PDA

View Full Version : military base sticker

bailed01
09-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Any other military riders out there? Where did you put your base sticker?

3wheeldemon
09-27-2009, 02:06 PM
Any other military riders out there? Where did you put your base sticker?

I had the pleasure of meeting Brevet05 yesterday, look what he did (left side of windshield). Picture courtesy of trm17118:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4132&d=1254074381

bailed01
09-27-2009, 02:23 PM
I was going to mine on the windshield, but didn't know if anyone came up with any other creations.

Thanks for the photo

jabba11
09-27-2009, 02:37 PM
I considered a few other places but put mine exactly where that guy put his on the windshield. It sucks but what ya gonna do. I have seen guys put it on a piece of aluminum and attach it various places even on the side of the bike.

LADD619
09-27-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm USAF but everyone else requires one so I put it on the plastic near footpeg on the left side

shansmow
09-27-2009, 07:01 PM
That was my major concern when I first got the :f_spider:...where to put the decal so it didn't affect the paint. I put the first one on my windshield but then changed windshields so had to take it off and get another decal. They just don't let you have one for each windshield.;) Sooo I just went ahead and placed it in the center black portion between the lights. Now I can switch windshields depending on winter/summer, long/short riding without having to deal with decals. I met a civilian employee who just put his on the black panel on the "driver side". Safe ryding!

Arana
09-27-2009, 07:11 PM
I bought a Beware of Dog sign, cut it a little bigger than the sticker, cut a couple of holes on the botom side, the same distance as the two screws on the bottom left of the windshield, Loosen the screws and attached the sticker. I can remove it at any time.

Is that what Brevet05 did? It looks like it.

Thanks

SSG Bean
09-27-2009, 08:18 PM
I attached mine directly to my Cal Sci. I don't think there will be any major problems removing it when the time comes. I'll just remove the entire shield and put plenty of WD-40 or Goo Gone on it to loosen the adhesive. This may not make the PMO very happy when I have to turn them back in to Ft. Leavenworth, but they will survive.

nyfdtsdemt
09-27-2009, 10:53 PM
On the swing arm left side!:ohyea:

BumbleBee
09-28-2009, 04:31 AM
I have mine on the right side, very visible for the gurds at the gate to see. Out of my way too:thumbup:

Mo Lee
09-28-2009, 05:14 AM
Here's mine just fabricated a plate mounted to the windshield screws, probably not authorized but it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

ArmyJoe
09-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Here's mine just fabricated a plate mounted to the windshield screws, probably not authorized but it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

At the risk of using common sense, the plate shouldn't be a problem, since, after all, the windshield is not permanent either. It's mounted using the same screws.

I'm planning to do something similiar when I leave for Ft Gordon in June, but mounting it under my CHAD windshield using all four screws.

Brevet05
09-28-2009, 05:50 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting Brevet05 yesterday, look what he did (left side of windshield). Picture courtesy of trm17118:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4132&d=1254074381
Yeah, that was my 'too quick' solution. I don't like it where it is, so I will likely remove it when I have some free time, and remount it on a plastic plate. I plan to use the screws as well, but under (behind) the screen. It's just basically too big for a motorcycle's windscreen.

Major Finder
09-28-2009, 05:54 PM
I stuck my Dept of Defense access sticker on the lower left side of my Evo III windshield for the guards and the rest of the world to see. The sticker generates conversation on my rides when folks see I'm from Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. Veterans and others recognize it and it leads to some friendly and interesting conversations with good people from all across the Unites States. The sticker is not in the way of visibility either.

Major Finder