PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Removed the Left Hand Multifunction Switch? Help?!?

oldspyder
01-07-2022, 11:14 AM
I have a 2018 Spyder RTL I bought in 2020, they say a backorder for a new switch will be in March sometime. So, I bought a new one on Ebay. Has anybody in this forum replaced their switch? I have started and looks like a lot of plastic has to be removed just to get to the wiring.

Thanks for any help,
ron

IdahoMtnSpyder
01-07-2022, 02:11 PM
I have a 2018 Spyder RTL I bought in 2020, they say a backorder for a new switch will be in March sometime. So, I bought a new one on Ebay. Has anybody in this forum replaced their switch? I have started and looks like a lot of plastic has to be removed just to get to the wiring.

Thanks for any help,
ron

If you haven't already I strongly recommend you buy a service manual for your Spyder. Go to www.canammanuals.com. It has step by step instructions for doing projects such as this. It'll be some of the best $30 you'll ever spend on your bike.

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-07-2022, 04:54 PM
If you haven't already I strongly recommend you buy a service manual for your Spyder. Go to www.canammanuals.com. It has step by step instructions for doing projects such as this. It'll be some of the best $30 you'll ever spend on your bike.

:agree: ...... but until it arrives, you can see all the parts involved by looking at a FICHE' ( like at cheapcycleparts .com ) .....good luck ... Mike :thumbup:

PMK
01-07-2022, 06:22 PM
Pretty sure, when ours was replaced under warranty, the shop removed the entire upper console. This allowed them to get easier access to routing wires and to the connector. Because of all the bodywork removed, and then raising and removing the top center console, it was about a 4 hour job.

gkamer
01-07-2022, 06:33 PM

Thanks for any help,
ron

Mine went Tango Uniform on me. Took it to the dealer in Oct to be replaced under warranty. Seventy nine days later, still waiting. The good news we had hit with a good snow storm, so I couldn't ride it even if I wanted. So I guess they can hang on to it till spring. :)

For all I know it's still sitting in a container on a ship someplace off the west coast. From what I was told electronic components come out of Asia and the supply chain fiasco is hurting everyone.

Grandpot
01-07-2022, 09:37 PM
I've done it on a 2012 RTS. It's a big job, but not too difficult. The upper console needs to be tilted forward, but does not have to be removed. Get the manual. It has excellent step by step instructions.