PDA

View Full Version : Review: Vredestein tires

IGETAROUND
11-07-2021, 04:34 PM
I guess I'll need to run 16 PSI in my rear tire when I mount a new Vedstrom on the rear next year. I currently have 11,000 miles on my current Vedstrom tire and have 5mm of tread on the outside and 3mm in the center. Have been running 20 PSI cold. Fronts @ 18 PSI are wearing evenly with just less than 9mm of tread left.

Al in Kazoo

Peter Aawen
11-07-2021, 04:50 PM
Just out of interest re a survey/investigation I'm doing into this Spyder rear tire wear pattern & it's relationship to the rim width - What size rear tire are you running?? :dontknow:

And do you ever use any of the 'tire pressure tools/rules of thumb' like 'the 4psi Rule' or '10% increase' guide to setting the correct starting pressure? If so, are you reaching those indicators of the right cold start pressure or not?? :dontknow:

IGETAROUND
11-07-2021, 06:25 PM
Just out of interest re a survey/investigation I'm doing into this Spyder rear tire wear pattern & it's relationship to the rim width - What size rear tire are you running?? :dontknow:

And do you ever use any of the 'tire pressure tools/rules of thumb' like 'the 4psi Rule' or '10% increase' guide to setting the correct starting pressure? If so, are you reaching those indicators of the right cold start pressure or not?? :dontknow:

Peter, I'm running a 205/65/15 on the rear of my F3-T. This brings the speedometer to within 1 MPH of the GPS readings. I have been running 20 PSI cold. No I haven't checked the 4PSI rule nor the 10% increase guides. I havent ever stopped to check my tire pressures after an hour or so of riding.

Al in Kazoo

Snoozer
08-22-2022, 01:58 PM
What exactly determines what psi you put into the tire? On the stock tires it was recommended to run 28psi on the rear and 20 psi on the front. I have just gotten a new Vredestein rear tire and everyone recommends 20psi. I am just curious as to why. I am a newbie who is trying to get enlightened.

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-22-2022, 03:40 PM
What exactly determines what psi you put into the tire? On the stock tires it was recommended to run 28psi on the rear and 20 psi on the front. I have just gotten a new Vredestein rear tire and everyone recommends 20psi. I am just curious as to why. I am a newbie who is trying to get enlightened.

Not everyone ..... I use 18 PSI and think that works best. .... PS I use Tire Science to make this determination. .... are you familiar with the term SWAG ..... I don't use it ..... a lot of folks do ...... good luck .... Mike :thumbup:

cravenfun
08-24-2022, 08:52 AM
Back in the old muscle car days with wide tires we used to put a tire chalk line across the tread and go for a ride and see how the tire chalk wore off to see how flat the tread was contacting the road. We did this to see what air pressures would give us even tread wear across the tire. Did it with the tires warmed up also to allow for temp. / pressure increases.
I have not done this to the wife's F3 yet, need a few free hours to mess around, but I did lower the pressure on the new Kenda that the dealer had put on when we bought it used as I noticed the center was wearing more. She is only 130 lbs. and rides solo. Recommend pressure seems too high for her rider load.

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-24-2022, 09:12 AM
Back in the old muscle car days with wide tires we used to put a tire chalk line across the tread and go for a ride and see how the tire chalk wore off to see how flat the tread was contacting the road. We did this to see what air pressures would give us even tread wear across the tire. Did it with the tires warmed up also to allow for temp. / pressure increases.
I have not done this to the wife's F3 yet, need a few free hours to mess around, but I did lower the pressure on the new Kenda that the dealer had put on when we bought it used as I noticed the center was wearing more. She is only 130 lbs. and rides solo. Recommend pressure seems too high for her rider load.

The PSI for Kenda tires used on the rear have NOTHING to do with how they wear - Period ..... Mike :thumbup:

Tango
08-26-2022, 09:20 AM
I'm running 20 in my rear Vredestein. I ride 2 up 95% of the time. Plus stuff in all 4 storage areas. I put 6,000 on them mounted to my F3L.. Took them off and moved them to my RTL. Put over 6,000 on the RTL. The rear still looks new! Very happy!! :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-26-2022, 09:30 AM
I'm running 20 in my rear Vredestein. I ride 2 up 95% of the time. Plus stuff in all 4 storage areas. I put 6,000 on them mounted to my F3L.. Took them off and moved them to my RTL. Put over 6,000 on the RTL. The rear still looks new! Very happy!! :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

:clap::clap::clap: ......... I think I picked another winner ..... Mike :thumbup:

teninospyder
08-26-2022, 10:28 AM
You "THINK" ???? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack: