PDA

View Full Version : test with the new street glide trike..

chris56
09-28-2009, 09:18 AM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/uptospeed/2009/09/harleydavidson-street-glide-trike.html

do you think that will become an alternative to the RT ??
chris

3wheeldemon
09-28-2009, 09:33 AM
They are quite different. If you are a HD fan getting tired or scared of two wheel riding, this is it. I saw one, it is beautiful. The article is very good at pointing out the limitations of the 2-wheel in the back trike. From this standpoint any objective buyer looking for a safe, fun ride would choose the RT.

Nice to see more manufacturer-made options for three wheelers. Good for everybody.

3WD

Bersquack
09-28-2009, 09:49 AM
It still has better gas mileage than our beloved spyders though!

Still I would not trade, I prefer the racy look and handling of the spyder!

Smylinacha
09-28-2009, 06:42 PM
I sat on one at Battlefield Harley in Gettysburg on Saturday - it was NICE!!!! I would get that before I got the RT.

Smylinacha
09-28-2009, 07:23 PM
Traitor!!!:gaah:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=510&pictureid=6385

You coaxed me into sitting on it! And you ooh'd and ahh'd over it as much as I did! It was comfy. I need to play lotto again and pray to the money Gods. That way I can keep my Spyder AND have one of those! Who is the Patron Saint of Cashola? Anyone?

DynamoBT
09-28-2009, 07:46 PM
You would honestly get that before the RT???? Wow. Well, you both have obviously had good luck with Harley Davidsons. They make a quality product. No doubt about that. But a single front wheeled trike over the RT. I'm stunned.

northramp
09-28-2009, 09:39 PM
I thought the patron saint of cashola was the Saint of Stunts from SoCal..but as tatt2r can tell the miracle deliveries of motor moola are running a :roflblack::roflblack: little late .

3wheeldemon
09-29-2009, 08:40 AM
Which one gives you a better chance to join "Sons of Anarchy"? :D

4165 4166

3WD

Blackwidow74
09-29-2009, 10:12 AM
If I did want to buy a touring bike, it would be RT for sure. RT is cheaper, weighs less, and much safer than a Harley trike. I love my SM5, I only put saddle bags on for long trips. To me it is like a 3 wheeled sport bike.:yes: RT looks great, just not for me. I would never buy a Harley trike.

tatt2r
09-29-2009, 10:35 AM
my buddy works at a harley dealership in mass ...a guy rolled one of these in the parking lot ....how fast could he have been going to roll it ???? my vote is for the RT... looks safety .....and just all the stuff....:D

Director
09-29-2009, 10:36 AM
You coaxed me into sitting on it! And you ooh'd and ahh'd over it as much as I did! It was comfy. I need to play lotto again and pray to the money Gods. That way I can keep my Spyder AND have one of those! Who is the Patron Saint of Cashola? Anyone?

According to WikiAnswers:

St. Matthew the apostle, once a tax collector, is patronage of financial matters.

So there you go, Kim! Direct your petitions to St. Matthew. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Bruce

tatt2r
09-29-2009, 10:40 AM
I thought the patron saint of cashola was the Saint of Stunts from SoCal..but as tatt2r can tell the miracle deliveries of motor moola are running a :roflblack::roflblack: little late .

AMEN....BROTHER:2thumbs:

Smylinacha
09-29-2009, 08:02 PM
You would honestly get that before the RT???? Wow. Well, you both have obviously had good luck with Harley Davidsons. They make a quality product. No doubt about that. But a single front wheeled trike over the RT. I'm stunned.

Well I don't like the TriGlide - not mean lookin enough for me but the StreetGlide - yep - I would seriously pick this over the RT. Why? Yes, I love Harleys and also they hold their value. Right now we don't know what the Spyder will do. If I wanted to trade mine in right now I can't get diddly squat for it to trade in for an RT or a Harley.

Don't get me wrong, I like my Spyder but it would never be a good trade towards anything. So I'm greedy and want both :2thumbs:

Smylinacha
09-29-2009, 08:03 PM
Sons of Anarchy.... can you say queer?! They aren't real bikers.

Which one gives you a better chance to join "Sons of Anarchy"? :D

4165 4166

3WD

Smylinacha
09-29-2009, 08:04 PM

:roflblack::thumbup:

Smylinacha
09-29-2009, 08:06 PM
my buddy works at a harley dealership in mass ...a guy rolled one of these in the parking lot ....how fast could he have been going to roll it ???? my vote is for the RT... looks safety .....and just all the stuff....:D

:yikes: In a parking lot??? Was he wasted or something?

Smylinacha
09-29-2009, 08:07 PM
I'm gonna Bruce! Thanks for the answer!
Hey, I buried St. Joseph in my back yard and sold my house quick - that worked.

According to WikiAnswers:

St. Matthew the apostle, once a tax collector, is patronage of financial matters.

So there you go, Kim! Direct your petitions to St. Matthew. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Bruce

Roaddog2
09-29-2009, 08:23 PM
I sat on one at Battlefield Harley in Gettysburg on Saturday - it was NICE!!!! I would get that before I got the RT.:agree:Sat on it right after her but I figure 3 years before I wear out the :spyder:and did alot of motor work to H-D and Mods also so have to get my moneys worth first out of both plan on test riding one soon but staying out of local dealers beacause I also have the hots for the new Roadglide Custom my Boss :cus:rd just ordered one Black Denim :ohyea:

Smylinacha
09-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Yep - going to the dealer is like walking into the candy store with a major sweet tooth. I gotta stay away from HD aftger Battlefield.

Also gotta stay off the BRP website looking at the RT's in there too.

Gotta keep mine since it runs just fine and try to tour it out. Just wish I could put REAL TUNES on it that like sound GOOD - haven't figured that one out yet.

:agree:Sat on it right after her but I figure 3 years before I wear out the :spyder:and did alot of motor work to H-D and Mods also so have to get my moneys worth first out of both plan on test riding one soon but staying out of local dealers beacause I also have the hots for the new Roadglide Custom my Boss :cus:rd just ordered one Black Denim :ohyea:

Firefly
09-29-2009, 09:29 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/uptospeed/2009/09/harleydavidson-street-glide-trike.html

do you think that will become an alternative to the RT ??
chris

It looks like it's missing a rear---- don't like the look at all.

NancysToy
09-30-2009, 07:07 AM
Actually, I prefer it over the Tri-Glide. The looks remind me of my old Harley Servicar. In the old days riding a Servicar would often get you teased for being a "meter maid." I'll bet that attitude changes now with the current Harley-mania.

3wheeldemon
09-30-2009, 09:48 AM
Actually, ... In the old days riding a Servicar would often get you teased for being a "meter maid." ...

You got a point!:roflblack:

http://www.lst1090.org/scooter/must_018.jpg

3WD

Smylinacha
09-30-2009, 01:27 PM

If you stuck the tour pack on the back it would look better - that is what I would do

Roaddog2
09-30-2009, 09:34 PM
If you stuck the tour pack on the back it would look better - that is what I would doAnd you can :thumbup:

ptoemmes
10-01-2009, 08:21 AM
From what I have read on the Harley Boards the 2010 HD trikes - which the SG variant is one - and maybe the entire 2010 Touring line (but the trikes have the 103) have an imbedded cat in the cross over with before-and-after O2 sensors.

From comments I'd say we don't know what HOT and lean is and HDs since about 2006 have been very hot and gotten hotter. PC to the HD rescue and few cat-elim pipes on the way. :chill:

But, yes she's sweet - the trike too. :opps:

Pete