PDA

View Full Version : A Request Passed On To All - Add your Spyder Year/model to your Sig Line!

ARtraveler
01-22-2022, 12:05 PM
One off our members has sent me a private message requesting the following:

Would you ask all members to provide information about their Spyder/Ryker year, model in their signatures.

This will go a long way in helping people determine a good answer to questions that get posted, and do not appear in a specific forum for the product.

This will provide a quicker and more accurate reply in quite a few situations.

:bowdown:

RICZ
01-22-2022, 12:39 PM
Doing so is a well known common coutersey in forums, but too often ignored. It's an epedemic on Facebook Spyder groups.
It's one of those, "Help up so we can help you things." Having that info in the signature should be a forum requirement. Right admin?

Adventurer
01-22-2022, 12:44 PM
I think that’s a great idea, but where/how do you access your signature info? I went into my profile and didn’t see it anywhere

Knizar
01-22-2022, 12:53 PM
I think that’s a great idea, but where/how do you access your signature info? I went into my profile and didn’t see it anywhere

Go into Settings, Top Right of every page...

Then click on Edit Signature, the 2nd to last line of the first My Settings block on the Lefthand side of that page; enter your text; and then Save Signature.

Adventurer
01-22-2022, 01:07 PM
Done!

Bfromla
01-22-2022, 02:12 PM
Also available the spyder garage info with pics, if you have a preferred signature.:popcorn:

ARtraveler
01-22-2022, 02:17 PM
Doing so is a well known common coutersey in forums, but too often ignored. It's an epedemic on Facebook Spyder groups.
It's one of those, "Help up so we can help you things." Having that info in the signature should be a forum requirement. Right admin?

Some would say we have to many rules already. I am for voluntary signature at the moment. :bowdown:

redrazor
01-22-2022, 02:48 PM

:agree: DITTO!!?? :helpsmilie:

noboot
01-22-2022, 02:53 PM
Sounds like a good idea.

Working on my own signature

Knizar
01-22-2022, 02:55 PM

Go to "Edit Signature" in Settings.

See Post #4 above for step by step instructions. ;)

redrazor
01-22-2022, 02:58 PM

:yes: I figured it out! I was trying to do it in the Profile. Thanks for the tip, knizar!:cheers:

bigbadbrucie
01-22-2022, 03:06 PM
Some would say we have to many rules already. I am for voluntary signature at the moment. :bowdown:
I totally agree with you to a point, however it is a NECESSARY requirement to answer a lot of questions. Also, I don’t understand why everyone doesn’t automatically add their ride info....I mean this is the Spyder LOVERS site. I would think that you would want EVERYONE to know what you ride. jmho

MONK
01-22-2022, 06:22 PM
Sig test

MONK
01-22-2022, 06:24 PM
One more time

EDIT: It works!

UtahPete
01-22-2022, 06:50 PM
I totally agree with you to a point, however it is a NECESSARY requirement to answer a lot of questions. Also, I don’t understand why everyone doesn’t automatically add their ride info....I mean this is the Spyder LOVERS site. I would think that you would want EVERYONE to know what you ride. jmho

A lot of people think their personal freedoms override the communal good, so good luck with that.

wyliec
01-23-2022, 01:01 PM
:D
A lot of people think their personal freedoms override the communal good, so good luck with that.

I’d say that communal good is pretty subjective, as opposed to objective. Oh, I see what you did there.

vito1943
01-23-2022, 01:20 PM
Good idea. Just edited my signature.

spyderbear
01-24-2022, 07:36 AM
Done :)

acdcking12
01-24-2022, 09:00 AM
makes sense

Race25
01-24-2022, 09:55 AM
Done, I think.

Bangorbob
01-24-2022, 10:40 AM
Lets see if mine worked.

Yes it did. Thanks

arkyleo
01-24-2022, 11:02 AM
Hmmm--lets see if it worked. Will add a photo later

Deanna777
01-24-2022, 03:36 PM
Done

Mine is just below my signature picture (of my dashboard;) ) It says: 2014 RTS-SE6 Cognac.

Is that what everyone is talking about???

Deanna

Peter Aawen
01-24-2022, 04:38 PM
Done

Mine is just below my signature picture (of my dashboard;) ) It says: 2014 RTS-SE6 Cognac.

Is that what everyone is talking about???

Deanna

Yep! :thumbup:

Jesster72
01-24-2022, 04:49 PM
This is a great reminder!

agrimm01
01-24-2022, 04:59 PM
Done!!

Deanna777
01-24-2022, 08:21 PM
Yep! :thumbup:

I did that in 2014 when I added a picture of my painted dashboard ( Cognac- solid color),to my Signature picture, then I changed my "signature picture" to my current dashboard.

Deanna

sandeejs
01-24-2022, 08:36 PM
I think I got it. Lets see.

Okay!
~Sandee~

Hekarwi
01-24-2022, 09:14 PM
Done... Then again maybe not. Will try again

Little Blue
01-25-2022, 02:24 AM
:chat: A big help for us 'Forum Community' members.
We are all trying to get more information about Spyders and Rykers to you.

I for one would like to say 'Thank You' for your help and time. Let's see if everything works out.

Enjoy your Ryde Time and Stay Safe. ...... : )

FrogmanDave
01-25-2022, 07:57 AM
There needs to be a place for it in your profile on the left. Most forums I have ever belonged to had that in the software. But having it in your signature makes sense to me. Mine has been there since I joined.

WilcoJunoHotel
01-25-2022, 08:17 AM
Couldn't get it to work. Went into settings, added signature text and it appeared to save it OK but none of my old posts showed my signature. Even gave it 24 hours but it still didn't show up but then as I was posting this reply I saw the little checkbox in the bottom left corner of this reply message that says "Show your signature" ..... So, I am guessing it will only show up for new posts going forward if the little box is checked..............

TIMEMACHINE
01-25-2022, 08:22 PM
All done.

Peter Aawen
01-25-2022, 09:47 PM
Couldn't get it to work. Went into settings, added signature text and it appeared to save it OK but none of my old posts showed my signature. Even gave it 24 hours but it still didn't show up but then as I was posting this reply I saw the little checkbox in the bottom left corner of this reply message that says "Show your signature" ..... So, I am guessing it will only show up for new posts going forward if the little box is checked..............

Have you logged out & logged back in again? :dontknow: The system caches your sig line info to make it quicker & easier for you to post, so it requires a log out/in to re-write that cache; after which it should display your sig line on all your following posts - but only if you've ticked all the 'show signature' boxes in your profile & settings. ;)

Little Blue
01-26-2022, 04:41 AM
All done.

Very nice and just want we need to help Spyder Forum Members.
The Year and Model.

Thanks....Let your post....help us....... : )

Little Blue
01-28-2022, 04:54 AM
:chat: ......A good example for your Signature Line.

SEE Post #33. ........:2thumbs:

Short and sweet........ : )

cruisinTX
01-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Since this does seem to be an important issue so it's easier to offer up advice, is there any way to make it a requirement when registering a new account? I would think with computer capabilities these days, that could be possible. The only glitch that might make it a no-go or more difficult would be when a person signs up before they have purchased a Spyder. I joined the forum in 2015 when my wife told me that since I had just given myself a sport bike for my 60th b-day, she got the next purchase of a blue Spyder. We didn't buy our Spyder until the fall of 2017. I still think some type of requirement to complete registration could be possible though. Maybe have a required box for "What Spyder do you own" be configured so the word "hopefully" followed by your target machine would be an accepted response. Maybe the use of radio buttons or drop-down menus could work too. I'm just taking shots in the dark here as I am not a programmer but do know new software & computers are pretty capable in the right hands.

ARtraveler
01-28-2022, 12:52 PM
Since this does seem to be an important issue so it's easier to offer up advice, is there any way to make it a requirement when registering a new account? I would think with computer capabilities these days, that could be possible. The only glitch that might make it a no-go or more difficult would be when a person signs up before they have purchased a Spyder. I joined the forum in 2015 when my wife told me that since I had just given myself a sport bike for my 60th b-day, she got the next purchase of a blue Spyder. We didn't buy our Spyder until the fall of 2017. I still think some type of requirement to complete registration could be possible though. Maybe have a required box for "What Spyder do you own" be configured so the word "hopefully" followed by your target machine would be an accepted response. Maybe the use of radio buttons or drop-down menus could work too. I'm just taking shots in the dark here as I am not a programmer but do know new software & computers are pretty capable in the right hands.

We get a lot of pre-buyer lookers on the forum. Many come back and say this is why they bought their particular new Spyder. Requiring Spyder information as a requirement to registering on the site, would drive some away making them think of us as "exclusive snobs" or similar. We are getting a lot of people following the suggestion to list their make and model. There will always be a few who will not for "whatever" reason. I am one who would say, let's not hold it against them by making it a requirement. For now, I think we have a good "happy medium" going. :bowdown:

01-28-2022, 02:56 PM
:joke::doorag::ani29::spyder2::bowdown::sour::agre e::f_spider::clap::cheers::coffee::spyder::spyder2 :Ok

Peteoz
01-28-2022, 02:59 PM

Yes, but a couple more lines won’t hurt, Little Blue….I include my size and the mods I have installed that relate mostly to that size to give others ideas on options ;)
Although I don’t believe that adding lines like cup holder, flagpole, tassels, etc etc really do anything other than making the signature unwieldy.

Pete

spyderdave
01-29-2022, 12:30 PM
Think I got it right; thanks for the push, guys!

Little Blue
01-29-2022, 02:45 PM
Think I got it right; thanks for the push, guys!
Yes, you get a gold star. The red letters are always a plus.
Come on people join us.

rustin921
01-29-2022, 06:15 PM
Just updated mine.

sledge
01-29-2022, 08:13 PM
I finally got mine today , with the help of a very nice member , I had spent a few hours working on it with Nothing to show for it . so I asked a member Bangorbob and he helped me with no questions asked . and I sure am proud to say I Thank Him for his time and know how. and glad to be a member of a group like this.

Big Juice
01-30-2022, 01:09 PM
A good point to better our communications, from a fellow Arkansan!

Little Blue
02-02-2022, 05:06 AM
:spyder: Adding your Spyder model/ year to your signature is a big help.
Hopefully more people will join the community.... : )

BCNewell
03-04-2022, 04:53 PM
Siggy added.

Little Blue
03-30-2022, 02:57 AM
:spyder: Adding your Spyder model/ year to your signature is a big help.
Hopefully more people will join the community.... : )

Thanks to all who have posted their Spyder/Ryker Year/Model.
Hopefully more people will get in the groove. ......:thumbup:

Little Blue
05-03-2022, 04:05 AM
:coffee:...Still hoping for more Spyder Forum Members to share. If you want to help everyone with your Spyder questions please include your Spyder Year and Model in your Signature Line.

Need some Help just ask. .....:thumbup:

pegasus1300
05-03-2022, 08:03 PM
This has been my signature since I first started here

Little Blue
05-22-2022, 05:37 AM
:coffee:...Still hoping for more Spyder Forum Members to share. If you want to help everyone with your Spyder questions please include your Spyder Year and Model in your Signature Line.

Need some Help just ask. .....:thumbup:

Welcome to the Spyder Forum. Please Help us to Help you out with Your questions. REMEMBER to post up Your Signature Line. ......:chat:

Little Blue
07-24-2022, 04:19 AM
:chat:....Thanks for all who have posted.

Stay Healthy. .....:thumbup:

Little Blue
10-03-2022, 05:30 AM

It has been a few months now. I just wanted to encourage you to please post up your Spyder model and year.
Thanks to all who have done this.
Have a Blessed Day My Friend. ....:thumbup:

Need Help Just Ask. .... : )

Virgil2014
10-04-2022, 04:11 PM
I’ve been having trouble getting my ride to show up. Trying again, Hope it shows up now.

Little Blue
11-05-2022, 04:13 AM

Just another little push for those who don't have a Model/Year in your Signature Line.

Please help us to help you with your Spyder/Ryker
Questions. Thanks again for looking. ....:thumbup:

lvmyspyder
11-05-2022, 07:00 AM
Done. Great idea.

Little Blue
12-14-2022, 05:43 AM

Just another little push for those who still need to add your Spyder Year and model.
If you need help just ask.
Help us to Help you with your Spyder.

Thank You for your Time. ....:thumbup:

cjr00
12-14-2022, 05:52 AM
roger that

cjr00
12-14-2022, 05:56 AM
trying to get the pic in here

TCBoone
12-14-2022, 06:22 PM
:f_spider:

cptjam
12-15-2022, 03:23 AM
Good idea!
We have had 7, and worked on thousands. It sure helps to know what the question is about! Joe

Little Blue
01-06-2023, 05:41 AM
:chat:...Welcome to the New Year 2023.
Just a little heads-up about your Signature Line.
Please Post your Spyder model and year.
Help us to Help you.

Thanks so much. If you have any questions please ask.

Stay Healthy. ....:thumbup:

Arachnerds
02-03-2023, 04:49 PM
After you go into "My Profile" you need to go into "About Me". Your signature is a bit down the page.

FrogmanDave
02-03-2023, 05:30 PM
After you go into "My Profile" you need to go into "About Me". Your signature is a bit down the page.

Yes but you cannot edit it there. You must pick 'Forum Actions' from the top left of any page, then pick 'Edit Profile' from the drop down menu. Then pick 'edit signature' on the left hand side.

Peter Aawen
02-03-2023, 06:47 PM
Yes but you cannot edit it there. You must pick 'Forum Actions' from the top left of any page, then pick 'Edit Profile' from the drop down menu. Then pick 'edit signature' on the left hand side.

Or go to 'Settings' up in the Top Right corner of any page, just to the Right of 'My Profile' and then pick 'Edit Signature' from the list in the Left Hand column. :ohyea:

3Tyme
02-03-2023, 06:57 PM
test.

Little Blue
02-11-2023, 12:44 AM
:ohyea:...It looks good. Thanks for the update and the time.
We'll have a better understanding of what Spyder you are talking about. Then offer you the best way for your to get your Spyder up to speed.

Stay Healthy. .....:thumbup

Peter Aawen
03-24-2023, 11:16 PM
trying to get the pic in here

Bewdy cjr & 3Tyme, those sig additions have obviously worked and aren't too big either! :ohyea:

Just talking about 'Too Big' for anyone else thinking of adding pics & maybe maps of where you've ridden etc - while that's always a great idea and can make your post stand out from the crowd, PLEASE keep any additions reasonably small and not in a 'Large Table' &/or stretching out right across the page on your widescreen monitor at home! :yikes:

A lot of the members here use their 'phones or other small screen devices to access the Forum at least at times, and if your sig pic, table, &/or sig line is too big &/or wide, it makes it very near impossible for those 'small screen users' (me included! :mad: ) to read your posts; and possibly they won't even be able to open the thread that you've put your 'too big/wide image/details' into!! :shocked: That might still be fine for me, cos as a Moderator here, if I can get into the thread, then I can delete your post &/or remove the offending sig details, but that won't help all the others who may have tried to read your post before any of the Mod/Admin Team were alerted and got around to doing that.... :gaah:

So please, do include your Spyder/Ryker year & model in your sig line; add the info from your Spyder Garage entry if you wish; and sure, add those maps & extra detail if you're so inclined; BUT when doing this, try to use cjr00's pic in his post a few up as a size guide - any single pic/table/item too much bigger than that is probably TOO BIG, in which case it probably won't last long; and similarly, anything containing too much, more lines/info, or too many pics/images/maps etc that ends up being anything too much bigger than ARtraveler's Signature block back a page or two is likewise probably TOO BIG & so it too may not last long. :sour:

Basically, when you're adding info to your Sig line/block, please just consider all the other users/members here and don't add large items or so much info/detail that it makes using the Forum too difficult for them &/or is likely to upset the Mod/Admin Team. :rolleyes: Thanks! :thumbup:

oldguyinTX
03-25-2023, 10:58 PM
Bewdy cjr & 3Tyme, those sig additions have obviously worked and aren't too big either! :ohyea:

Just talking about 'Too Big' for anyone else thinking of adding pics & maybe maps of where you've ridden etc - while that's always a great idea and can make your post stand out from the crowd, PLEASE keep any additions reasonably small and not in a 'Large Table' &/or stretching out right across the page on your widescreen monitor at home! :yikes:

A lot of the members here use their 'phones or other small screen devices to access the Forum at least at times, and if your sig pic, table, &/or sig line is too big &/or wide, it makes it very near impossible for those 'small screen users' (me included! :mad: ) to read your posts; and possibly they won't even be able to open the thread that you've put your 'too big/wide image/details' into!! :shocked: That might still be fine for me, cos as a Moderator here, if I can get into the thread, then I can delete your post &/or remove the offending sig details, but that won't help all the others who may have tried to read your post before any of the Mod/Admin Team were alerted and got around to doing that.... :gaah:

So please, do include your Spyder/Ryker year & model in your sig line; add the info from your Spyder Garage entry if you wish; and sure, add those maps & extra detail if you're so inclined; BUT when doing this, try to use cjr00's pic in his post a few up as a size guide - any single pic/table/item too much bigger than that is probably TOO BIG, in which case it probably won't last long; and similarly, anything containing too much, more lines/info, or too many pics/images/maps etc that ends up being anything too much bigger than ARtraveler's Signature block back a page or two is likewise probably TOO BIG & so it too may not last long. :sour:

Basically, when you're adding info to your Sig line/block, please just consider all the other users/members here and don't add large items or so much info/detail that it makes using the Forum too difficult for them &/or is likely to upset the Mod/Admin Team. :rolleyes: Thanks! :thumbup:

Guilty of TMI. My signature has become somewhat bloated over the years, and I guess maybe takes up a lot of space. But at least everyone knows what I ride.:thumbup:

Peter Aawen
03-26-2023, 01:35 AM
Guilty of TMI. My signature has become somewhat bloated over the years, and I guess maybe takes up a lot of space. But at least everyone knows what I ride.:thumbup:

Nope, yours isn't really too big oldguy (altho it is a bit on the large size ;) ) It's not yet pushing the width of the page display out beyond the default, even if it is using the entire width default page - it's really once it starts pushing that display width out or filling too much of the depth of the page/one screen that it becomes a problem. :thumbup:

oldguyinTX
03-26-2023, 10:45 AM
Nope, yours isn't really too big oldguy (altho it is a bit on the large size ;) ) It's not yet pushing the width of the page display out beyond the default, even if it is using the entire width default page - it's really once it starts pushing that display width out or filling too much of the depth of the page/one screen that it becomes a problem. :thumbup:

Guess there are no more farkles in my future unless I uninstall some old ones first!:lecturef_smilie:

Little Blue
04-01-2023, 01:47 AM
:coffee:...Well another month has come and gone.
I just wanted to give everyone a little push for posting your Spyder Year and model in your signature line.

This helps us to give you better advice about your Spyder.
Need some help, let us know.
Stay Healthy and Safe. ....:thumbup:

Little Blue
05-02-2023, 05:40 AM
I just wanted to give everyone a little push for posting your Spyder Year and model in your signature line.

Here is the monthly push for those who don't have the Signature Line posted on your site. Please help us to Help you. Thanks for your time. ....:thumbup:

Little Blue
06-26-2023, 05:35 AM
Here is the monthly push for those who don't have the Signature Line posted on your site. Please help us to Help you. Thanks for your time. ....:thumbup:

Just checking in with the monthly push about the Signature Line.

Need Help Give us a Shout/Post.
Thanks and have a Great Day. ....:thumbup:

Little Blue
08-01-2023, 04:48 AM

The Monthly Push for Your Signature Line.

Have yourself a great day. ....:thumbup:

JWK70
08-03-2023, 08:53 PM
I haven’t added anything to my signature because unfortunately I haven’t purchased my Spyder yet. I’m hoping to buy it in the spring of 2024 and am aiming for a 2020 or newer RTL.

WRCLVR
08-09-2023, 07:03 AM
Edited mine to add the new 2023 Sea-to-Sky purchased a month ago to keep wife happy. Still have the 2019 RTL so a 2 Spyder household npw
:spyder2: :shemademe_smilie:

Little Blue
10-01-2023, 06:05 AM
By using a "Signature Line" you can help us to better understand what you need.
You can add your own on this Forum.
Need a little help just ask.
Thanks 'Little Blue'. ....:thumbup:

oldguyinTX
10-01-2023, 10:20 PM
The number of posts that do not make any reference whatsoever to the year and model never ceases to amaze me. I mean, why wouldn't you? Seeing as how it's stupid easy to put it in a signature line makes me wonder why everyone on this forum doesn't do it. Its not like posting a Social Security or Medicare number. It's just information to help the OP, and for the rest of us to help them. JMHO

Kandiman
10-07-2023, 04:00 PM
I greatly appreciate tips like this! Being a new Spyder owner (just over a week) and not so mechanically minded, I did not realize how many answers might depend on the year/ model.
So glad I found this forum as I am sure I will have many questions.
Hoping my signature is here. :D

bigbadbrucie
10-07-2023, 04:05 PM
I greatly appreciate tips like this! Being a new Spyder owner (just over a week) and not so mechanically minded, I did not realize how many answers might depend on the year/ model.
So glad I found this forum as I am sure I will have many questions.
Hoping my signature is here. :D
Now, if only more would do this, it would make life so much easier....thank you! (and yes, your signature bar does indeed show your year and model).

Little Blue
11-22-2023, 02:06 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to you. Just wanted you to know that I am giving a little push about your Spyder Forum Signature Line. There are lots of sunshine days and places to go,

Little Blue
12-08-2023, 07:59 AM
:spyder:....Well folks it's December 2023. So a little Christmas spirit is in order.
Soooooooo....have a Wonderful Season.

As a little reminder to those of you who don't have your Ryde in the Signature Line.
This is a good time to do it.
Thanks for getting this done.
This Helps us help you out with your Ryde Questions.

Little Blue
01-01-2024, 06:32 AM
:coffee:...Welcome to the New Year of 2024.
Just a little heads-up about putting your Spyder or Ryker
information in your Signature Line.
This helps us to Help you with your Questions about your Ryde.

Need a little help, just let us know. We would love to come to your
rescue.

Thanks for your Time.
Stay Safe and Enjoy some Ryde Time. ....:thumbup:

Little Blue
03-12-2024, 04:09 AM
I see some of you may not have yet seen or might have forgotten about doing this.

Help us to Help You with your Spyder or Ryker.

Please Post Up your make, model, and year in your Profile's Signature Line.
Need some Help to do that, just ask.

Have Yourself a Blessed Day. .... :chat:

Charlie51
04-01-2024, 04:25 PM
Test of recent Signature add.

Thanks for the tip.

LALoner
04-01-2024, 08:23 PM
I'm trying and I think I got it.

Peter Aawen
04-01-2024, 08:41 PM
Test of recent Signature add.

Thanks for the tip.

I'm trying and I think I got it.

I can see your Spyder model & year in both sig lines, so I reckon you've both got it!! :ohyea:

Thank you! :thumbup:

DaddyRhino130
04-02-2024, 06:32 AM
Testing . . .

Johndeeredoo
04-25-2024, 06:10 PM
Testing

Peter Aawen
04-25-2024, 06:46 PM
Testing . . .

Testing

Both of those look to be working to me! :2thumbs:

JWK70
04-26-2024, 07:42 PM
I haven’t purchased my Spyder yet, but when I do I will be sure to add it to my signature line.

Little Blue
05-01-2024, 04:05 AM
I see some of you may not have yet seen or might have forgotten about doing this.

Help us to Help You with your Spyder or Ryker.

Please Post Up your make, model, and year in your Profile's Signature Line.
Need some Help to do that, just ask.

Have Yourself a Blessed Day. .... :chat:

May 1st, 2024 ......

Just checking in to make a little push about your 'Signature Line'. Thanks for getting it done.

Hopefully more will get on board.
Have a Great Day. .....:thumbup: