PDA

View Full Version : H1N1 flu vs RT-AC flu

DannyS
09-26-2009, 08:43 PM
I have to get a flu shot this year or make that two since I also have to get the H1N1 shot. I am going to contact employee health (I work at a VA medical center) and see if I can get an RT-AC shot as well. Since I like the Blue and they won't be out till spring anyway why go with the black RT-S I will use the price difference on a hitch and SE.

So I thought I would ask how many people were bitten and have ordered. It would be nice to have a list.

Symptoms:
Repeated viewing of the BRP RT page even when you have memorized it.

Using a calculator to figure out how much you have put into the current Spyder and how much more it would take to make it an RT.

Using a calculator to see what the RT would cost with the stuff you want on it.

Wondering late at night how much you could sell your current ride for.

Using a spread sheet to see how much of a payment would wreck it.

Repeated viewing of Lamont's and Fred's videos.:chat:

NancysToy
09-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Yep, recognize the symptoms. The cure was costly for me. :roflblack:

manoman14
09-27-2009, 06:50 AM
Traded my 2001 K1200LT for a piece of paper saying that I would get an RT-S whenever! I had a terrible bad case!:2thumbs:

Some Guy
09-27-2009, 07:32 AM
welcome

Monique
09-27-2009, 07:50 AM
Repeated viewing of the BRP RT page even when you have memorized it.
DITTO

Wondering late at night how much you could sell your current ride for
DITTO + already know how much the dealer will give me as a trade -yikes

Using a spread sheet to see how much of a payment would wreck it.
DITTO + hit the delete button quickly...no more headache :dontknow:

Repeated viewing of Lamont's and Fred's videos.
DITTO + all the French videos on other sites (pays to be bilingual - more RT viewings!)

+ counting the sleeps until I get to try the RT (down to 4 now :yes:)
+ popped by the dealership yesterday just in case it came in early !

Yup...I`ve got the symptoms too....big sigh....

TOM T.
09-27-2009, 08:52 AM
I always liked the spyder but didn't like the lean forward. I did not want to buy alot of aftermarket to make it fit. The new RTS solved that problem. I wanted a new ride to replace my cruiser, that is being traded for it.
I also wanted to pay it off before it arrived. My new ride will show up in March and be all mine.:yes:

BumbleBee
09-27-2009, 10:14 AM
Traded my 2001 K1200LT for a piece of paper saying that I would get an RT-S whenever! I had a terrible bad case!:2thumbs:

:congrats:welcome

BumbleBee
09-27-2009, 10:15 AM
I always liked the spyder but didn't like the lean forward. I did not want to buy alot of aftermarket to make it fit. The new RTS solved that problem. I wanted a new ride to replace my cruiser, that is being traded for it.
I also wanted to pay it off before it arrived. My new ride will show up in March and be all mine.:yes:
:congrats:

3wheeldemon
09-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Pretty funny post DannyS:roflblack:

For anybody happy to be sick: Please skip this post and don't flame me:pray:

For anybody that want a vaccine:

"BRP reputation for getting things right the first time. Many changes and new gizmos in the RT. Maybe not a bad idea to stay away from the bleeding edge this time, wait a little while and let the new string of recalls and service bulletins for the RT take its course. Then with no need to pay sticker price, take the plunge!"

3WD

ataDude
09-27-2009, 12:14 PM

welcome

fastfraser
09-27-2009, 07:35 PM

"BRP reputation for getting things right the first time. Many changes and new gizmos in the RT. Maybe not a bad idea to stay away from the bleeding edge this time, wait a little while and let the new string of recalls and service bulletins for the RT take its course. Then with no need to pay sticker price, take the plunge!"

3WD

:agree:

NancysToy
09-27-2009, 07:46 PM

3WD
Didn't pay sticker......happy to take the plunge ASAP. Tired of the continuous whining every chance some folks get, though. This is a personal choice, and some of us are very happy with both our original Spyders and the new RT. Don't spoil our moment!

ataDude
09-27-2009, 08:11 PM
... Don't spoil our moment!

I'm personally happy for you... finally, Scotty owns (will own) a Spyder! :congrats:

NancysToy
09-27-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm personally happy for you... finally, Scotty owns (will own) a Spyder! :congrats:
Actually, my name is also on the title for Nancy's Spyder, too.....but don't tell my wife. :D

3wheeldemon
09-27-2009, 11:31 PM
Didn't pay sticker......happy to take the plunge ASAP. Tired of the continuous whining every chance some folks get, though. This is a personal choice, and some of us are very happy with both our original Spyders and the new RT. Don't spoil our moment!

Sorry Scotty. Did not mean to spoil anything. My post was addressing the original post and not your decision or anybody elses. I am very happy for you:thumbup:, and if I knew as much motorcycle mechanics as you do I would be less conservative about being the first to buy a new model.

NancysToy
09-28-2009, 07:31 AM
Sorry Scotty. Did not mean to spoil anything. My post was addressing the original post and not your decision or anybody elses. I am very happy for you:thumbup:, and if I knew as much motorcycle mechanics as you do I would be less conservative about being the first to buy a new model.
That's understandable, I guess. Probably the willingness of people to take the plunge into ownership does depend a bit both on their skills and experience, and the competence and nearness of a dealer. On the other hand, I do feel the extent of problems has been blown way out of proportion by the Internet phenomenon. If it weren't for the hasty DPS/ECM update and resulting problems, I think there would be far less concern. There has been a great deal of talk about the RT powerplant, but I think it is a plus for them to have used the same basic engine, electronics, etc. They already have two years under their belt with the RT, in that respect. Skills or no skills, I would have the dealer take care of almost any issue other than an oil change. I am not worried in the least.

DannyS
09-28-2009, 07:23 PM
I tend to agree with Scotty. This is really a second generation of the Spyder and will I think incorporate the lessons learned from the first generation. When you challenge the edge though you can find some snags and that's about all i have heard about the first generation Spyders. It seems major to the person involved but overall I think the record and response is good. Thats also what warranties are for. The RT has the equipment I would like to have (except I would still like floorboards the passenger gets them why not the driver?). By the way Scotty are you going to change your screen name, or maybe your Nancy's toy not the Spyder:roflblack:

NancysToy
09-28-2009, 08:03 PM
I tend to agree with Scotty. This is really a second generation of the Spyder and will I think incorporate the lessons learned from the first generation. When you challenge the edge though you can find some snags and that's about all i have heard about the first generation Spyders. It seems major to the person involved but overall I think the record and response is good. Thats also what warranties are for. The RT has the equipment I would like to have (except I would still like floorboards the passenger gets them why not the driver?). By the way Scotty are you going to change your screen name, or maybe your Nancy's toy not the Spyder:roflblack:
Or maybe we both are. ;)