PDA

View Full Version : Damaged saddlebag 2020 F3-T - any fixes beside go to Dealer?

seagravesg
09-27-2021, 09:24 AM
Got clipped by another Spyder at a stop. No damage to him but broke right saddle bag hinge as well as some other rear plastic. Bag cover closes and latches but dangles when open. No damage (apparent) to lights, muffler, etc.
Is that a repair a layman could do after ordering parts? Looks like everything has to be ordered separately: bag, hinges, logo, screws.....? BTW, CAN AM has very good parts diagrams and identification online.

Any suggestions other than just take to dealer?

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-27-2021, 12:53 PM
Got clipped by another Spyder at a stop. No damage to him but broke right saddle bag hinge as well as some other rear plastic. Bag cover closes and latches but dangles when open. No damage (apparent) to lights, muffler, etc.
Is that a repair a layman could do after ordering parts? Looks like everything has to be ordered separately: bag, hinges, logo, screws.....? BTW, CAN AM has very good parts diagrams and identification online.

Any suggestions other than just take to dealer?

Parts to fix are available from BRP or after-market ..... if the hinge part broke FROM the saddle bag cover it-self it will cost a lot less ....However if the hinge broke from the Panel the cover attaches to , the price just went up considerably .... good luck ... Mike :thumbup:

fredgal
09-30-2021, 04:59 AM
insurance?? i have no deductible on my 2020 limited, so mine would go to the dealer, hope u have insurance