PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Gaskets

DragonSpyder
09-25-2009, 12:53 PM
I have an exhaust leak on the front right. I have read post indicating this is a known issue but dealer states it's a wearable item and I must pay to have it replaced. Anyone else have this covered under warranty?

ataDude
09-25-2009, 01:14 PM
I have an exhaust leak on the front right. I have read post indicating this is a known issue but dealer states it's a wearable item and I must pay to have it replaced. Anyone else have this covered under warranty?

If you have to do it yourself, check out KRB1945's post on the Goldwing exhaust gaskets. They'll last longer.

NancysToy
09-25-2009, 01:31 PM
Some folks have had them replaced under warranty. It is a wear item, scheduled for replacement every 12,000 miles. If you got significantly less than this, I would press the dealer for warranty replacement. If you are near the 12K mark, the dealer will not likely do it under warranty.

DragonSpyder
09-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Thanks Scotty! Have had the leak for some time now but do have 12K miles. So I guess I will buck up and replace them. Do not think they should need replacement so soon though! I guess that goes for much of BRP's maint. items for the Spyder.

NancysToy
09-25-2009, 04:09 PM
Thanks Scotty! Have had the leak for some time now but do have 12K miles. So I guess I will buck up and replace them. Do not think they should need replacement so soon though! I guess that goes for much of BRP's maint. items for the Spyder.
I think it is crazy, but obviously there is a need. It's a design issue. I bought the Goldwing gaskets to try out.

Dudley
09-25-2009, 04:11 PM
I think it is crazy, but obviously there is a need. It's a design issue.

Don't know how, but with 26K miles I have all the original gaskets.