PDA

View Full Version : Forgot how fun Emporium area was!

Wmoater
09-20-2021, 08:23 AM
Wife and I took a 450 mile ride yesterday through cooks forest to St Marys, 555>120>872>879>144>44 and back past the Kinzua dam on 6>59. Forgot how fun the roads are towards Emporium area. What a great 10 hour ride! I didn’t see any spyders?

larryd
09-20-2021, 08:56 AM
Wife and I took a 450 mile ride yesterday through cooks forest to St Marys, 555>120>872>879>144>44 and back past the Kinzua dam on 6>59. Forgot how fun the roads are towards Emporium area. What a great 10 hour ride! I didn’t see any spyders?

We were also out riding yesterday in south central PA...We did the Staple Bend & Gallitzin railroad tunnels...Only 160 miles...Saw 3 other Spyders...BEAUTIFUL RIDING DAY...larryd

ARtraveler
09-20-2021, 10:24 AM
For many of us, the prime time for riding is upon us. Fall colors kicking in or showing nicely. Temps in the low 70's. Hopefully, a lot of bright sunshine days to go along with it. The jackets will be coming for us within the next month or so. Not to hot, not to cold. Just beautiful scenery.

Enjoy. :yes:

Yabbadabbadoo
09-21-2021, 08:15 AM
Adding this area to my bucket list of rides I can do on an overnight trip from my base in CT.

larryd
09-21-2021, 10:04 AM
Hyner View has one of the most spectacular overlooks east of the Mississippi...The Kinzua Bridge is equally impressive...And if you want to impress the miss's stop at "Tall Oaks" gift shop... http://www.talloaksstores.com/...Rt 6 has many spectacular places to visit and the fall foliage is breath taking this time of the year...We enjoy traveling from the PA Grand Canyon at Wellsboro west to Erie...Rt 6 is very motorcycle friendly...larryd

Snowbelt Spyder
09-21-2021, 11:08 AM
Not too far away from all of that is Bennezette in Elk County. The rut is beginning. Great fun to be staring at a big bull elk, and him staring right back, while sitting on a Spyder.

Wmoater
09-29-2021, 12:09 PM
Hyner View has one of the most spectacular overlooks east of the Mississippi...The Kinzua Bridge is equally impressive...And if you want to impress the miss's stop at "Tall Oaks" gift shop... http://www.talloaksstores.com/...Rt 6 has many spectacular places to visit and the fall foliage is breath taking this time of the year...We enjoy traveling from the PA Grand Canyon at Wellsboro west to Erie...Rt 6 is very motorcycle friendly...larryd

The 666 is a great road to travel and my wife does like to stop there too (tall oaks) ! Another great route is 949 to 948 to 666 from the south. We’ll run 322 out of meadville to 949. Then run 127 back to tidiuote and north to 27 and back to warren. Forgot about Hyner! Been a while. We’re heading back in 2 weeks for fall colors. Will have to stop and refresh my memory. There’s a great campground called “ole bull” we are staying at. Awesome for a small toyhauler! When it comes to the reservoir, The left side (west side) of the reservoir is also a hidden gem. Most don’t run that side but stick to the 59 east side. There’s only one road on the west side out of warren. Not hard to find. Runs by the old boy scout camp and into NY. Then keep going and end up in ellicioutville.

PURPLEON3
02-08-2023, 02:53 PM
Beautiful area for sure! We were there in October...I saw one other Spyder because he rode up with our group lol