PDA

View Full Version : has anyone tried to

Roger
09-29-2009, 11:10 AM
mount a cherry bomb exhaust on their bike wonder what that would sound like? :2thumbs: they have one in glass pack that i think would fit.

rmcaskey
10-01-2009, 06:28 AM
Nothing good has ever come from anything starting with "Has anyone ever tried to..." It ranks right up there with "I wonder what would happen if....", and "Hold my beer and watch this..."

:trike: :roflblack:

Bersquack
10-01-2009, 08:04 AM
Nothing good has ever come from anything starting with "Has anyone ever tried to..." It ranks right up there with "I wonder what would happen if....", and "Hold my beer and watch this..."

:agree::agree::agree::roflblack:

Roger
10-01-2009, 09:02 AM
My bad although i hope you for give me but i'am on pain pills.
will write 100x's " I WILL WRITE DOWN MY QUESTION BEFORE POSTING" :roflblack:

NancysToy
10-01-2009, 09:28 AM

Maybe nothing good, but almost always something entertaining! :2thumbs: Seriously, it's a valid question. I suspect that it would be little better than a straight pipe, though.

rmcaskey
10-01-2009, 02:13 PM
I HAVE BEEN MISUNDERSTOOD !!!! I was trying to be humorous.

:opps:

Some of my fondest memories [excluding the pain] have resulted from situations where I , or someone else, said something like "I wonder what would happen if I.....", or "This might not be a good idea, but I'm going to......".

One of my late Dad's favorite saying was, "I told the boy it wasn't a good idea, but he's all grown up. And it does make a good story."

If it wasn't for clueless curiosity, we would never have landed on the moon. Of course, we also would never have developed the atomic bomb, but you have to take the good with the bad.

:joke:

Roger
10-02-2009, 11:57 AM
I was going to direct this question towards you but then decided to put it to the masses. I did not think this idea was ever put out their. now i did go on their site and i tried to picture it on the spyder and i'am not to sure of the look but nothing a little paint or a chrome tip can't help?

rmcaskey i know it was all in fun not offended at all. After all you wont know the answer if you don't ask.

NancysToy
10-02-2009, 01:32 PM
I was going to direct this question towards you but then decided to put it to the masses. I did not think this idea was ever put out their. now i did go on their site and i tried to picture it on the spyder and i'am not to sure of the look but nothing a little paint or a chrome tip can't help?
I think you could get the look to similar to the old Triumph pipes (without the chrome), but the Cherry Bombs are straight through glass packs. On a motorcycle, with a comparatively low volume of exhaust gas, it would perform pretty much as a large straight pipe...in effect no muffler at all. Even if it did allow enough back pressure for the engine to run well with the O2 sensor and the limits of the ECU, it would likely be very, very loud. Would also very likely require fuel system modifications to compensate. Lots of trial and error. If you want an opinion on out-of-the-box exhaust systems, maybe Atadude would be the best one to get ask.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=129&pictureid=938

Love2Ride
10-02-2009, 01:40 PM

Don't care where you're from, that there's funny! :roflblack:

Roger
10-02-2009, 08:10 PM
That seems to make sence about the back pressure. I think the hindle is as about as loud as i want anyway any more than that is just being obnoxious imho. iknow their are people who like it louder thats fine for them. i like the triumph and those pea shooters. i had a honda cb350 with something simular then switched over to some scrambler pipes which i was not to sure of at first but they grew on me.