PDA

View Full Version : This is pretty cool

Lamonster
09-30-2009, 07:26 AM
Wish they had this on the RS.

Notice they have a ground wire on the coil on the SM model too.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=494&pictureid=6373

GaryTheBadger
09-30-2009, 08:25 AM
Headlight adjusters?

Lamonster
09-30-2009, 08:47 AM
Headlight adjusters?
yep :thumbup:

BumbleBee
09-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Headlight adjusters?

I am glad you knew what you were looking at. I had no idea :yikes:

widowmaker1
09-30-2009, 09:49 AM
I'm with you Bumble Bee! I tried and tried to figure out what LB and HB would stand for. Glad to see one of you mechanical minded people could help us out. :D

BumbleBee
09-30-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm with you Bumble Bee! I tried and tried to figure out what LB and HB would stand for. Glad to see one of you mechanical minded people could help us out. :D

lowbeams and highbeams :clap:,
no mechanical clue here:hun:

CSX4350
05-16-2010, 06:20 PM
The forum strikes again!

I picked up my new RT-S yesterday and found once the sun set that the headlights are WAY too low. The owners manual does not show these adjusters and I couldn't find what they were showing. I checked the forum and voila, Lamont had the answer for me without even having to ask. Thanks again.

I just want to know why you have a seperate low & high beam adjustment when both are the same light? I have only one LB adjuster.

ThreeWheels
05-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Yeah. What he said. The hi/low beam on my spyder is rellly weird. It works, but it's weird. Ther seems to be a mechanical shutter that cuts off the top half of the beam to make the low beam setting. High beams are the total field of light.
Separate hi/low lights make more sense to me.

NancysToy
05-16-2010, 09:37 PM
Yeah. What he said. The hi/low beam on my spyder is really weird. It works, but it's weird. Ther seems to be a mechanical shutter that cuts off the top half of the beam to make the low beam setting. High beams are the total field of light.
Separate hi/low lights make more sense to me.
The shutter system on the North American Spyder headlights works just the way you described it. The Euro Spyders have low beams where our optional foglights fit, and high beams where our headlights are. Different regulations, different systems.

Wheeler~
05-17-2010, 10:27 AM
What compartment are these located???

If I remember right it's behind the motor oil skin.

CSX4350
05-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Page 116 of the owners manual shows it as "middle side panel". The left adjuster is behind the left panel, the right is under the right panel.

When you put the panels back on make sure you get the panel hook at the front of each panel behind the corresponding piece it goes behind, or you could lose the panel while driving. My right side panel wasn't installed properly from the dealer, but I was lucky and it didn't fall off.

What compartment are these located???