PDA

View Full Version : Anybody tried the 3 Pcs Luggage set? Any good?

Fireblade100
09-26-2021, 06:31 AM
Hi. I’m Adrian. I live in Wales UK. Am shortly going to take delivery of a new 2021 F3 ss. Have seen on Slingshot’s web site they do a 3 piece luggage set looks nice. Has anybody bought this set from them and if so any good?

Lew L
09-26-2021, 10:38 AM

:welcome:
Welcome Adrian,

I've had the 3+ piece for an RT and used it quite often. Zippers were a little sticky but some Chapstick fixed them. They fit perfect and are a must for traveling.

Lew L

RICZ
09-26-2021, 10:42 AM
Cheer Adrian,
Did you mean SLINGMOD, the aftermarket Spyder supplier? Regardless, I am not a fan of fitted motorcycle luggage as it fills the cases, leaving no room for that which needs to stay in the bike, such as extra clothing, tools and tire repair kit. If you're camping, they are a hinderance, if you are staying in lodgings, all you need to take into the room is what's required for the night/morning.
I have been motorcycle touring for scores of years; all over the US, Canada, Mexico and Europe. So my prejudice against fitted luggage is is well established.

HayRog
09-26-2021, 11:01 AM
Hi Adrian,
We've been using luggage sets for 20+ years and have worked very well for us.
We have them for our RT and have found that the piece for the frunk is pretty much a waste of space. The 2 pieces for the side cases however have worked extremely well for us - wouldn't be without them.

troop
09-26-2021, 12:07 PM
I'm thinking he means this luggage set. Fitted luggage is great for touring. The OP may want to ask some Ryker folks, as this luggage has been offered for the Ryker for awhile.

Peteoz
09-26-2021, 04:28 PM
I'm thinking he means this luggage set. Fitted luggage is great for touring. The OP may want to ask some Ryker folks, as this luggage has been offered for the Ryker for awhile.

Yep…..the 2021 F3s doesn’t come with rear panniers, so I doubt rear internal bags would do Fireblade much good, Troop :thumbup:

Pete