PDA

View Full Version : Nibble at the Bait & You'll Get Caught

NancysToy
09-23-2009, 07:49 PM
OK, you guys warned me that if I kept nibbling at the bait I'd soon get caught. It happened, I put down a deposit on a Premiere Edition Spyder RT-S today. At least I can take comfort in the fact that I lasted a whole week longer than my wife did when she decided on her PE Spyder. Guess we'll be a two Spyder family soon.

Ordered the RT-S without the trailer and with no options. The trailer was a tough decision. We would appreciate it since we will need a much larger tent and some cots to camp, after we both got new knees this year. Could even pack a grill and charcoal with that rig. On the other hand, The trailer cost buys many nights in a motel. We also had to consider that while we want to have an opportunity to ride two-up once in a while again, we would also ride two Spyders frequently, which leaves a lot of space for gear, with two trunks abd two sets of bags. The final, fatal flaw for me was the way the RT-622 trailer lid opens, dropping any water or leaves on the top, right into the trailer. I know I would not be careful enough to avoid this. Besides, it will be hard enough to find room for the Spyder (cycle #24) without making room for a trailer, too.

As to the options, the RT-S is equipped so very well that little seemed necessary. Considered the CB/Comm System, but prefer our Starcom1 comm units, so I will probably swap mine over or obtain another and adapt the Spyder comm ports. Considered the side luggage, but that can wait, and I'd like to see it first. Besides, I am thinking of sewing my own. I prefer to adapt my own GPS, too. Have an idea for Magic Man in that regard.

We thought about a plain RT with options. Didn't really need the audio but it will certainly be used, as will the heated passenger grips on those autumn color rides. The foglights and trunk liner are must-haves, and the trunk light will be nice. By the time we added what we wanted, the price was close to the good deal I got on the RT-S...and the RT wouldn't have had the electrically adjustable suspension, which was high on my list of desires. Wouldn't have had the beautiful Timeless Black paint, either. Hope this reasoning can help someone else with their deciision making.

Well, that's about it. Couldn't make the BBQ, so I did something else that was fun. I'm so excited! :yes:

Lamonster
09-23-2009, 08:04 PM
:congrats::clap::ohyea:

BRPjunkie
09-23-2009, 08:16 PM
I told you so! Happy for you since you have been a very passionate SpyderLover. Now the wait begins again. :D

BumbleBee
09-23-2009, 08:22 PM
:congrats:

ataDude
09-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Yea, Scotty! :2thumbs:

Spyderjuice
09-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Scotty
:2thumbs: I'm here in Gatlinburg and have seen the RT-S, sat on it, etc. It is nice to say the least. I'm fighting the urge myself. Congratulations on your decision. I don't think you will be dissapointed. :D

Stan

Longlegs
09-23-2009, 09:03 PM
I knew this was coming. Congrats

NancysToy
09-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Scotty
:2thumbs: I'm here in Gatlinburg and have seen the RT-S, sat on it, etc. It is nice to say the least. I'm fighting the urge myself. Congratulations on your decision. I don't think you will be dissapointed. :D

Stan
I would be more comfortable with this if I had at least sat on one myself. If I have to get Russell Day Long to redo my seat, I will lose the PE number embroidered on it. :D

I knew this was coming. Congrats
Seems like everybody knew it but me...including Nancy! I'm always the last to know. :yikes:

spyderlover2
09-23-2009, 09:42 PM
WOW, awesome! :2excited: for you. you must be bouncing off the walls waiting for it.:popcorn: even with the new knees! well, that would make for some good exercise while you wait for the new ride! i am sure you will both love it. :congrats: great choice! :firstplace: ride on you two Spyder lovers! :2thumbs:

3wheeldemon
09-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Congratulations:2thumbs::clap:.

But. Please :pray: keep helping us mortals with SE/SM5s with your unlimited knowledge and usual unselfish will to help :bowdown:

3WD

spyderlover2
09-24-2009, 12:45 AM
Hey Scotty....I was down at the cycle shop today and I could've swore I heard a fishing reel go ZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNGGG...:shemademe_smilie: :roflblack:

have a GREAT time when you reel in that RT-S!!!:2thumbs::doorag::congrats:

bjt
09-24-2009, 04:51 AM
Congrats Scotty. With you having your RT-S, maybe we can get you guys to come down to Gatlinburg with us next year. We are already planning at least a four Spyder convoy with Randy (Rando) and Bonnie. :thumbup:

NancysToy
09-24-2009, 05:58 AM
Congrats Scotty. With you having your RT-S, maybe we can get you guys to come down to Gatlinburg with us next year. We are already planning at least a four Spyder convoy with Randy (Rando) and Bonnie. :thumbup:
Not likely possible. I have to keep Nancy working to pay for it. :D Teachers don't get vacation time right after school starts.

Bersquack
09-24-2009, 06:23 AM
:congrats: I could smell it a mile away. Your first post about the RT gave it all away.

I am very happy for you!

DynamoBT
09-24-2009, 08:27 AM
Yup, I think this was a given!!! Congrats Scotty and Nancy!!! So nice that this gives you the two up option that won't stress that new knee!

Big Arm
09-24-2009, 09:51 AM
:congrats: Scotty :2thumbs: :clap:

8LEGS
09-24-2009, 09:51 AM
Awesome. :congrats: . Looks like another trip to Michigan in the spring to check out your new ride!!

8LEGS
09-24-2009, 09:52 AM

Count me in for next year too! I think Greg is wanting to go as well.

DannyS
09-24-2009, 07:50 PM
I Knew it was coming I told you just nibbling is what got the catfish caught. I would love to join you and order a blue one but I would have to sell mine first and even then I don't want payments so I will keep saving up. The standard options on the AC are just what I want. I don't ride two up so I don't need the rear suspension button adjustment and I am thinking of getting a camper so I don't think I would be interested in the trailer(just the hitch).:dontknow:

mvengineer
09-24-2009, 08:11 PM
:congrats: on your RT purchase. Mine is only 5 months old and I think I will get an RT in a year or so, shshshsh, she has no idea what I have in mind ;). One of these days I like to meet you in Battle Creek where I lived from 1974 to 1978. I will ride my spyder on this trip. Enjoy dreaming of your new toy.

northramp
09-24-2009, 08:32 PM
Congrats old friend...

You and Nancy certainly deserve it ..
Many miles of safe waiting and riding ...

bjt
09-24-2009, 08:48 PM
Count me in for next year too! I think Greg is wanting to go as well.

Cool. :thumbup:

Dwight
09-24-2009, 09:01 PM
Scotty,
Where can we see a picture of the PE? Wife would like to see one before we order it. What xtra's does the PE come with? If she doesn't like the black we'll probably order an RT-S in blue.

Thanks
Dwight

NancysToy
09-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Scotty,
Where can we see a picture of the PE? Wife would like to see one before we order it. What xtra's does the PE come with? If she doesn't like the black we'll probably order an RT-S in blue.

Thanks
Dwight
The only physical difference in the PE is a seat embroidered with the PE number. That is according to the PE certificate. No pictures available as yet, as far as I know. Beyond that you just get an engraved iPod Nano preloaded with some promotional pictures and videos. If you also order the PE RT-622 trailer and hitch, you get a specially marked leather jacket, and a free spare tire (and cover?) for the trailer.

Smylinacha
09-24-2009, 10:07 PM
:2thumbs::2thumbs::congrats: I checked out Lamonster's - boy it sure is tempting - gonna just talk to my dealer when we get back - just talk - that's all LOL!

BeRight
09-24-2009, 10:16 PM
:2thumbs::2thumbs::congrats: I checked out Lamonster's - boy it sure is tempting - gonna just talk to my dealer when we get back - just talk - that's all LOL!

Once you talk the talk the RT will get you-that is- you will get RT:D

NancysToy
09-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Yeah, I did that last week, and look where it got me! :D

Some Guy
09-24-2009, 10:38 PM
:congrats: I know you've heard this too many times now, but we all knew you'd do it! :D

We've missed you down here in Gatlinburg!

Firefly
09-24-2009, 10:55 PM
:congrats:
Wow---- I'm shocked and excited at the same time . You won't need to do anything to this seat---- this thing is one amazing piece of machine. Absolutely GORGEOUS and about as comfy as you could ever ask for!

You are gonna love this bike!

NancysToy
09-26-2009, 08:00 AM
Thanks to all of you for your good wishes and your gentle teasing. I'm sure I would not have bought the RT withought you and Nancy urging me along. I must admit to a certain amount of guilt and reluctance, some of which still lingers. I appreciate the friendship. Thanks so much!

BumbleBee
09-26-2009, 08:18 AM
Not likely possible. I have to keep Nancy working to pay for it. :D Teachers don't get vacation time right after school starts.

:agree:Having a child in school myself. Maybe Lamonster can try for end of July for his next BBQ for us spyderlovers :pray:

superfly3
09-27-2009, 01:32 AM
:congrats: Scotty and Nancy :2excited: for you guys.

NancysToy
09-27-2009, 08:16 AM
:congrats: Scotty and Nancy :2excited: for you guys.
Hey, The RT is mine! Nancy is claiming her own Spyder back. Says I swipe it too often. :D

northramp
09-28-2009, 09:28 PM
Scotty ..Over in the helmet thread u mentioned getting hit on the helmet a couple of times ....HMMMMMMMMMM Now u are taking the bait!!

Put down the checkbook and move away from the car son .:roflblack:

NancysToy
09-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Scotty ..Over in the helmet thread u mentioned getting hit on the helmet a couple of times ....HMMMMMMMMMM Now u are taking the bait!!

Put down the checkbook and move away from the car son .:roflblack:
A serious head injury can be a handy thing. It explains so much about my bad habits and faulty character. Don't you wish you had an excuse like this? :roflblack:

ZOSO
09-28-2009, 10:20 PM
welcome :roflblack: :congrats:

retread
09-28-2009, 10:24 PM
A serious head injury can be a handy thing. It explains so much about my bad habits and faulty character. Don't you wish you had an excuse like this? :roflblack:

Okay, now I wish I still had the Bell Magnum that got split up the back, built in excuse for almost everything!:shocked::2thumbs:

john

NancysToy
09-28-2009, 10:30 PM
welcome :roflblack: :congrats:
:roflblack: Thanks for the Welcome and Congratulations. We have been here a long while, though. This is PE Spyder #2...and motorcycle #24. It seems to be an incurable disease. Much like a closed head injury, I am told... :roflblack: