PDA

View Full Version : My dealer has cut back...

NewRider
09-27-2009, 04:42 PM
Well, I hope I don't regret buying my Spyder. My local BRP dealer has laid off two salesmen, the head of the service department and another employee. This is definitely a worrisome situation.:gaah:

proudcoppop
09-29-2009, 10:42 AM
Was that Action in Lafayette?

NewRider
09-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Was that Action in Lafayette?

Yup...unfortunately...:mad:

Longlegs
09-29-2009, 06:41 PM
My dealer is in Hoopeston IL. I know they can take care of you if Action goes south. They picked up alot of business when Raisor lost the BRP dealership.

NewRider
09-30-2009, 10:13 AM
My dealer is in Hoopeston IL. I know they can take care of you if Action goes south. They picked up alot of business when Raisor lost the BRP dealership.

Thank you for the tip. I appreciate it.:f_spider:

NewRider
10-14-2009, 05:33 PM
I thought losing salespeople was bad...now, I find out at least one of the managers there took a 10% salary cut! They still have four '09 Spyders in stock...two red, one yellow and a Phantom. Starting to see more price cuts on their other brands: Honda, Suzuki, Star, etc...:dontknow: This is not good...

jima1153
10-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Ditto on Hoopeston. phil and his dad are very good there. I was just there today checking out the RT-S demo.:2thumbs:

jlb
10-14-2009, 10:17 PM

Ok, i'm going to have to take a road trip & check these folks out. Decatur is closer for me but I don't mind traveling for solid work. I just bought a spyder with the 3000 mile service completed so I should be good until next summer. At least I assume the 6000 is next? I must finish reading the owners manual.

jeremy taflinger
10-23-2009, 09:09 PM
I bought mine at action in lafayette and if they close I would like to find another dealer that knows what they are doing so I wont have problems if they do work on my bike, I have heard alot of dealers have no business touching these sophisticated machines...

NewRider
10-23-2009, 09:58 PM
I bought mine at action in lafayette and if they close I would like to find another dealer that knows what they are doing so I wont have problems if they do work on my bike, I have heard alot of dealers have no business touching these sophisticated machines...

So far, AMS has been very good, about servicing my SE-5. Both of their mechanics have a good handle, and check with the boss, if they're in strange waters...as they do with other makes. I'm comfortable with them, but prefer to keep an eye out, J.I.C. (Just In Case) :ani29: