PDA

View Full Version : Photos from our Cross Country Trip and Spyders in the Smokies 2009

SpyderGirl
09-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Photos can be seen here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2033438&id=1043132690&l=fd3bdee0b9

We also took several videos which I will post in the videos area including one of the entire Tail of the Dragon ride.

We took over 700 photos and 20 videos.

SpyderRider2492
09-30-2009, 12:32 PM
What an adventure and thanks for documenting it so well, I enjoyed looking at every picture. You took on a great challenge and pulled it off well,thats stamina for sure. It sure bought back a few memories as I have visited some of the places on your tour, you never know it might shake me enough to start thnking about a future trip. Glad everyting worked out well for you, what a trip for sure.

Bersquack
09-30-2009, 01:19 PM
Thanks for sharing.:2thumbs:

Big Arm
09-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Thanks for posting the pics, SpyderGirl. It was nice visiting with the both of you at Deal's Gap. :2thumbs: Glad you got home safely :bowdown:

SpyderGirl
09-30-2009, 03:17 PM
We sure had a great time. We were disappointed that we couldn't stay for the whole thing and missed out on being recognized for being the person to travel the most miles by Spyder to the event (that we are aware of).

We saw so much along the way and missed so much too. We plan on doing a seperate Route 66 trip in the future, but not on the Spyder though... we're looking into getting me a convertible car and take that instead. :)

It was so great to meet all of you who I had the pleasure of meeting. I met so many people there is no way I could remember you all. :D

It feels weird being back to work after having 24 days off this month... it's my first day back since September 4th. nojoke

rnet
09-30-2009, 05:35 PM
Spydergirl looks like you had a wonderful trip. Glad I could be in a small part of it. Maybe someday I will do the same with the wife.

TonyMac
09-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Wow! What a great set of pictures. Really makes you want to take a long trip too. I especially liked the ones on Route 66 in Arizona. Little ghost towns are all over that area and a real bit of old Americana.

Thanks for sharing! Great job!:2thumbs:

Lamonster
09-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Good to see you guys when you were here. You missed a great BBQ, :D

SpyderGirl
09-30-2009, 07:32 PM
Spydergirl looks like you had a wonderful trip. Glad I could be in a small part of it. Maybe someday I will do the same with the wife.

We did, and you should do it for sure. We're wore out and were happy to be home, but it was quite an experience for sure.

Wow! What a great set of pictures. Really makes you want to take a long trip too. I especially liked the ones on Route 66 in Arizona. Little ghost towns are all over that area and a real bit of old Americana.

Thanks for sharing! Great job!:2thumbs:

The Route 66 photos are my favorites for sure. My favorite picture is the Spyder parked at the old Phillips 66 station.

Good to see you guys when you were here. You missed a great BBQ, :D

It was great to be able to come by and visit with you and get to check out the RT. And thanks for trying to fix my fender, it was too far gone. Trying to decide what to do... keep it off and find another place for the plate when I get a new one or replace the fender brackets and put the fender back on. What do ya'll think? I kinda like the way it looks with the Corbin bags without the fender.

bjt
10-01-2009, 06:42 AM
Great pics. They have me thinking about doing a Route 66 ride sometime in the future. :thumbup:

SpyderGirl
10-01-2009, 10:01 AM
Great pics. They have me thinking about doing a Route 66 ride sometime in the future. :thumbup:

You should, it's awesome. And you'll be able to start and go the "right" direction... from Chicago. :)

RubyRed
10-01-2009, 10:25 AM
Nice pictures.

I hope I talk my hubs into getting me a spyder sometime soon. hehe :roflblack:

SpyderGirl
10-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Nice pictures.

I hope I talk my hubs into getting me a spyder sometime soon. hehe :roflblack:

Thanks Ruby. Just keep on bugging him, he'll come around. :)