PDA

View Full Version : NO excuses

speedster200
09-25-2009, 09:05 PM
BRP has laid down the law. ALL Spyder dealers have to have one technician completley trained on Spyder service. If the shop doesn't have a trained tech they will not be shipped RTs. So there is your first clue that your shop has a trained tech if there are RTs on the show room floor.:clap:

michaels cycle
09-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Have you seen the different brands of units these dealerships have on the floor for cycles, ATV's, jet ski's, dirt bikes, jet boats, snowmobiles etc. and now their wrenches go back to school on Spyders?????

Something is going to suffer in the future on knowledge on repairs, big time.

RYDRS
09-25-2009, 09:48 PM
My dealer has always stated that BRP requires their dealerships to have a factory trained tech work on their products.

BLACK WIDOW
09-26-2009, 05:49 AM
BRP has laid down the law. ALL Spyder dealers have to have one technician completley trained on Spyder service. If the shop doesn't have a trained tech they will not be shipped RTs. So there is your first clue that your shop has a trained tech if there are RTs on the show room floor.:clap:

I would certainly hope they have trained techs on any product I am charged $85.00 per hour for.nojoke

Michael:doorag:

Bersquack
09-26-2009, 08:55 AM
I would certainly hope they have trained techs on any product I am charged $85.00 per hour for.nojoke

:agree::agree::agree:

Trickie Dick
09-26-2009, 06:47 PM
The dealer that services my spyder said his techs are trained and keep up by doing on line training and dvd's with workbooks. Don't know is the techs go to "school" or not. :dontknow: One plus is that the techs have been with the dealership for over ten years.

Remmos
09-26-2009, 06:55 PM

:agree:
Jeff

BajaRon
09-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Working for the fire department they were always coming out with new technology and we were always expected to know how to use it right THE FIRST TIME!

I know fixing the Spyder isn't like working on someone having a heart attack or needing to be rescued from a burning building. But still, each profession (and professional) should be at least familiar with what is coming along in their industry.

None of us should be guinea pigs for someone who is getting paid to make it right.

speedster200
09-26-2009, 08:33 PM
I made the post to to let you know that BRP is serious about the service of the Spyder.
I have seen a lot of posts about the crappy repairs and the like. BRP is listening and taking action.

ataDude
09-26-2009, 09:16 PM
I made the post to to let you know that BRP is serious about the service of the Spyder.
I have seen a lot of posts about the crappy repairs and the like. BRP is listening and taking action.

And, I thank you!

NancysToy
09-27-2009, 07:49 AM
I thank you also. It is obvious that BRP is listening. The features of the new RT show that they have been doing their homework. This will help complete the picture. For touring riders, good support throughout the country is an essential element. BMW has set the mark in that arena. Hopefully BRP will do every bit as well to keep the touring rider (and the rest) on the road. The one missing piece of the puzzle will be to get a US parts warehouse, so we can get true overnight delivery for our parts needs. Nobody wants to be stranded on their journey a week waiting for parts to clear customs.