PDA

View Full Version : Rt-622 Trailer

blaquevenus
09-24-2009, 08:23 PM
I will purchasing an SE5 soon -- wanted to know does the new Rt-622 trailer & hitch fit the RS or the older models??
Thanx in advance.

BRPjunkie
09-24-2009, 08:46 PM
I will purchasing an SE5 soon -- wanted to know does the new Rt-622 trailer & hitch fit the RS or the older models??
Thanx in advance.

Lamont confirmed the hitch will fit so it seems the trailer would work. The only question seems to be that since the new RT has wiring to recognize the trailer is attached, how does that work on the 2008/09. Maybe some sort of harness/adapter through the passenger switch???? :dontknow:

BillGargan
09-24-2009, 11:48 PM
Lamont confirmed the hitch will fit so it seems the trailer would work. The only question seems to be that since the new RT has wiring to recognize the trailer is attached, how does that work on the 2008/09. Maybe some sort of harness/adapter through the passenger switch???? :dontknow:

If the electronics do not recognize the need for changes you are riding the edge . . . beyond danger! The Spyder is designed to keep you safe and it will not on the 2008/9 models with any trailer. Caveat Emptor!

flyjake
09-25-2009, 05:52 AM
For the many of us who have been pulling trailers with our 2008 Spyders, there is no special wiring for the trailer. I simply tapped into the respective wiring on the Spyder, with no effect whatsoever. The Spyder will recognize a drop in current (burned out bulb) but seems not too concerned with added lights. (I did, however, change my trailer brake-turn signal bulbs to led's to reduce the current draw anyways.)

NancysToy
09-25-2009, 07:29 AM
I doubt that BRP has added the necessary plug, programming, and wiring. The 2010 brochure shows a trailer capacity of 400 pounds for the RT, but no such thing for the RS. If they had intended for it to be used with a trailer (or approved of it) I'm sure they would have added a trailer capacity. Like before, it appears we are on our own for trailers on the RS.

DannyS
09-25-2009, 06:38 PM
:agree: