PDA

View Full Version : SpyderLovers BBQ, here we come!

bjt
09-22-2009, 06:00 PM
Well they put my Spyder back together yesterday afternoon and I picked it up this morning. We are packing up tonight to leave by 6am Wednesday for Mosheim, TN. See ya'll there. :thumbup:

Tom in NM
09-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Well they put my Spyder back together yesterday afternoon and I picked it up this morning. We are packing up tonight to leave by 6am Wednesday for Mosheim, TN. See ya'll there. :thumbup:

. . . . . . it is going to get pretty quiet around here and it seems the total average IQ of the forum continues to drop.

Despite that, glad you have your Spyder back and are hitting the road.

Tom

dabreitbach
09-22-2009, 06:12 PM
. . . . . . it is going to get pretty quiet around here and it seems the total average IQ of the forum continues to drop.

Despite that, glad you have your Spyder back and are hitting the road.

Tom

OUCHH!!!!!!!!!:spyder::spyder:

ataDude
09-22-2009, 06:27 PM
. . . . . . it is going to get pretty quiet around here and it seems the total average IQ of the forum continues to drop...
Tom

Hey, now.... I resemble that remark. :yikes:

NancysToy
09-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Godspeed! Wish we were going with you.

Tom in NM
09-22-2009, 06:46 PM
OUCHH!!!!!!!!!:spyder::spyder:

Hey, now.... I resemble that remark. :yikes:

I rest my case and sign off. ;)

Tom

ataDude
09-22-2009, 07:02 PM

Tom

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Tongue/mockery-056.gif

BumbleBee
09-22-2009, 07:19 PM
Have a good trip :2thumbs:

dltang
09-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Can't wait, it is going to be hard to sleep tonight. I get home about 12:30am, pack up, hitch the trailer, shower and hit the bed. Looking forward to this little get away for sure and so glad we are spydering, even if it does rain. Besides, we both got new boots today, have to try em out on a real ride...LOL

Lamonster
09-22-2009, 08:45 PM
Glad you're going to be on 3 wheels :clap::ohyea:

Firefly
09-22-2009, 09:23 PM
Can't wait, it is going to be hard to sleep tonight. I get home about 12:30am, pack up, hitch the trailer, shower and hit the bed. Looking forward to this little get away for sure and so glad we are spydering, even if it does rain. Besides, we both got new boots today, have to try em out on a real ride...LOL

Weather was really nice today down here-- so maybe it will continue--- although someguy keeps checking the weather channel every 5 minutes--- lol---- Monday got really wet from Cinci to Pigeon Forge--- but today was really nice. Had a pretty good ride--- with a few hiccups. The pack got separated on the way to Alcoa Good times--- while I was busy giving my autograph to one of TN's finest. nojoke
After I got done giving my autograph to officer friendly - the group was turned around heading the wrong way--- so Janice came over and we picked the rest of the group up and went to Good times--- because I had it in my handy GPS list---:2thumbs:.... so I was suddenly the leader of our 'better late than never' group of 20 or so.

NOTE to all---- ---- TN requires HELMETS. I had no idea -- really. I rode for awhile in Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky sans helmet (no lectures - I know it's not as safe)--- and had checked a website and thought for sure it said TN was a 21 and younger only state.

I did notice that everyone else was wearing helmets--- and said to Someguy that I must be the only idiot in the pack when it comes to safety.

Still a bit surprised that no one said anything to me--- like 'hey-- dumb#%% ---- you have to wear a helmet in TN!

I brought 2 helmets with me-- full face and 1/2. The 1/2 is causing bad itching for some reason. Ticket is no points and up to $50. The cop was a bit of a jerk saying that he say 70 Spyders go by and then see's me without a helmet-- and didn't I even wonder why everyone else was wearing one????--- heck-- I even WAVED at him! as we passed him parked under an overpass!

I don't think he believed me that I didn't know--- heck--- I mean--- I'm dumb (for not wearing one and not knowing the law)-- but I ain't STUPID --- like I would actually ride in a helmet state without a helmet and then WAVE at the cop as I passed him!

All is fine---- terribull took pics of me getting pulled over--- which I'm sure she will post.

dltang
09-22-2009, 09:48 PM
Too funny!! Not really but kind of Firefly. See you there soon.

Big Arm
09-22-2009, 09:58 PM
We'll be waiting for you :yes:

BajaRon
09-22-2009, 10:12 PM

Don't forget your Claw Hammer! Don't leave home without it!

Looking forward to seeing you again! I'll be packing and heading out to the BBQ soon myself!

I figure it's best to leave early just in case I run into bad weather or have mechanical problems on the way!

Smylinacha
09-22-2009, 10:45 PM

Have a safe ride and we will see you there!!!!:clap:

BumbleBee
09-23-2009, 06:08 AM
Weather was really nice today down here-- so maybe it will continue--- although someguy keeps checking the weather channel every 5 minutes--- lol---- Monday got really wet from Cinci to Pigeon Forge--- but today was really nice. Had a pretty good ride--- with a few hiccups. The pack got separated on the way to Alcoa Good times--- while I was busy giving my autograph to one of TN's finest. nojoke
After I got done giving my autograph to officer friendly - the group was turned around heading the wrong way--- so Janice came over and we picked the rest of the group up and went to Good times--- because I had it in my handy GPS list---:2thumbs:.... so I was suddenly the leader of our 'better late than never' group of 20 or so.

NOTE to all---- ---- TN requires HELMETS. I had no idea -- really. I rode for awhile in Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky sans helmet (no lectures - I know it's not as safe)--- and had checked a website and thought for sure it said TN was a 21 and younger only state.

I did notice that everyone else was wearing helmets--- and said to Someguy that I must be the only idiot in the pack when it comes to safety.

Still a bit surprised that no one said anything to me--- like 'hey-- dumb#%% ---- you have to wear a helmet in TN!

I brought 2 helmets with me-- full face and 1/2. The 1/2 is causing bad itching for some reason. Ticket is no points and up to $50. The cop was a bit of a jerk saying that he say 70 Spyders go by and then see's me without a helmet-- and didn't I even wonder why everyone else was wearing one????--- heck-- I even WAVED at him! as we passed him parked under an overpass!

I don't think he believed me that I didn't know--- heck--- I mean--- I'm dumb (for not wearing one and not knowing the law)-- but I ain't STUPID --- like I would actually ride in a helmet state without a helmet and then WAVE at the cop as I passed him!

All is fine---- terribull took pics of me getting pulled over--- which I'm sure she will post.

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:: roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbl ack:

Lamonster
09-23-2009, 06:12 AM

They don't play around here in TN :D

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Uploads/Graphics/000-0814123810-CopTicketKid.jpg

draboo
09-23-2009, 09:32 AM

Tom

..and the average I.Q takes a record-breaking jump!:D

Have fun and be safe,Spyderfolk.

Bersquack
09-23-2009, 09:40 AM
Stories start to trickle in. I like it. You guys ride safe!

DynamoBT
09-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Hope you have a safe trip.

Don't have to tell you to "have fun". I know you are all going to have a blast down there!!!

Enjoy yourselves!!!

bjt
09-24-2009, 05:51 AM
Glad you're going to be on 3 wheels :clap::ohyea:

Me too, I'm glad I can use the "preferred Spyder parking" area instead of being relegated to the Suburban parking lot way out in the back 40. :D

Anyways, we made it to Lamont's place by about 6pm last night. Of course, he was in Gatlinburg visiting with all the other "Spyders in the Smokies" attendees. So we visited with his wife and son for a while then went to meet Bonnie and Randy (Rando) for dinner at a place called Sandies in Bulls Gap. They made us an excellent meal. :thumbup: We got a good nights sleep and are ready for a great BBQ and some awesome fellowship.