PDA

View Full Version : Duffey Lake loop

RickWB
09-25-2021, 01:58 PM
Eight of us from the Vancouver Island Spyder group took 7 Spyders (6 RT's, and my F3 base) from Vancouver Island to ride the 'Duffey Lake Loop'. This is a very popular route with motorcycles. We did the route in clockwise fashion, leaving from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay, overnighting in Cache Creek. From Horseshoe Bay, this segment of the ride was the Sea to Sky highway, passing attractions such as the Britannia Mines site, the Sea to Sky Gondola, and Whistler. We had lunch at Pemberton.

The following day, we rode the historic Fraser Canyon, stopping at Hell's Gate to stretch our legs. At the terminus of the Fraser Canyon, we rode towards Vancouver, for our route back to the Island. For me, the trip was 820 km riding (508 miles), plus ferry crossings of 1.5 hrs. each leg.

Trip went well, except for a major traffic delay of 1 hr on Hwy 1 near Abbotsford.

Exceptional Fall weather!

Admins - I renamed photos with descriptions, but only some would show as labelled

ARtraveler
09-25-2021, 03:22 PM
Very nice ride. :firstplace:

canamjhb
09-25-2021, 04:29 PM
Beautiful ride and pictures. That's a loop ride I have never done, but wish I had. Thanks for the post..... Jim