022, 02:39 PM
WB Mike!!

troop
01-22-2022, 03:04 PM
Thought maybe on a skiing hiatus :)

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-22-2022, 03:27 PM
No you were missed. I seen people were wondering where you were on the threads someplace on tires I believe.

Yep I did see that one and - answered ….. Mike :thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-22-2022, 03:32 PM
Thought maybe on a skiing hiatus :)

Well luckily I've have been skiing:clap:...but it's only local for me ( 10 miles drive ) …. Mike :thumbup: quite a bit

ARtraveler
01-22-2022, 07:16 PM
I did a couple mental where is BlueKnight's. You were getting close to getting a message from me.

And I was one of the looking for BlueKnight's in the latest tire threads.

Glad to hear it was something minor. :yes:

Grayfox
01-22-2022, 07:22 PM
Welcome back

bigbadbrucie
01-22-2022, 07:49 PM
Glad to have you back Mike, you were missed!

bikerbillone
01-23-2022, 07:02 AM
Yep, saw all those tire questions, no BlueKnight. Welcome back.

Little Blue
01-23-2022, 07:39 AM
:coffee: I thought you might of gotten, 'under the weather '

Glad to have you back...... : )

Saluda
01-23-2022, 08:29 AM
Welcome back.

Peteoz
01-23-2022, 03:20 PM
No one missed you BLUEKNIGHT. I got all the info I needed from your brother, BLUETOOTH. :thumbup:

Of course we all all missed you, Mike :ohyea:

Pete

2dogs
01-23-2022, 03:30 PM
Well luckily I've have been skiing:clap:...but it's only local for me ( 10 miles drive ) …. Mike :thumbup: quite a bit

Thought you may have had your bindings on too tight and took a header. A broken hard drive is almost as bad but less painful.

Rider Steve
01-23-2022, 04:53 PM

I noticed... dug several holes in my backyard looking for you... guess I better go fill em back in. Hey, I found Jimmy Hoffa that way.

Steve W.
01-23-2022, 09:09 PM
No, it's quite obvious that we missed you.

However, our aim IS improving. :shocked:

IdahoMtnSpyder
01-31-2022, 11:33 PM
My PC / hard-drive Died, so I had to replace it ….

This is good time to bring up something most computer users are not aware of. I really wasn't.

Many, if not most, of you have seen references to the SMART feature of hard drives. You really need to get some s/w that will check the SMART status every once in awhile. HWInfo is good freebie one. I've always ignored it with the thought that my hard drives will last for who knows how long. Well, as Mike found out, they don't. I added a new SSD (solid state drive) to my computer the other day and in the process saw where my cloning program flagged a HD as having 100 irrecoverable sectors. That was the drive with all my active data on it! In short that means the drive could very well be on it's way down the toilet. The only fix for bad sectors is a new HD. I copied everything to the SSD I had just quit using because of the new SSD. I left the problem HD in but it's empty. I'll use it for temporary storage that, if lost, will not be an issue.

The old adage is, "There are two kinds of hard drives, those that have failed, and those that will fail!"

I know now to take a check of the SMART data every few weeks as it's a good way to catch impending disaster.