PDA

View Full Version : BumbleBee's RT-S PE

BumbleBee
09-29-2009, 05:02 PM
I drove out to CowTown USA in Cuba, MO today to meet with Fred Rau on his whirlwind multi-state RT-S demonstration tour. I spent 4 hours visiting and discussing the new 2010 Spyder RT-S with Fred Rau (Elite5 member/Motorcycle Professional) and Tracy Simmons (BRP Tech/District Sales Manager). Had a wonderful time talking about the new features and Fred's travels. You were right "Lamonster" he is a great guy, and I did say hi to him for you!
Oh by the way, during all this, I put down my deposit for my RT-S PE!:clap:
I was the first to place my pre-order at CowTown USA.
Won't be delivered till January, in the meantime I will be a nervous wreck.
Check-out my photo album for pictures of today's event.

Lamonster
09-29-2009, 05:04 PM
:congrats::clap::ohyea:

geargrinder
09-29-2009, 05:53 PM
So what are all the things did you find out today Bumble Bee.
I found out my dealer does all the upgrades not BRP so I can get what I want when I want them put on so thats a good thing I thought I was going to have to get all this stuff put on when I ordered it

DynamoBT
09-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Mucho :congrats: I take it seeing was believing??!!!!:D

Mo Lee
09-29-2009, 05:56 PM
:dontknow: But it isn't yellow, of course you could paint yellow stripes and it would really look like a bumblebee.:congrats:

NancysToy
09-29-2009, 06:12 PM
:congrats: There was no doubt in my mind you would take the plunge. Hope our discussions helped some. Very pleased that you were satisfied when you saw and sat on it in person. Since I have not, that is a relief for me.

BumbleBee
09-29-2009, 06:38 PM
I met another spyderlover while in CowTown named kcmess. He might want to add something here about that day! I hope he will reply to this.

Bersquack
09-29-2009, 06:40 PM
:congrats:

BumbleBee
09-29-2009, 06:49 PM
So what are all the things did you find out today Bumble Bee.
I found out my dealer does all the upgrades not BRP so I can get what I want when I want them put on so thats a good thing I thought I was going to have to get all this stuff put on when I ordered it

Not sure what you mean exactly. When you order your RT, you can order the extra options at the time when you want. Some of the options you can add on later, but it would be cheaper to order them right away. I am not a mechanic, so I would have my dealer put it all on, that's labor cost for me. If I didn't answer your question let me know!

BumbleBee
09-29-2009, 06:55 PM
Seeing it in person, feeling, touching, and sitting on it, was a feeling I can't describe. I was drooling big time :ohyea:It was great.

"Mo Lee" Mine will come in sometime in January. I will have it painted by the dealer then. The main color will stay black, having yellow stripes (kind of highlighting it). A BumbleBee's dominate color is black, so this works out great for me. Having this done before I bring it home. :roflblack:

As always, CowTown people are great, and the best customer service. :thumbup:

BumbleBee
09-29-2009, 06:59 PM
:congrats: There was no doubt in my mind you would take the plunge. Hope our discussions helped some. Very pleased that you were satisfied when you saw and sat on it in person. Since I have not, that is a relief for me.

You were a great help!! Thanks!! I would of went for the plunge anyway, seeing it first, that made my decision 100%. You are going to love it. :thumbup:

Also big thanks to Lamonster for posting everything about the RT, I can see why he was drooling over it :thumbup:

kcmess
09-30-2009, 03:56 PM
Hi BumbleBee!

We are Kevin & Cheri Messerli (kcmess) we live in California, Missouri.

BumbleBee
09-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Hi BumbleBee!

We are Kevin & Cheri Messerli (kcmess) we live in California, Missouri.

Hi! Was nice meeting you on Tuesday.

Mo Lee
09-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Well since BumbleBee ordered the new larger, fancier and more accessorized RT does this mean once she takes delivery and has the yellow accents painted on it do you think she plans on changing her handle to QueenBee instead of BumbleBee :bowdown: In all seriousness I've seen her in action and she does a great job promoting Spyders, maybe she is worthy of the title :ohyea: Enjoyed our get together today and remember I owe you and Don lunch.

BumbleBee
09-30-2009, 06:42 PM
Well since BumbleBee ordered the new larger, fancier and more accessorized RT does this mean once she takes delivery and has the yellow accents painted on it do you think she plans on changing her handle to QueenBee instead of BumbleBee :bowdown: In all seriousness I've seen her in action and she does a great job promoting Spyders, maybe she is worthy of the title :ohyea: Enjoyed our get together today and remember I owe you and Don lunch.

Nope, not going to happen, not changing my name, this Bee is not going to change, maybe more and longer travel time. :f_spider: BumbleBee suits me just fine. :clap:
Enjoyed our get together a lot, I am sure glad you were able to make it. You don't owe us anything, your friendship means the world to us. You are a great guy :thumbup:

But watch out, I owe you one to now :roflblack:

DannyS
09-30-2009, 08:24 PM
:congrats: wish you well on the new bee

Brevet05
09-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Bumblebee,

Congrats on your new purchase! I'm sure you'll have a great experience touring on that fine machine.:2thumbs:

barb36jack31
10-04-2009, 08:42 PM
I continue to be impressed with the loyalty of the Spyder riders. However, with all the unresolved issues with the original production run of SM and SEs, I cannot imagine putting money down on the new RT that is still in pre-production mode. In more than 60 years of riding, I have less confidence with this machine than anything else I have ever owned. I still enjoy riding the Spyder, but I just don't trust it at all. Let's hope I am all wrong and it will run forever!

RYDRS
10-04-2009, 08:49 PM
:agree: