PDA

View Full Version : Safe at home from Gatlinburg

Zerocool
09-26-2009, 07:47 PM
Brett and I made it to Carlisle, PA yesterday before we called it a day; peeled off about 550 miles of the 800.

Today we were making great time until two of the cylinders on Brett's 1999 Valkyrie stopped firing. Pulled over at a Shell station in Kutztown, PA. Took us about an hour to troubleshoot, first guess was the ignition coil. Swapping the coil attached to the failed cylinders w/a coil attached to working cylinders DIDN'T move the problem; so, it's not the coil. Checked and swapped the plugs around; problem stayed w/the same cylinders. Checked the wiring to the coil and found a partial break in one of the wires. Minor repair and some electric tape, then we were off.

Stopped in to surprise my folks in NJ for about 45 minutes, then were off again. Got home about 3:45 p.m. EST. 2700+ miles in all! To top it off, Lisa (wife) and the girls loved the souvenirs.

To everyone I finally met in person, thank you! It was a pleasure!

Keep an eye out. Pics to follow.

Last, but not least, Lamont - Thank you for the gracious hospitality. The BBQ was a terrific ending to an awesome week of riding through the smokies.

Lamonster
09-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Glad you made it home safe. You know those Honda's are always breaking down. :D

Roaddog2
09-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Glad you made it home safe. You know those Honda's are always breaking down. :D:agree::agree:Glad your home safe let us know if your going to the Pumkin Catapolt guy in VT.
I would like to see that first hand maybe Lamont could make one for next year

Smylinacha
09-27-2009, 04:44 PM
Glad your back home! Yeah Toymaker time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:2thumbs:

TJ_Spyder
09-27-2009, 10:26 PM
Wayne,
It was great to meet you and Brett and hopefully we'll meet up again someday. Glad you made it home safe.
Tom