PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in Arizona wanting to know Next Spyder quest/festival or info.

Markpenn
12-20-2021, 09:15 AM
New to the Spyder world. I live in the mountains Northeast Arizona and hands on, person to person info is non existent. I have reached out to "Spyder insyder" who lives in Payson, Az.; 50 miles from me, but he hasn't been active since 6/21? I now Ride a Goldwing and want to move into a Rt basic. Anyway if you want to know about a toy ask somebody that owns one or as a friend once told me. If you REALLY want to know the bottom line ask someone that HAS owned one, LOL. Dealers in Arizona scarce, but IMHO correct, knowledgeable info would probably be limited. Totally understandable their livelihood is to sell. So thinking most info one could obtain would be at a rally where hundreds of Spyder lovers of all configurations would be and passionate about their sport. After doing some research with limited Spyder knowledge I'm leaning towards a 2020 RT basic. Regards and thanks in advance for any input you may have. Regards Mark

RICZ
12-20-2021, 12:00 PM
I have a friend, Tom, also in Payson, who bought a Spyder for his wife. He thoroughly checked it out to learn how to ride it so he could coach her. During the process, he'd keep me posted. He said one thing that really got mu attention: This thing goes around curves faster than my bike. We both rode Victorys at that time and they handle exceedingly well. So I tried one out and was hooked. The learning curve was long and steep after 67 years on two wheels, but now that I am dialed in, I will never go back to two wheeling - a Spyder is THAT MUCH FUN!
Here's Tom's email - tell him RicZ sent you. vindex1963@hotmail.com
Good luck.

gkamer
12-20-2021, 12:10 PM
In my opinion the 2020 RT would be a good choice. Coming off a Goldwing, the RT would be a good choice for long haul touring. The basic does not quite have all the bells and whistles of say an RT Limited, but it won't come with the RT Limited price tag either. :roflblack:

I have a 2018 RT Limited and love pretty much everything about it, not counting the audio system which I think leaves a lot to be desired.

Navydad
12-20-2021, 12:20 PM
Although mine is a 2015RT it is the basic model and has served me well for alsmost 50K miles. I don't miss and really don't want some of the upgrades ?? that came on the limited.

UtahPete
12-20-2021, 01:00 PM
I think your question was where and when is the next large gathering of Spyders. I think the next such will be in April in Alabama. The Spyder events have been somewhat limited the past couple of years.

Your best bet is probably to attend an upcoming scheduled ride of a Spyder riding group. There are a couple in the greater Phoenix area and they seem to use Facebook as an organizing and communication tool.

There is a national Spyder organization called Spyder Ryders of America with a website that might have some useful information.

Spyder riding groups tend to be small and informal. Nothing like the GWRRA, from what I understand.