PDA

View Full Version : How do you remove the Drivers seat back rest?

Dnova68
09-20-2021, 08:10 PM
How do you remove the driver seat factory backrest on a 2014 spyder rt se6. Gray with chrome trim. 1330 cc

Peter Aawen
09-20-2021, 09:30 PM
Umm, what year/model?? :dontknow: Removing the backrest varies a bit between RT's, F3's, & Rykers; as well as 2019's & earlier vs 2020+ for the RT's.

It might help readers if you add your Spyder/Ryker model & year to the Signature line in your profile, then click the 'Display Signature' button - that way everyone can see, and you won't need to add it to every post where you ask a question about it. Check out my sig line below. ;)

Dnova68
09-21-2021, 01:34 AM
2014 spyder rt limited 1330 cc. Gray with chrome trim model se6.

JayBros
09-21-2021, 08:15 AM
If you raise the seat there should be a release tab on the bottom of the right side (as one sits on the Spyder, of course) backrest base. Push the release tab to the left and lift the backrest out.

budC
09-27-2021, 08:20 PM
If you raise the seat there should be a release tab on the bottom of the right side (as one sits on the Spyder, of course) backrest base. Push the release tab to the left and lift the backrest out.

Thanks. As a new (to me) owner of a '14 RT, I'm just working my way into it, and I was puzzling out how to do this.

So, it's off - and there's a really ugly large hole in the seat. I was hoping for something !ike a velcro'd flap, but no such. Am I wrong in assuming that there was a plug that came with the seat? If there was, it's off with the tool kit, misplaced by one of the previous 3 owners. Anyone have an idea where to get something that will block weather from getting to the underside of the seat?

Steve W.
09-27-2021, 10:22 PM
Umm, what year/model?? :dontknow:

Seems to be plainly-stated in the first post. :dontknow:

Maybe you need to turn your screen upside down because you are "down under"? :joke:

Peter Aawen
09-28-2021, 12:47 AM
Seems to be plainly-stated in the first post. :dontknow:

Maybe you need to turn your screen upside down because you are "down under"? :joke:

That bit is true (now... :rolleyes: ) but that's only AFTER the first post was edited to add the requested info - everything after the word 'backrest' (looks like that was done by the OP, hence no reason/record visible to all ;) ) and even that was done AFTER the reply the OP posted up the info you can see in post #3 (look familiar?? :dontknow: ) a post which was put up some hours AFTER my post requesting said info & suggesting the OP edit their Sig Line to include that info & avoid all the queries/discussion about what Spyder/year/model... :p

Besides, I can fluently read upside down (& write too!) - how do you think I manage to read anything/everything here in the first place?!? :gaah:

:roflblack:

JayBros
09-28-2021, 10:23 AM
So, it's off - and there's a really ugly large hole in the seat. I was hoping for something !ike a velcro'd flap, but no such. Am I wrong in assuming that there was a plug that came with the seat? If there was, it's off with the tool kit, misplaced by one of the previous 3 owners. Anyone have an idea where to get something that will block weather from getting to the underside of the seat?

Black Cap, PN 708001633, $8.79 from Cheap Cycle Parts.