PDA

View Full Version : Riding season over .... Skiing begins

BLUEKNIGHT911
12-01-2021, 07:10 PM
Well today was my second day on the slopes ..... I am in PAIN .... I try to get in ski shape before it begins, but as usual the only thing that works is SKI-ing..... One of the problems is , there are no easy slopes at this time of year, they can only put snow on the highest & longest trails ..... The pain will pass and also lessen ( I hope :pray: ) ..... Enjoy what you can till the Spyders come out ...... Mike :thumbup:

RapidSpyder
12-01-2021, 08:18 PM
No snow up here yet.

Wmoater
12-01-2021, 08:39 PM
We’ve had over 24 inches in November. It started raining today and all day tomorrow with 50’s tomorrow. First 50’s in over 30 days. It’s heading your way so enjoy. They can make snow at 28 at nights but it’s will be turning mash potato if that rain hits you Saturday. Everyone was making snow for bases over here but all the guns turned off yesterday. We’ll see.

Snakeyes
12-01-2021, 08:47 PM
Well today was my second day on the slopes ..... I am in PAIN .... I try to get in ski shape before it begins, but as usual the only thing that works is SKI-ing..... One of the problems is , there are no easy slopes at this time of year, they can only put snow on the highest & longest trails ..... The pain will pass and also lessen ( I hope :pray: ) ..... Enjoy what you can till the Spyders come out ...... Mike :thumbup:

Be careful Mike - we don't heal as fast as we use to :2thumbs:

canamjhb
12-01-2021, 09:57 PM
Be careful Mike. I remember 40 or 50 years ago using something called a Bongo Board to get into ski condition prior to the beginning of skiing season. I think I would kill myself trying one out today. I wish my broken down body still had the ability to ski. Too much rodeo and falling off horses in my younger years has taken its toll. Go slow and enjoy..... Jim

Arion
12-01-2021, 10:01 PM
No snow down here in San Antonio just yet. Last year we did have some seriously cold weather (for this area) and enough snow to bring the city to a grinding halt. Our Fiat Abarth stood shivering in the driveway for several days as you can see.

Today we had plenty of sun and pleasant mid-70s temperatures. Being a good husband, I couldn't resist taking my wife's Sea to Sky for a ramble today while she was busy with a very long meeting most of the day. See how considerate I am taking care of her Spyder while she's otherwise occupied!

Little Blue
12-02-2021, 03:19 AM
:ohyea: Hey Mike, I am going to send 95% of my Indiana Snow out your way. .......:coffee: .....stay safe. ..:thumbup:

Saluda
12-02-2021, 08:08 AM
Be careful Mike - we don't heal as fast as we use to :2thumbs:

X 2. Recently reminded of that fact.

Lew L
12-05-2021, 11:55 AM

Storms are supposed to hit this week out west. I can't wait!!!!!

Lew L

Motorcycledave
12-05-2021, 12:25 PM

Skiing ? Snow ? what's that ? I have to go mow my lawn now....

vito1943
12-06-2021, 01:13 PM
I miss being able to ski. I didn't take up the sport until I was in my mid 30's, and enjoyed it whenever possible until I had to have both knees replaced. The orthopedic surgeon who replaced my knees said while I could walk or bike ride as much as I wanted to do, two activities were no longer part of my live, running and skiing. The running would pound the prosthetic knees into mush, and skiing would be too risky in terms of twisting my knee joints. Even after this surgery I held onto my skis and boots and poles for several years before fully accepting that I was no longer capable of enjoying this sport.