PDA

View Full Version : Call from BRP...

pitmon
09-23-2009, 04:08 PM
I got a call today from BRP about the newest update coming to supposedly fix the last one :gaah:. The guy appologized for the problems I was encountering with my spyder and told me to check with my dealer in the next 3-4 days or so and there should be a "fix". He promised me that if we are patient this problem WILL be fixed. He said that originally BRP thought the problems were due to mods... but after gathering more info that they realize it isn't due to the mods, it's due to a computer problem. Anyway he told me to hang in there and my spyder would soon be running like it use to. :clap: I guess we will just have to wait and see how it goes from here.

Hope you guys in Gatlinburg are having a ball. I sure wanted to ride to Lake City to see ya'll take off Monday but I had to work. Ya'll be safe and have fun...

BRPjunkie
09-23-2009, 04:31 PM
I got a call today from BRP about the newest update coming to supposedly fix the last one :gaah:. The guy appologized for the problems I was encountering with my spyder and told me to check with my dealer in the next 3-4 days or so and there should be a "fix". He promised me that if we are patient this problem WILL be fixed. He said that originally BRP thought the problems were due to mods... but after gathering more info that they realize it isn't due to the mods, it's due to a computer problem. Anyway he told me to hang in there and my spyder would soon be running like it use to. :clap: I guess we will just have to wait and see how it goes from here.

Hope you guys in Gatlinburg are having a ball. I sure wanted to ride to Lake City to see ya'll take off Monday but I had to work. Ya'll be safe and have fun...

Great! Mine goes in for 6,000 mile service/DPS fix tomorrow and it sounds like I'll miss the refix by a few days. Hope mine is one of the lucky ones that takes the first time and doesn't need the refix.

fred
09-23-2009, 05:10 PM
went to see the RT last Friday; dealer told me to call in on Wednesday, now they told me maybe Friday...
:pray:

on another note... the RT was pretty sharp.. i'll wait a year or so, see how it performs and if they make any further changes