PDA

View Full Version : Accessories

geargrinder
09-28-2009, 02:04 PM
So what are the best accessories to get on a RT whats your opinion.
I would like to have an com system is the one is in the Rt good or is there one I should look at first .I want one that works with the whole set up on the Rt :dontknow:

NancysToy
09-28-2009, 02:41 PM
I bought without any accessories at all, but the RT-S already has most of the bells and whistles. Considered the CB/Comm option, but I am used to our Starcom1 systems and have no use for the CB, so decided to stick with Starcom. I'm not sure what you mean by "works with the whole system on the RT", but the only system that is going to be integrated at all will be the BRP system. It is not designed to work with other comm systems. As far as integration, there probably isn't much, volume control mostly. Don't know if the comm system mutes the speakers, it might. Fred Rau says the BRP GPS will work through both the speakers and the comm system headsets. The GPS is also Bluetooth compatible if you are already so equipped. Keep in mind that the BRP comm system is a wired system, not wireless. You will also have to purchase either the BRP wired helmets or the passenger and driver headsets. That was the kicker for me. Our helmets are already wired for the Starcom1 headsets, which are not likely to be compatible. Just as easy for me to wire the RT for my Starcom. You may also need an additional wiring harness. That is not clear in the BRP online accessory catalog.

geargrinder
09-28-2009, 03:54 PM
:D:DHey am all new to this touring thing I know I want to be able to talk to my passenger and other bikes that am on tour with so I want the best system that I can get and I want something that works best with the RT .IT was my understanding that everything on the RT would work together so if the phone rings you can answer it if the gps says something you can hear it you know where am going with this so tell me what you think I don't mind wires I just want everthing to work and work well.

NancysToy
09-28-2009, 04:14 PM
I haven't seen anything that tells for certain whether you can answer your phone with this system. Lamont says the speakers cut out when the phone rings. With my Starcom, if the phone is set to auto-answer, you can answer it using the VOX (voice activated transmission) feature of the comm system if this happens. The Spyder system may work the same way, but there is no detailed information on it yet, according to my dealer. The CB will work for bike-to-bike if the others you travel with have comm systems with CB. It will not transmit bike-to-bike by itself for short distances like a Bluetooth system. Fred Rau has the system on his pre-production RT-S. You might try to contact him or get to one of the locations he is appearing at, as listed in his blog (http://blog.spyderfred.com/).

BillGargan
09-28-2009, 06:10 PM
I haven't seen anything that tells for certain whether you can answer your phone with this system. Lamont says the speakers cut out when the phone rings. With my Starcom, if the phone is set to auto-answer, you can answer it using the VOX (voice activated transmission) feature of the comm system if this happens. The Spyder system may work the same way, but there is no detailed information on it yet, according to my dealer. The CB will work for bike-to-bike if the others you travel with have comm systems with CB. It will not transmit bike-to-bike by itself for short distances like a Bluetooth system. Fred Rau has the system on his pre-production RT-S. You might try to contact him or get to one of the locations he is appearing at, as listed in his blog (http://blog.spyderfred.com/).

I cannot discover if you are referring to the Zumo 660 that BRP offers as an option with the RT.

I am using my Zumo 660 on my Spyder and in my car and it handles bluetooth communications with my BlackBerry perfectly.

I don't know why it would not work just as well with the RT. And, if I understand correctly, it will actually integrate with the audio system and go to the RT's speakers for even better listening.

NancysToy
09-28-2009, 07:49 PM
I cannot discover if you are referring to the Zumo 660 that BRP offers as an option with the RT.

I am using my Zumo 660 on my Spyder and in my car and it handles bluetooth communications with my BlackBerry perfectly.

I don't know why it would not work just as well with the RT. And, if I understand correctly, it will actually integrate with the audio system and go to the RT's speakers for even better listening.
I am not talking about the Spyder Zumo GPS system, which works via the Spyder RT speakers, the BRP comm system headphones, or Bluetooth. I hadn't thought of it, but with the GPS you could might be able to integrate with the phone. A Bluetooth equipped helmet might be a little tough to also operate with the BRP comm system, however, which has its own helmet speakers and mike. As I understood the questions, Geargrinder was asking about the BRP comm system, not the GPS.