PDA

View Full Version : My 2021 S2S is All in pieces - defective air bag & dead stereo!

Motogordo
09-22-2021, 04:23 PM
Sept 22, 2021

I stopped by my dealer yesterday and saw my 2021 Sea to Sky in many pieces. They replaced the defective air bag and are now trying to repair the stereo radio problem of cutting in and out. Now they say it doesn't go on at all. It's been there a week and now they are waiting for a return call from BRP electronics department to help them solve the problem. Looks like another week or two sitting outside under the tent roof with a tarp over it. The windshield, the tupperware and all kinds of parts showing. All this time out waiting for a stupid stereo to work. I never ever had an audio problem with any of my cycles. Lucky me to buy a brand new BURP product.

P.S. I just happen to stop by an IronBear dealer in Jersey. You talk about garbage. It looks like these little cycles were made in somebodies basement. What junk. Of course it came from China and is cheap to sell to kids. JMO

Motogordo Spyderman:yes:

I hear that the response time between BURP and the dealer is another long wait. I wish these Spyders would be like cars when you bring them in for service in the morning, you pick them up that same day. I am sure the dealers don't have enough technicians to service the bikes in a reasonable time period. Everyone wants to save money, and who suffers ? The Spyder owners suffer. Bummer.

gkamer
09-22-2021, 04:51 PM
you'd think after all the years BRP has been building Spyder's, they would have ironed out all the kinks by now. I know the riding season in Jersey is closing fast and I feel your pain.

gkamer
09-22-2021, 05:00 PM
Sept 22, 2021

P.S. I just happen to stop by an IronBear dealer in Jersey. You talk about garbage. It looks like these little cycles were made in somebodies basement. What junk. Of course it came from China and is cheap to sell to kids. JMO

What are Iron Bear cycles?

ARtraveler
09-22-2021, 06:25 PM
A guess...Spyder "knock offs." :dontknow:

ARtraveler
09-22-2021, 06:26 PM
Hello: MG.

Sorry to hear that the saga continues. Please keep us posted. :bowdown:

JayBros
09-22-2021, 08:43 PM
...I wish these Spyders would be like cars when you bring them in for service in the morning, you pick them up that same day...

Cages are necessities for most folks. The middle word in BRP is what? Recreational! The word alone implies absolutely no sense of need or urgency -- UNFORTUNATELY!

Woodaddict
09-22-2021, 08:56 PM
Looks like another week or two sitting outside under the tent roof with a tarp over it.

thats SAD

trong
09-22-2021, 10:24 PM
Cages are necessities for most folks. The middle word in BRP is what? Recreational! The word alone implies absolutely no sense of need or urgency -- UNFORTUNATELY!

RECREATIONAL also means it's a TOY and the owner has money to burn.....or so the dealers think.

Motogordo
09-24-2021, 12:12 PM
cheap chinese knockoffs of honda etc. Under $2,000 and look like hell. LOL.

Motogordo
09-24-2021, 12:14 PM
Sept 25, 2021

To me it is a toy for fun. However at the price of these so called toys, they are not really toys. It's like a second car. It is for my mental well being.

Motogordo
09-24-2021, 12:20 PM
Sept 25, 2021

I just back from my dealer, East Coast Cycle Center in Bensalem, Pa. They were mentioning that there have been lots of reports with stereo and audio problems on the RT's. They were in touch with BURP and looks like they will now replace the entire dash which includes the radio and everything else. Glad to hear that. I just wonder when they replace the dash, what happens to the odometer readings ?

Motogordo Spyderman

ARtraveler
09-24-2021, 01:11 PM
Sept 25, 2021

I just back from my dealer, East Coast Cycle Center in Bensalem, Pa. They were mentioning that there have been lots of reports with stereo and audio problems on the RT's. They were in touch with BURP and looks like they will now replace the entire dash which includes the radio and everything else. Glad to hear that. I just wonder when they replace the dash, what happens to the odometer readings ?

Motogordo Spyderman

In the past, when an odometer is replaced, you start over with mileage. There should be a notation on the title that the odometer is replaced at X miles.

pidjones
09-24-2021, 01:25 PM
"ironbear cycles" doesn't show up on a Google search for me.

Mikey
09-24-2021, 04:52 PM
Sept 25, 2021

Motogordo Spyderman

I most cases with auto's they mark on the back side of the new unit with the readings off the old one! I don't know what they do for bikes!:dontknow:

Joel The Biker
09-24-2021, 08:48 PM
I feel your pain and wish your spyder a speedy recovery.

Motogordo
09-27-2021, 09:53 AM
Sept 27, 2021

Thank you Joel. I also wish you the best with your engine problem. Good luck and a speedy recovery.

Motogordo Spyderman

wtrskinut1
09-28-2021, 06:24 AM
Can you tell me a little more on the radio problem. Yesterday my S2S audio stopped working. No radio, no Bluetooth audio. But the phone was still connected. Just had nothing on the audio screen. Then all of a sudden it started working again. Hopefully I am not experiencing the death of my audio also.

CloverHillCrawler
09-28-2021, 07:11 AM

Absolutely there is no sense of urgency on BRP or their dealers. It took over 3 months to fix mine after the accident I had. I kept on stressing that my F3 is my daily driver and not something that I just rode on the weekend.

Didn't matter to them and to throw salt in the wound I was told that I was being fit in between "regular appointments" which meant at this dealership I was slowing down their mechanic from doing setup for new sales during the summer.

I guess my insurance company paying them 149/hr. didn't qualify my F3 for a "regular appointment". It took over 3 months to complete 31 hours of work.

ThreeWheels
09-28-2021, 07:38 AM
Absolutely there is no sense of urgency on BRP or their dealers. It took over 3 months to fix mine after the accident I had. I kept on stressing that my F3 is my daily driver and not something that I just rode on the weekend.

Absolutely !! This seems to be a general failure in the BRP dealer network. Most of their other products are for recreational use, such as the SeaDoos and sleds and the 4X4. Of course some of these other machines are used professionally, but most are for fun. BRP doesn't seem equipped repair road machines with the necessary speed. It's very dependent on the specific dealer you use. That's why I go to Arctic Adventures instead of Dutchess Recreational Vehicles.