PDA

View Full Version : New Product Coming Soon ESI Mirror Extensions

Magic Man
09-30-2009, 07:35 AM
We have just finished the design and production of our new ESI Spyder mirror extensions, and hope to have units ready for sale by mid Oct. :yes:

These extensions will not only move the mirriors out, but also up as well, allowing for a far greater view.

When designing these extensions we found that was as important to raise the mirror height as well as move them outward to truely improve the rearward view.

When designing these units we wanted the ESI Up & Out Extensions to incorporate as much "form" as they did "function." Inasmuch, the 3D design and CNC programing of these extensions took almost 10 months to get the fit and look just right.

The ESI Up & Out Extenssions are made of billet T6061 Aircraft grade aluminum and feature the latest 3D CNC machining and design techniques to produce a one piece core block with a smooth body blending design looking almost factory once installed with a textured black powder-coated finish. :ohyea:

The ESI Up & Out Extensions also incorporate the same 3 locking tabs in the base to hold the unit firmly inplace just like the stock mirriors do. No more having to tighten the bolts to the point of breaking to keep them from moving as these will now firmly lock into place just like like the stock mirriors. :clap:

The first set of pictures are of the extensions themselves. The last photo is of the stock mirror on one side and the ESI Up & Out Extension installed on the other. These extensions will move the mirror up almost 1.5 inches while moving them out a bit over 2.5 inches. :clap:

The ESI Up & Out Extensions will have an MSRP of $149.80 and should be availble to ship mid Oct.

We will be taking pre-orders for these units, and as an added bonus all pre-orders will receive FREE SHIPPING! :2thumbs:

So stop wondering just who, and what's coming up behind you, get your mirrors UP & Out and see for yourself. :thumbup:

MM

NancysToy
09-30-2009, 07:39 AM
Thanks, Evan! Just what the doctor ordered. I'll be calling you to pre-order as soon as I get back from PT.

Saluda
09-30-2009, 07:48 AM
Looking forward to the pictures.

widowmaker1
09-30-2009, 08:10 AM
I just posted my complaints about the BRP extensions. Glad to know you have been hard to work on improving them. I can't wait to see the pictures. Please post soon. If it is what I expect I will be placing my order!

Bersquack
09-30-2009, 08:19 AM
I just posted my complaints about the BRP extensions. Glad to know you have been hard to work on improving them. I can't wait to see the pictures. Please post soon. If it is what I expect I will be placing my order!

Where did you get BRP mirror extentions? To my knowledge, the only available mirror extentions are from Kewlmetal.

Can't wait for the pics!

BLACK WIDOW
09-30-2009, 08:26 AM
We have just finished the design and production of our new ESI Spyder mirror extensions, and hope to have units ready for sale by mid Oct. :yes:

These extensions will not only move the mirriors out, but also up as well, allowing for a far greater view.

When designing these extensions we found that was as important to raise the mirror height as well as move them outward to truely improve the rearward view.

When designing these units we wanted the ESI Up & Out Extensions to incorporate as much "form" as they did "function." Inasmuch, the 3D design and CNC programing of these extensions took almost 10 months to get the fit and look just right.

The ESI Up & Out Extenssions are made of billet T6061 Aircraft grade aluminum and feature the latest 3D CNC machining and design techniques to produce a one piece core block with a smooth body blending design looking almost factory once installed with a textured black powder-coated finish. :ohyea:

The ESI UP & Out Extensions also incorporate the same 3 locking tabs in the base to hold the unit firmly inplace just like the stock mirriors do. No more having to tighten the bolts to the point of breaking to keep them from moving as these will now firmly lock into place just like like the stock mirriors. :clap:

We hope to have some pictures posted later today of both the units and of the SE5 with them installed.

The ESI UP & Out Extensions will have an MSRP of $149.80 and should be availble to ship mid Oct.

We will be taking pre-orders for these units, and as an added bonus all pre-orders will receive FREE SHIPPING! :2thumbs:

So stop wondering just who, and what's coming up behind you, get your mirrors UP & Out and see for yourself. :thumbup:

MM

DARN--Another "Must Have" from ESI :gaah:and just when I thought I had nearly all of them.:D

Michael;)

Firefly
09-30-2009, 09:07 AM
Can't wait to see them !!!

NautiBrit
09-30-2009, 09:12 AM
:2excited::clap:

Can't wait.

Firefly
09-30-2009, 09:14 AM
Where did you get BRP mirror extentions? To my knowledge, the only available mirror extentions are from Kewlmetal.

Can't wait for the pics!

She must mean the Kewlmetal ones --- BRP doesn't make any Mirror extensions. Maybe she got them from her dealer and just assumes they are BRP made??

smokster
09-30-2009, 09:21 AM

The ESI UP & Out Extensions also incorporate the same 3 locking tabs in the base to hold the unit firmly inplace just like the stock mirriors do. No more having to tighten the bolts to the point of breaking to keep them from moving as these will now firmly lock into place just like like the stock mirriors. :clap:

We hope to have some pictures posted later today of both the units and of the SE5 with them installed.

The ESI UP & Out Extensions will have an MSRP of $149.80 and should be availble to ship mid Oct.

MM
I have a problem when looking in mine now if one of the cars following me is a cop, Can you come up with one that will tell me?

Tom in NM
09-30-2009, 09:55 AM
I have a problem when looking in mine now if one of the cars following me is a cop, Can you come up with one that will tell me?

. . . . . just open the throttle all the way. That should "light up" any cop car behind ( or even in front) of you. Simple. No mods required. Easy. Not cheap. :D

Tom

SPYDERPOPS
09-30-2009, 10:29 AM
Victoria was refering to the Kewl Metal extensions she saw on my Spyder. I guess she got confused about who made them.

Way to go Guys, a much needed item for sure!

Skidz
09-30-2009, 11:13 AM
Sounds like a great product; I am looking forward to some pics. Can you tell us how much they move the mirrors out and up from the stock position?

Skidz

smokster
09-30-2009, 11:14 AM
. . . . . just open the throttle all the way. That should "light up" any cop car behind ( or even in front) of you. Simple. No mods required. Easy. Not cheap. :D

Tom
I will keep that in mind. Here in CA, you might see me on one of those car chase scenes.

Firefly
09-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Do these come with cable extenders for the blinkers--- or aren't they moving enough to need them?

I know with my Kewlmetal ones I could barely get the wires to stretch and still work.

Can you tell us how far up and out they are from stock?

NancysToy
09-30-2009, 04:14 PM
Looking good, Evan! Looking forward to receiving one of the first sets. Glad I pre-ordered today. Keep those brain cells churning on our behalf. We love ya!

Lamonster
09-30-2009, 04:29 PM
Do these come with cable extenders for the blinkers--- or aren't they moving enough to need them?

I know with my Kewlmetal ones I could barely get the wires to stretch and still work.

If you pop out the gauge cluster you might have to cut a zip tie or two but there is more than enough wire in there.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4192&d=1254341406

wyliec
09-30-2009, 04:30 PM

He mentions up 1 1/2" and out 2 1/2" in his post. Maybe he added it after you asked.

Magic Man
09-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Q) Do these come with cable extenders for the blinkers--- or aren't they moving enough to need them? I know with my Kewlmetal ones I could barely get the wires to stretch and still work.

A) Behind the cluster the cables for the turn signals are really very, very long. So long in fact that BRP has them running in some cable holders to use up the slack so length won't be aproblem at all.

Q) Can you tell us how far up and out they are from stock?

A) They raise the mirriors up almost 1.5 inches and go out about 2.5 inches. :thumbup:

MM

Tom in NM
09-30-2009, 05:33 PM
. . . . these won't work for Nick, in order to fix his floppy mirrors, he welded his. :D

Tom

TonyMac
09-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Silly question :joke:

Anyone else with Kewl Metal extensions thinking about swapping? Those extensions did a pretty good job moving them out. I was wondering if out and up would be even better. Thoughts?

DynamoBT
09-30-2009, 06:24 PM
Looks like a real quality product. On the list for next year's additions.

jnt
09-30-2009, 06:51 PM
You guys are awesome!!!:ohyea::2thumbs:

Skidz
09-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Looks like you have an awesome product here; I will for sure be ordering. I looked on your site for pre-ordering info, and was able to locate anything. Can you provide a link, or let us know how we can pre-order?

Thanks,
Skidz

Magic Man
09-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Looks like you have an awesome product here; I will for sure be ordering. I looked on your site for pre-ordering info, and was able to locate anything. Can you provide a link, or let us know how we can pre-order?

Thanks,
Skidz

As with all our products, it will not be on the site until it is in stock as internet orders charge the card when placed, and we do not like taking anybodys money until we have items to ship.

But feel free to call the order desk @ (518) 527-9722 and get your name on the pre-order list.

MM

burg650
09-30-2009, 08:03 PM
How will these fit with the stock outside cover.

Firefly
09-30-2009, 08:34 PM
Q) Do these come with cable extenders for the blinkers--- or aren't they moving enough to need them? I know with my Kewlmetal ones I could barely get the wires to stretch and still work.

A) Behind the cluster the cables for the turn signals are really very, very long. So long in fact that BRP has them running in some cable holders to use up the slack so length won't be aproblem at all.

Q) Can you tell us how far up and out they are from stock?

A) They raise the mirriors up almost 1.5 inches and go out about 2.5 inches. :thumbup:

MM

Thanks for the info---- will take a closer look at them---- The look better than the kewlmetal ones I currently have.:thumbup:

WackyDan
09-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Oh yes... I will have these.

Neez
09-30-2009, 11:34 PM
I've got the BRP 23 inch touring shield. Will there be any problem with the mirrors staying clear of the wide area at the bottom of the shield?

Tom in NM
10-01-2009, 09:09 AM
Looks like a real quality product. On the list for next year's additions.

I think you meant "addictions". :D

Tom

widowmaker1
10-01-2009, 12:25 PM
I am also asking about the use of these with the touring windshield.

While they are a definite improvement I sure would like to see a complete arm replacement rather than the extension.

Magic Man
10-01-2009, 12:56 PM
I am also asking about the use of these with the touring windshield.

While they are a definite improvement I sure would like to see a complete arm replacement rather than the extension.

Problem is the cost to make a whole longer arm would put these way outside of what most people could afford to, or would want to spend doing this.

Reason being, making an arm this long with all the complex contours, that also has to have a hollow pathway inside for wires would not be cheap if even at all possiable to CNC. Unfortunatly there also would not be enough demand to cover the huge costs to make these kind of expensive molds, (as the left and right arms are different) if you were to try to cast them as did BRP.

MM

Motza
10-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Hello Evan,

Will these fit with the new 25" BRP ultra touring windshield?

Thanks

Magic Man
10-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Hello Evan,

Will these fit with the new 25" BRP ultra touring windshield?

Thanks

Don"t know. But can't really think of a reason that they would not as there should be enough clearance.

MM

SpyderByter
10-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Silly question :joke:

Anyone else with Kewl Metal extensions thinking about swapping? Those extensions did a pretty good job moving them out. I was wondering if out and up would be even better. Thoughts?

I have the Kewlmetal ext's. They did make a big difference in the usefulness of my mirrors. I don't know if they need to go up as well as out, but I can see from the photos that these fit the style of the Spyder better. Mine are a bit boxy looking.

Roaddog2
10-01-2009, 06:50 PM
I have the Kewlmetal ext's. They did make a big difference in the usefulness of my mirrors. I don't know if they need to go up as well as out, but I can see from the photos that these fit the style of the Spyder better. Mine are a bit boxy looking.:agree:These appear to look alot cleaner looking :ani29:

Tom in NM
10-01-2009, 06:53 PM
I will keep that in mind. Here in CA, you might see me on one of those car chase scenes.

Again?! :yikes:

Tom

Magic Man
10-01-2009, 07:11 PM
I have the Kewlmetal ext's. I don't know if they need to go up as well as out, but I can see from the photos that these fit the style of the Spyder better. Mine are a bit boxy looking.

You would beter understand once you sat on a Spyder that has them up as well as just out.

The difference is well worth having. :thumbup:

MM

NancysToy
10-01-2009, 07:21 PM
You would beter understand once you sat on a Spyder that has them up as well as just out.

The difference is well worth having. :thumbup:

MM
I agree, and I haven't even sat on one yet. I avoided the "Brand X" extensions because they would merely have showed a little less of the grips, rather than giving a relatively clear field of view. Our hands are in the very center of the mirrors since the risers were installed. Good complement to ESI riser product, IMO.

draboo
10-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Being the geezer that I am, I can't remember what the mirrors were like before I installed NMN's 4" risers.

But presently, my hands are right in the middle of the mirrors. I m speculating that these 'stenders will alleviate this problem,plus allow a better view overall. :2thumbs:

Questions
10-02-2009, 12:15 PM
With my BRP 25" Touring windshield the mirror arms are within an eighth inch of hitting the bottom edge of the shield. The Kewlmetal extenders don't change this, but it sure looks like there is no room for anything that goes up as well as out. Can you verify that the Up&Out extensions would clear my windshield without causing a problem?

Magic Man
10-02-2009, 12:45 PM
With my BRP 25" Touring windshield the mirror arms are within an eighth inch of hitting the bottom edge of the shield. The Kewlmetal extenders don't change this, but it sure looks like there is no room for anything that goes up as well as out. Can you verify that the Up&Out extensions would clear my windshield without causing a problem?

Sorry we can't as we do not use the BRP 25 inch shield.

However, they do work very well with the CHAD windshield of which we are the US distributor for.

I don't know if these will work with your shield until we finally get a chance to see a Spyder with one of these on it, which we have not yet benn able to come accross.

But, unfortunatly sometimes you are not able to have everybody's aftermarket items (BRP's aftermarket sheild and our aftermarket extensions) on every bike evrytime.

MM

SSPSpyder
10-02-2009, 01:53 PM
Will you take the Kewlmetal extensions as trade-ins?:roflblack: I think I know the answer already!

Magic Man
10-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Will you take the Kewlmetal extensions as trade-ins?:roflblack: I think I know the answer already!

Sure we will! But I don't think you'll like the trade allowance though. :shocked:

MM

Motza
10-02-2009, 04:30 PM

However, they do work very well with the CHAD windshield of which we are the US distributor for.

I don't know if these will work with your shield until we finally get a chance to see a Spyder with one of these on it, which we have not yet benn able to come accross.

But, unfortunatly sometimes you are not able to have everybody's aftermarket items (BRP's aftermarket sheild and our aftermarket extensions) on every bike evrytime.

MM
Evan, would you be willing to check out a Spyder with the 25" BRP windshield and let us know how it fits?
If so then we'll find someone to donate their Spyder for the day
(for mankind) and science...

Remember, where ever you go, there you are.

Thanks, Motza :D

the nicko
10-02-2009, 04:42 PM
nice:2thumbs:

Magic Man
10-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Evan, would you be willing to check out a Spyder with the 25" BRP windshield and let us know how it fits?

Thanks, Motza :D

We could look at one for sure when the chance comes around.

But as of now have not run accross one of these yet. :dontknow:

MM

Questions
10-02-2009, 06:44 PM

MM

Thanks for the quick response. Guess I'll wait until I know for sure. Looks like a great product.

I was really hoping to try every aftermarket item ever made (like Lamonster).

It's a small world....but I wouldn't want to paint it.

bjt
10-02-2009, 07:07 PM
...I was really hoping to try every aftermarket item ever made (like Lamonster)...

:roflblack:

He's had a lot of stuff on his Spyder but not all at the same time. :spyder:

Motza
10-02-2009, 10:30 PM
We could look at one for sure when the chance comes around.

But as of now have not run accross one of these yet. :dontknow:

MM
I wonder if I can get a hold of a BRP windshield from a local dealer, my neighbor works in the parts dept. there.
I'll check it out. :popcorn:

Magic Man
10-03-2009, 10:19 AM
I will keep an eye out in Daytona week after next at Octoberfest and see if I can find one there to measure? :thumbup:

MM

rnet
10-03-2009, 11:57 AM

Thanks, Motza :DEvan I am only about 60 miles away from you if you would like to try out and take your pictures. I could probably come up late next week. I have the 23" BRP, but the only differance is the height not the width. PM me if your interested.

jvicker
10-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Did some measuring and took a pix(not the best pix). I do NOT have any risers. The dot in the mirror represents the bottom right corner of the mirror if you were to add MagicMans extentions. 1.5" up and 2.5" out. Looks like I'll never see my hands again.:clap:

Magic Man
10-04-2009, 08:54 AM
Did some measuring and took a pix(not the best pix). I do NOT have any risers. The dot in the mirror represents the bottom right corner of the mirror if you were to add MagicMans extentions. 1.5" up and 2.5" out. Looks like I'll never see my hands again.:clap:

Do you have risers? :dontknow:

MM

NewRider
10-04-2009, 09:51 AM
I think you meant "addictions". :D

Tom

Ain't that the truth?;) Seriously, a great plus for safety.:2thumbs:

Magic Man
10-05-2009, 07:12 AM
Jody and Suzy really got a chance to do a longer ride on the SE5 yesterday, and both he and Suzy said they worked so much better than stock it was great. They say that now they can finally "see" behind them. :thumbup:

MM